Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kerfoot has 4 min of power play time this year vs Garland's 80 min, which means he is on the 2nd unit powerplay ...lol. By contrast Kerfoot is one of our best Penalty Killers and has 78 min of PK time vs 2 min for Garland. Kerfoots EV Points per/60 is also much higher than his, while getting 45 sec less ice time per game than Garland...it's not really even close.

Kerfoot's prior point totals were 21 and 28 points as well. Garland is also scoring more goals than Kerfoot too, and 13 of his assists are secondary, compared to Garland's 4 as well...so maybe playing with Nylander, Marner and Matthews is just putting an IG filter on his play. This is the first time Kerfoot has outproduced Garland since his rookie season, too. Penalties drawn, hits taken, hits in general, give aways, take aways, rebounds created, and quadrupling Garlands EN points is also not really making Kerfoot look much better this season when putting everything in context and cherry picking stats.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Why trade him, He has been great for Canucks, and a huge leadership presence

Reactions: Cogburn

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He's a 2 dressed up as a 9. The guy caves under pressure and costs his team game after game since he's been in the league. He is the opposite of clutch. A major disappointment. And he is much slower now. He is terrible in his own end now, and that is saying something because he is a D man.
I am absolutely certain you have not seen Luke Schenn play in five years.
What are complete bullshit analysis of a player who has completely rejuvenated his career in the past 5 years

Reactions: Visnovsky

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kerfoot has 4 min of power play time this year vs Garland's 80 min, which means he is on the 2nd unit powerplay ...lol. By contrast Kerfoot is one of our best Penalty Killers and has 78 min of PK time vs 2 min for Garland. Kerfoots EV Points per/60 is also much higher than his, while getting 45 sec less ice time per game than Garland...it's not really even close.
One guy plays 3rd wheel/digger with Tavares and Nylander/Marner and the other guy has been juggled around all season long on a bad team but sure let’s judge them based on P/60

Next let’s compare some Florida Panthers players to some Yotes players using that same logic.

Mason Marchment > Clayton Keller

Brilliant

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
One guy plays 3rd wheel/digger with Tavares and Nylander/Marner and the other guy has been juggled around all season long on a bad team but sure let’s judge them based on P/60

Next let’s compare some Florida Panthers players to some Yotes players using that same logic.

Mason Marchment > Clayton Keller

Brilliant
I would actually rather have Marchment than Garland

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Kerfoot's prior point totals were 21 and 28 points as well. Garland is also scoring more goals than Kerfoot too, and 13 of his assists are secondary, compared to Garland's 4 as well...so maybe playing with Nylander, Marner and Matthews is just putting an IG filter on his play. This is the first time Kerfoot has outproduced Garland since his rookie season, too. Penalties drawn, hits taken, hits in general, give aways, take aways, rebounds created, and quadrupling Garlands EN points is also not really making Kerfoot look much better this season when putting everything in context and cherry picking stats.
His argument was that Garland gets no powerplay time but he is in fact on the 2nd unit. Kerfoot does not play on the PP, and the time he does get is a few seconds as they transition back to 5-on-5. Kerfoot kills Penalties, something Garland doesn't do. These are fundamental differences in player usage here. If the Leafs swapped players, Garland would not even be taking Kerfoot's role here. Again, Leafs are looking to add to the roster, not subtract.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Canuck fans you need to realize something, we know EXACTLY what Luke Schenn is, he was drafted by Toronto he played 4 years here.

His game hasn't changed we know he's not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

1st round picks go for top 4 D and he wouldn't be that in Toronto he'd be our #6 or 7

He's not playing above Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin or Holl and I don't even like Holl.

He's not playing above Sandin

He might play above Lilly some nights but there is also Dermott.

He's somewhere between #6-#8 on our depth chart

Reactions: jaric1862

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Absolute most he should go for is a 3rd, that's even a bit much. He's a bottom pairing defenceman

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Canuck fans you need to realize something, we know EXACTLY what Luke Schenn is, he was drafted by Toronto he played 4 years here.

1st round picks go for top 4 D and he wouldn't be that in Toronto he'd be our #6 or 7

He's not playing above Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin or Holl and I don't even like Holl.

That's literally the point. He's worth more to us than other teams might offer. It wouldn't make sense to dump him for anything less than a 2nd.

Schenn has become a glue guy that is worth keeping and letting his contract run than to let him go for a 3rd or a 4th. If you watch him play with Hughes, it works because they understand Schenn's limitations (skating) and use it to their advantage.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Schenn is not worth what we're asking, we all know this as Canucks fans. A 2nd? Ha, no one should pay that.

Schenn's absence to us is worth what ever overpayment we'd need to move him. That's why we see these suggestions.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
He's a heavyweight fighter and explosive hitter that can actually play. Two time Cup winner. Good teammate. Analytics are surprisingly decent. Oh and hes signed for league minimum for another season after this. On a good club on its 3rd pair hes almost an ideal player. I think he should theoretically be worth more than people think

Feb 19, 2018
I’d keep him honestly. You won’t replace what he brings at 800K and they found out how to use him in the top 4. I think he brings more than Reaves to a team and he received a first.
A late second is where I would give in and anything less I don’t think anyone would want to pay. He would be excellent in the playoffs.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Muzzin, Holl and Schenn on the defensive unit? That's a lot of cement skates out there.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Leafs fans need to realize that it was a Leaf fan that made the proposal. With Schenn under contract for next season at $850k and showing he can be a stabilizing partner for Hughes, the Canucks aren't going to trade him unless the asset coming back makes sense given Schenn's cap hit and role. A 3rd is probably market value, the Canucks might not see the option to replace him for under $1 so a 3rd isn't a great asset, especially a late 3rd from a contender. If a team like the Leafs want Schenn, I would ask for a 2nd or an equivalent prospect, so essentially an over pay, otherwise he is a very good option to have on the roster this year and next.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs fans need to realize that it was a Leaf fan that made the proposal. With Schenn under contract for next season at $850k and showing he can be a stabilizing partner for Hughes, the Canucks aren't going to trade him unless the asset coming back makes sense given Schenn's cap hit and role. A 3rd is probably market value, the Canucks might not see the option to replace him for under $1 so a 3rd isn't a great asset, especially a late 3rd from a contender. If a team like the Leafs want Schenn, I would ask for a 2nd or an equivalent prospect, so essentially an over pay, otherwise he is a very good option to have on the roster this year and next.

What proposal this is a rumor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad