Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
No technically it's a Canucks beat writer
Sure, you're right, however, the entirety of the thread is predicated on the Leafs having interest in Schenn, not that the Canucks are trying to move Schenn and are hoping to unload him on the Leafs. If a team approaches you looking at one of your players the price is higher than the other way around. I recognize that Schenn isn't really worth the 2nd, but for the 3rd I'd rather keep him as inexpensive insurance. He lives in Kelowna in the off season, he makes almost league minimum, he hits, defends team mates, so for his role anything less than a 2nd or equivalent prospect I don't see the value for the Canucks.

Feb 19, 2018
Schenn can’t be going anywhere. He’s a vet that knows his role and is probably underrated around the league until you play him. Canucks need more sandpaper as is.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This rumour has BS written all over it. Dubas spoke yesterday and literally said they are not looking right now and is happy the way the team is built. Leafs rumours are BS
A GM not looking for ways to improve their team 6 weeks before the deadline isn't doing his job.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
For people wondering exactly what Luke Schenn will bring you, Here is his stat line tonight.

It’s honestly incredible how much he rejuvenated his career

he's also overtaken Hughes as our Plus Minus leader right now.

not interested in trading him, unless it's some minor over payment, like 2 2nd rounds coming our way or a 1st rounder.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I get fans can get sentimental, but this is Luke Schenn...a bottom pairing D signed for league minimum. Basically what Bogosian was last year. Nice to have but if he's performing above his value and your team isn't going to compete this year, makes a lot more sense to get an asset for him no? You've got him outperforming his contract. Getting a 3rd or 4th for him is a huge win.

I mean if you want to keep him that's fine..nice bottom pairing d, just seems like he is what he is. Doesn't seem smart keeping a bottom pairing d when he's probably more valuable with another year at his contract than waiting it out and hoping he's consistent next year and returns better value or helps your team. But that's just me. Vancouver has tougher decisions to make than what to do with Luke Schenn

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
I get fans can get sentimental, but this is Luke Schenn...a bottom pairing D signed for league minimum. Basically what Bogosian was last year. Nice to have but if he's performing above his value and your team isn't going to compete this year, makes a lot more sense to get an asset for him no? You've got him outperforming his contract. Getting a 3rd or 4th for him is a huge win.

I mean if you want to keep him that's fine..nice bottom pairing d, just seems like he is what he is. Doesn't seem smart keeping a bottom pairing d when he's probably more valuable with another year at his contract than waiting it out and hoping he's consistent next year and returns better value or helps your team. But that's just me. Vancouver has tougher decisions to make than what to do with Luke Schenn
That is true but let’s give Luke some credit. He has played well enough to make us want to keep him or at least get a 2nd rounder. He’s at best a third pairing caliber but has learned to play to his strengths and minimize mistakes

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I'd take a second rounder at this point, but anything less, and well, we don't have an internal replacement, and if we're selling the rest of the team for scrap metal at that point...then a 3rd, as he will definitely ruin the tank if he's here.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

It would take a 2nd for me to move him (or comparable prospect). He offers too much value to the Canucks with his contract and role. I get a 2nd is an overpay, but a 10% chance of getting a player that will contribute in 3-4 years isn't enough incentive for me to move a player that has found his role and seems content and makes $850k this year and next. If the Canucks are still a disaster next year, sure trade him for a 5th at the deadline, but a 3rd or 4th this year isn't worth it to me.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It would take a 2nd for me to move him (or comparable prospect). He offers too much value to the Canucks with his contract and role. I get a 2nd is an overpay, but a 10% chance of getting a player that will contribute in 3-4 years isn't enough incentive for me to move a player that has found his role and seems content and makes $850k this year and next. If the Canucks are still a disaster next year, sure trade him for a 5th at the deadline, but a 3rd or 4th this year isn't worth it to me.

In all fairness, it's 12% according to some Guelph reporter I quoted earlier. 25% to play 200 games or more.

Once again, a number 5 guy isn't worth a second round pick, but his role and cap hit have him transcend that designation to us. He is super valuable to us, above and beyond the obvious.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Could be a master move by the Canucks to put him with Hughes to inflate the stat line a bit and cash out :P

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Let's be honest here he's probably worth a 3rd, maybe a prospect too because of the extra year.

But now I just saw a 1st +

come on let's be realistic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad