Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.gif

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
We could get a late 3rd for him next deadline, and it sounds like there are a few teams interested. My ask would be a late 2nd, or a 3rd+ b prospect

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I'd be fine with a 3rd.

As long as his coaches can make sure he keeps everything simple and defers to his partner for getting the puck out, he's serviceable.
Pretty much all defensemen on the leafs with the exception of holl and maybe dermott (although he is a fast skater) can execute transitions. Even the forwards can execute transitions. It’s what dubas looks for when signing and scouting players.

Only problem is that leafs don’t have a lot of draft assets for 2022 unless canucks want travis dermott (current 3rd pairing dman with potential to slot in 2nd pairing although you guys have hughes and oel).

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
You might call it... fanception :popcorn:
(Lol if only you guys would take Poolman or Hamonic for Kampf or Kerfoot as a counter-offer :help::confused:)
Someone was saying they wanted a our first born for Schenn which I interpret as Blue chipper or 1st rounder...a good laugher!

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We could get a late 3rd for him next deadline, and it sounds like there are a few teams interested. My ask would be a late 2nd, or a 3rd+ b prospect
I get the logic in waiting, but there's no guarantee that he's still healthy, playing well, and in demand next year. A 3rd would be a solid return for a team looking to add picks.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I get the logic in waiting, but there's no guarantee that he's still healthy, playing well, and in demand next year. A 3rd would be a solid return for a team looking to add picks.

No, not really...especially a late 3rd.

He seems to mesh well and is signed super cheap. Our management is talking about moving out salary and Schenn makes next to nothing. He won't be a player that management wants to move - a 2nd is probably a can't refuse offer though.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Don’t embarrass leaf fans.
How would that embarrass Leaf Fans? All Leaf fans would take that provided we could fit them under the cap; they would even make room for them. It is just that Canucks fans wouldn't make that deal.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
No, not really...especially a late 3rd.

He seems to mesh well and is signed super cheap. Our management is talking about moving out salary and Schenn makes next to nothing. He won't be a player that management wants to move - a 2nd is probably a can't refuse offer though.

hes kinda like a body guard for Hughes, I don't really want to move him to be honest. Unless its a very high pick coming back like a 2nd which is unlikely, so might as well just keep him.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Schenn should remain a Canuck, UNLESS...we get offered a 1st round pick. That is the only way I move him with how well he has played and him being signed through next year.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I’d rather keep Schenn and dump Hamonic/Poolman but that’s likely not happening. A 3rd is probably fair value especially since he’s signed thru next season at a very reasonable cap hit.
^^^^^ This

And the fact he really seems to be the only one who can play with Hughes well at an 800k cap hit, if they trade him thats gonna suck. Hamonic and Poolman have been awful partners with Hughes in their brief stints when I get a chance to watch.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
What would be the price for Schenn + Garland?

Kerfoot + Dermott (Cap Reasons) + 2022 1st + Rodion Amirov + 2023 2nd

would that be enough? not looking to start a fight here just spitballing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad