Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Other than Hughes, the only other Canucks defensemen worth his contract. He plays really well with Hughes, is signed for 1 more year at 850k, and is on a team in need of more RD, not less. Since his value is higher to Vancouver than his trade value, I don't see a point in trading him unless Vancouver acquires an upgrade on RD in another trade. He can't be worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder so what's the point if you're just opening up a hole on D.

VAN should be stockpiling picks, especially since they don't have their own 2nd and 3rd this year. Sell high and take the 3rd

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
VAN should be stockpiling picks, especially since they don't have their own 2nd and 3rd this year. Sell high and take the 3rd
This made sense, that's why it has never been done when Benning is in charge, hopefully the new regime will do the right thing this time around.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
So NIck Foligno got a 1st and a 4th so Schenn should get a 1st and a 3rd:sarcasm:. Would rather keep him as he is a useful player and plays well with Hughes

Reactions: Paddys Pub

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The last time the Leafs were really interested in Luke Schenn, it didn’t work out so well.

Funny enough, the general perception of Luke Schenn is still damaged from his time as a Leaf. But since his Toronto/Philly days, he's been just fine.

Reactions: JKG33

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Leafs interested in Luke Schenn:
64coru.jpg

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As a fit alongside Rasmus Sandin, it would probably be an ideal add.... especially with his cap hit for next year.

To me, the concern is whether he can move the puck well enough. Ideally the Leafs would want somebody with a better first pass, that could give them flexibility to pair with Muzzin. Schenn would have to basically be a strict-Sandin partner.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
As a fit alongside Rasmus Sandin, it would probably be an ideal add.... especially with his cap hit for next year.

To me, the concern is whether he can move the puck well enough. Ideally the Leafs would want somebody with a better first pass, that could give them flexibility to pair with Muzzin. Schenn would have to basically be a strict-Sandin partner.

To the bolded....he can't.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hes such a useful player for us and on a cheap contract on a team full of awful contracts. Hes a great #5/6 and most of us hated the signing when it happend last off season

I see no reason to trade him accept for a ridiculous overpayment which I dont think any team should really be doing

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
Hes such a useful player for us and on a cheap contract on a team full of awful contracts. Hes a great #5/6 and most of us hated the signing when it happend last off season

I see no reason to trade him accept for a ridiculous overpayment which I dont think any team should really be doing
Completely agree. A second I take in a heartbeat, a third I’m neutral, but less I would rather keep him

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Leafs fans are certain they'll win the cup, so their first is basically a sixth rounder last time the Leafs won a cup.

so Leafs should trade their first and second for Luke Schenn.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Completely agree. A second I take in a heartbeat, a third I’m neutral, but less I would rather keep him

This is about my level of interest in trading him too.

If we get a second offered, somehow, we take that and run. If we get a third, eh, it depends on who else we trade off or pick up.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Leafs pick him up as a #7, or a guy who is needed if the series gets physical. As long has he can move the puck on short-passes to Sandin, Sandin can get the puck up the ice. This isn't a starting lineup trade, it's depth. Probably Dermott for Schenn type move.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

And what's even moreso is that for less than a 3rd I'd hang onto a useful player and still be happy to move him next deadline for a 4th

Reactions: Nucker101

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Seriously, i think Luke Schenn is much too slow to be of much use.

I absolutely love his character and what he represents, but I hope his playing time with the Leafs has passed long ago.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It make sense that they want to add depth on defense but I need something more credible than Taj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad