Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I freely admit I'm not a rap fan, but those lyrics sound like a commercial promoting drug use, not the greatest idea for the younger fan base. Who's genius idea to ask for the players input on the song.........
Lol, what did Guns n Roses, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC and many of those other classic rock and metal bands associated with the older generation of hockey fans often sing about?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lol, what did Guns n Roses, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC and many of those other classic rock and metal bands associated with the older generation of hockey fans often sing about?
I dare you to find a song by those bands that explicitly promote drug use like the lyrics of this song. Big difference between lyrics that could be implying drug use to lyrics that are overtly about drug use.............

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The song was a huge hit around the time I was in university and was often played at parties, and in general is still a big pre-game night out track.

too many folks still married to the idea of AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Springsteen etc.
I've tried to sing all of these...usually when I was in my cups. I realized I shouldn't quit my day job but Kid Cudi? If that is good by todays standards, I'm selling everything and going on tour.

Reactions: kb and rumman

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I've tried to sing all of these...usually when I was in my cups. I realized I shouldn't quit my day job but Kid Cudi? If that is good by todays standards, I'm selling everything and going on tour.
Pursuit of Happiness was more of a mainstream radio-friendly hit, but Kid Cudi has been popular since 2009. He's quite talented and has a big discography with songs about a variety of topics, and has been quite influential in hip-hop and R&B. You sound like a typical guy from an older generation criticizing something because it is different from what they're used to.

I dare you to find a song by those bands that explicitly promote drug use like the lyrics of this song. Big difference between lyrics that could be implying drug use to lyrics that are overtly about drug use.............
You can't be serious.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
When I first saw Pursuit Of A Happiness, I thought perhaps it was going to be I'm An Adult Now (lol). I didn't realize there was a song by the same name of the band.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Pursuit of Happiness was more of a mainstream radio-friendly hit, but Kid Cudi has been popular since 2009. He's quite talented and has a big discography with songs about a variety of topics, and has been quite influential in hip-hop and R&B. You sound like a typical guy from an older generation criticizing something because it is different from what they're used to.

You can't be serious.

I'll admit I'm not used to it but I have an almost 1TB digital contempory music collection I built that spans more than half a century with a lot of genres. I'm used to a lot.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I feel like they did a B or B+ here. It was a song I loved, 14 years ago.... They could have done worse, they could have done better. Can't make everyone happy.
Honestly, even though I am happy with this choice and like the song, I do wonder why they ever stopped using Zombie Nation. Great hype up track and it was ours for many years, but they changed it and the Bruins have stuck with it and it's closely associated with them now.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Doesn’t kiss (I know not mentioned here but mentioned before) have a song Paul Stanley sings called love gun which is explicitly about his penis?

Honestly, even though I am happy with this choice and like the song, I do wonder why they ever stopped using Zombie Nation. Great hype up track and it was ours for many years, but they changed it and the Bruins have stuck with it and it's closely associated with them now.
I quite liked it, does anyone use seven nation army? That drum kick at the beginning is really good for getting the crowd going imo

I'm impressed with the ageism, attacking older poster's song choices and mocking them.

Good job, hope you still think you are top flight humans.
I just think it’s good fun poking at the old fogeys who haven’t updated their playlists in fifteen years. (I’m old)
Also kid cudi has been around nearly 15 years and isn’t exactly zoomer music either

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

You can't be serious.

Isn't Mr. Brownstone an anti drug song? The Leafs goal video literally has kids popping pills.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
I think I prefer the arenas that create their own. Stars have a good one. Hate hearing ot but love it.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Is alcohol a drug? I would submit it's the most dangerous drug myself. (Love this song BTW)

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I liked the old goal song quite a bit (mostly because it made me feel like doing karate in the garage) but it was clearly time for a change. But last night's goal song had me hoping Montreal would get an empty-netter rather than the Leafs tying the game (joking but only slightly - that shit was terrible).

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
“The Pursuit of Happiness“ to me just means these guys chasing their huge July 1st bonuses…not really a championship winning team vibe overall.
But it’s good to hear change, I was hoping each player would have their own song though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad