Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I get the sense a lot of Leaf’s fans are not optimistic about the season. Some are waiting for the the trade deadline, some the playoffs, and some feel like their wadding in quicksand.
When even Bonesy calls out the fans for how quiet they are and there's clowns defending it...pathetic.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Scotiabank definitely ain’t what the ACC used to be when it comes to fans. Lower bowl has become a joke, mostly business men and women who aren’t real fans.
:huh: It's the same building, they just changed the name.

Why would anyone go to a game if they didn't want to be there? Mindless yelling doesn't make you any more of a fan than those who watch and discuss the game with those around them. Upper bowl and lower bowl is really no different.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This is very old school, but it has(had) a local flavor, and kind of of fits the bill as an exuberant, celebratory thing. Started it at 0:38, when the chorus kicks in.

best song I've heard suggested so far, sadly I doubt the younger crowd would agree..........

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Our walkout song should Closer To The Heart by Rush.

Our goal song if it’s only going to be one song should Hair of the Dog by Nazareth.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Both the new goal songs so far are major misses, imo.

So generic. So disappointing.

Tonight's is even worse than the O6 one, too...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No idea what the song was tonight but I do know that the wave went around the building at least a dozen times. That was a first for me.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Classic boomers and Karens spoiling the fun again. Just put Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi for them and call it a day I guess.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Classic boomers and Karens spoiling the fun again. Just put Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi for them and call it a day I guess.
This is kinda ironic.
After people spent years complaining about the old goal song now they are mad different people complained about the new one.

From a mostly outside perspective both sides seem pretty much the same to me.

Reactions: kb

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Really lame but given how corporate and sanitized this ownership group is guess we shouldn't be shocked that the complaints of a few would cause MLSE to fold on the goal song.
I don't think any major corporation would want to answer questions about why they're connected to a song about driving drunk and poppin' pills. Especially during an opioid epidemic.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Play the beginning of Wake Up by Arcade Fire and call it day. It’s anthemic. Everyone can sing the chorus and it’s a message to the building’s dead crowd. Bonus points for stealing it from a Montreal band.

We would win the Cup with this as our goal song. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Because of the age range of the fan base and people’s wide range of musical tastes it seems at least half the fan base is going to hate any song they pick leading to complaints.

So really it seems to me there is only 1 logical choice.
TSN Overdrive mockingly suggested Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus and it’s perfect. Everyone will hate it and we would be the laughing stock of the entire league but at least we will all be equally miserable. It’s the only thing that’s fair and at least no one will get mad when people complain about a song they like because no one likes that song.
Bonus points if they add Buffalo Bill’s commentary from silence of the lambs. Double bonus points if anyone stands in the crowd like he did in the movie.

• Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
That was Mickey Krause’s Dup Dup that was the goal song last night. Fans seemed to like it. Much better than that stupid song they had for the first game with questionable lyrics “driving drunk, I’m doing my thang”. Good idea to nix that shit.

Reactions: Obo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad