Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That one is fun, easy to chant to, get the crowd into it. It’ll catch on as the goals keep coming. I love the idea of having some old classic rock like the Immigrant Song as much as the next guy, but honestly, for a goal song you want that high tempo chant style song. “Dup Dup” is fun and the kids will like it.
They did play The Immigrant Song during one of the commercial breaks last night.

Macman

May 15, 2004
If they got rid of a Pursuit of Happiness cause it mentions drugs (not that they even had the lyrics playing, it was just the song), then I doubt they pick a song from an artist who is currently dealing with sexual assault allegations.

I forgot about that. Too bad. It would have been perfect.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Anyone else remember when Ralph Fraser (RIP) was the Leafs organist? I think he might have invented the gosl song concept. He had The Maple Leafs Forever as the Leafs goal song, plus he had a "themed" goal song for when the opponent would score.

I've always thought an organist gets more hype in the building than some snippet from a corporate song.

Reactions: the squared circle

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Chaos lol.

I have no idea what they are playing now that it is not that damn song of the last five years, but whatever it is, it has the resounding quality of not be that.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Like i said in the wrong thread. Tenacious D should make " The greatest goal song in the world" for Leafs. Anyone with Tenacious D contacts please forward that idea.

I would build it around something in style of Rachel Bloom version of Hearts - Barracuda .

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Or Benny Hill with the replay of the opposite teams bench on fastforward.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Let's go with this to piss off the other 31 teams when we score.
Imagine blowing out the habs 7-0 and they have to hear this everytime.

something like this or an upbeat country song if your going to do one at all.

• Haha
Reactions: slozo

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
What does this have to do with Arcade Fire? I was responding to the idea of using one of their songs.
Nothing - I was just referencing the first "new" goal sing that's all, and you had referenced them as well saying they got rid of them because of the drunk driving reference . . . I thought that was a good comment to reply to, since I wanted to point out how utterly asinine it was to even have that song as an option in the first place.

I just heard the posted Satriani "crowd chant" and that I think would be absolute FIRE . . . even has a built in crowd chant in response to the guitar.
And doesn't glorify drugs and drunk driving.

Reactions: Rob Brown

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just pick 4 or 5 songs from different eras and shuffle them up whenever the Leafs score.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Just do a remix of

Filter - Hey Man Nice Shot.

That's why I say Hey Man Nice Shot.
What a good shot man.

*get rid of the gun reference and use Hey man Have fun 2 times

ahhhh nice shot man

Reactions: slozo

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Time for the Leafs to do what the Sabres do and have a specific goal song for each player. That way they get to hear whatever they want to when they score, and they are the ones who would be faced with ridicule if choosing something lame.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Time for the Leafs to do what the Sabres do and have a specific goal song for each player. That way they get to hear whatever they want to when they score, and they are the ones who would be faced with ridicule if choosing something lame.
The players can't really hear the music anyway.

I guess the real question is "who is the goal song for?"
The players or the fans?

Last edited:

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
We are getting close to as bad as the old Hartford Whalers goal song. Go listen to that beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad