Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
The new song is the definition of a get up and move song. Just not if you’re over 40

I like the song fine but it just doesn't work that well as a goal song.

There is literally a EDM remix of a hip hop song called Get Up. I think it is closer to the definition of a get up and dance song

You can find a good spot to play in plenty of places

0:39

1:27

2:04

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why doesn’t every player just have their own custom goal song like a walk up soundtrack?
Walk up song you know who's walking up, you don't know who is going to score.

IMO, song is for the team scoring, not the individual scoring.

Reactions: Menzinger

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
i just hope those who wanted a new goal song are happy with the change in goal songs.

most people I know and talk to really don't think much of a goal song----so the change isn't a big deal.

but I know there were a lot of youthful fans who absolutely wanted (needed) a change. Hopefully it's a good one.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

There is literally a EDM remix of a hip hop song called Get Up. I think it is closer to the definition of a get up and dance song

Nobody is picking your obscure random DJ as the largest team in the sports goal song

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is very old school, but it has(had) a local flavor, and kind of of fits the bill as an exuberant, celebratory thing. Started it at 0:38, when the chorus kicks in.

Reactions: rumman
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Yeah 0:39 would be a solid goal song. Leafs used something similar back in 2013-2014 with Steve Aoki - Turbulence, but I think a few other teams were using it as well

Reactions: tmlms13

Spargon

May 31, 2019

Now this is a jam I can get behind, best suggestion in this thread

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Now this is a jam I can get behind, best suggestion in this thread

Edm can be a good goal song. Even with pursuit of happiness. They just screwed up where they hit play.

DJ make their music by building up with lyrics and the chorus and then dropping the beat after that. Leafs are doing it in reverse it just doesn't work. It's like

Goals Horn -> beat drop -> chorus

Doesn't make sense....Not to mention the pro-drunk driving reference, is sketchy

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Don’t like the old goal song. Don’t like the new goal song either. Didn’t really complain before and I won’t really complain now. It’s a goal song, I don’t get why people care so much

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Don’t like the old goal song. Don’t like the new goal song either. Didn’t really complain before and I won’t really complain now. It’s a goal song, I don’t get why people care so much
I assume it’s to give the fans a chance to sing along and chant in unison. I would have gone with old faithful “Everybody Clap Your Hands”…..that one gets the crowd rocking.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I assume it’s to give the fans a chance to sing along and chant in unison. I would have gone with old faithful “Everybody Clap Your Hands”…..that one gets the crowd rocking.
They play that during a commercial break. You hear pretty much the same songs every night.

You expect Toronto fans to do anything but check their cell phones and eat sushi?
You can’t go to any event in any city and not find people spending more time looking on their phones. Venture out once in a while.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They play that during a commercial break. You hear pretty much the same songs every night.

You can’t go to any event in any city and not find people spending more time looking on their phones. Venture out once in a while.
I love how some fans slap their leg and not even clap.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
You can venture out to youtube and look up season opener introductions across every single NHL team in the league. Toronto's was the only one where people were not on their feet cheering, you could hear a f***ing pin drop in there.

Simply embarrassing

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You can venture out to youtube and look up season opener introductions across every single NHL team in the league. Toronto's was the only one where people were not on their feet cheering, you could hear a f***ing pin drop in there.

Simply embarrassing
I get the sense a lot of Leaf’s fans are not optimistic about the season. Some are waiting for the the trade deadline, some the playoffs, and some feel like their wadding in quicksand.

Reactions: Larcos_Unal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad