Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Why do you need a single song to play after the team scores? Leafs score -> Leaf fans happy .....just play something upbeat

What exactly is the song's purpose other than to cause a thread here every year for folks to complain about it?
For the record I have never complained about a goal song before.. it’s just this one.

newfdizzle

Feb 16, 2012
change the damn song. my wife heard it during preseason the other night and said she doesn't want to watch games anymore if they don't change that song. she thinks all the other rinks have better goal songs and oftentimes, total atmosphere. I basically agree and am ready to get this song outta here. Honestly, one year was more than enough, 6 years is torture. Lets move on. It's not a tradition by any means.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Im fine if they want to switch, but i did like how unique Hall & Oates was. Id rather not move from that to some of the awful suggestions ive read like Nickelback or WWE songs.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
TFW you realize the probable truth that the people in the media lobbying to change it hate hearing our goal song because they associate it with the Leafs scoring. Keep it and embrace it.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
It's pretty f***ing cringe to be honest, but they're all in on it being a meme. They're gonna cram it down your throat and are actually hoping that you bitch about it and get it trending on twitter.

They're gonna keep H&O until Shanny gets fired and it's updated as part of the house cleaning activities. Just learn to live with it.

balls.gif

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If the Leafs had a great recent history with this song I'd have no problem with it, but the song has just been one of a number of symbols of failure the past few years so it's time for it to go.

I suggest Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson, the first 30-45 seconds (which is all they really play anyway) always had a way of pumping me up.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Change it please. The last two seasons I've jumped up when the leafs score, but celebration gets muzzled by this relaxing goal song currently in place.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
It's pretty f***ing cringe to be honest, but they're all in on it being a meme. They're gonna cram it down your throat and are actually hoping that you bitch about it and get it trending on twitter.

They're gonna keep H&O until Shanny gets fired and it's updated as part of the house cleaning activities. Just learn to live with it.

View attachment 746961
That image really does sum up a lot of...life tbh

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why do you need a single song to play after the team scores? Leafs score -> Leaf fans happy .....just play something upbeat

What exactly is the song's purpose other than to cause a thread here every year for folks to complain about it?
you sound like one of them stiff Suits "turn off that racket, I'm trying to make a deal, Nice goal Matthews but turn off that music unless its Billy Joel"

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
you sound like one of them stiff Suits "turn off that racket, I'm trying to make a deal, Nice goal Matthews but turn off that music unless its Billy Joel"
Really? That's what you got from "why do you need a single song" and "just play something upbeat"?

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
get rid of it. Was the 2nd worst goal song in the league for a while, but not that Buf got rid of that awful DJ Cool song, its now the worst.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Who decides to pick the goal song? Also they should have a specific goal song for every player that scored like a batter entrance on baseball.

Reactions: Rude Dog

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So what is that goal song exactly? I have never heard that in my life... completely unrecognizable to me.

Edit: Elliot says The Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad