Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Need to appease the hockey gods.
The hit song on May 2 1967
Will also torture the opposition more than H&O

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Sorry if I've put this forward before but it satisfies almost all the suggested criteria:
1) It's upbeat and in your face. Big finger to the opposition everytime they'd hear it.
2) It's got a HUGE vocal hook that the entire crowd can recite in unison.
3) It's (relatively) recent
4) The band is local(ish. Hamilton). Which probably means if we get to the finals (sorry...WHEN)...we can actually get them to play it live...and how cool would that be?

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Even Matthews commented on it and I think he was a little serious. It's cringe. Change it and stop pretending like it's not corny. Anything else would be better. Even some of the garbage posted in this thread 😝
I'm not saying I like the goal song because I don't, but Auston Matthews is one of the last people on the planet I'd ever ask for musical advice.

Reactions: Notsince67

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I would love for their in game show to improve. Road rinks put on such a good show because they have to. They are competing for entertainment dollars, where as here, its the Leafs.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The whole idea of having a goal song is a little silly. What's even worse is complaining about a goal song.

Yes yes, I know and I don’t disagree. We still haven’t had a preseason game here, it’s a good enough topic. Do the fog horn, that’s fine too.

Lets just say it's time for a change.

Right? Ok fine, it’s been fun, it even kinda grew on me, but it’s time.

Not sure if it’s true but I heard that they are changing it for this year. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Cool.

I don’t actually have any suggestions here, I’m a middle aged die-hard white male fan, they don’t need to appeal to me with a goal song. Leave it to me and you just get Zepplin, GNR, Metallica and Nirvana all game on random. Whatever. Just something a little less fluffy. Hell play some NWA song.

Or the steal the Whalers tune:

Actually that’s my answer, do the Whalers goal song, 100%. Come on Shanny, right to your NHL roots, pull some weight.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes yes, I know and I don’t disagree. We still haven’t had a preseason game here, it’s a good enough topic. Do the fog horn, that’s fine too.

Right? Ok fine, it’s been fun, it even kinda grew on me, but it’s time.

Cool.

I don’t actually have any suggestions here, I’m a middle aged die-hard white male fan, they don’t need to appeal to me with a goal song. Leave it to me and you just get Zepplin, GNR, Metallica and Nirvana all game on random. Whatever. Just something a little less fluffy. Hell play some NWA song.

Or the steal the Whalers tune:

Actually that’s my answer, do the Whalers goal song, 100%. Come on Shanny, right to your NHL roots, pull some weight.

Perhaps you’re not their target? My daughters, now 19&16, have always loved it and the women in the crowd do seem to enjoy it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad