Leafs Goal Song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafs Goal Song

• Keep It (Hall and Oates)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Change it to something up tempo

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Change it to something similar to Hall and Oates in tempo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 34 20.0%

• Total voters

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Changing goal songs just helps keep things fresh.
Unless it's an iconic song, like what they use in Boston or Chicago or Montreal, I don't think there's any reason to keep a song as long as the Leafs have.
When they started Hall & Oates, it was fun & felt like a bit of the team's personality was baked into the song choice.
Now, much like the team, things have become a little stale.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
I just it was funny calling them snowflakes while freaking out about the idea of changing the shitty goal song with little "tradition" of importance attached to it.
Not really freaking out about the idea of changing the goal song, that's a bit of a gross exaggeration considering what was actually said. I'm not a fan of the players wanting it changed. It's not something they should be giving a shit about and is just another example of the coddling expected by these alleged professionals. It doesn't need to be changed to suit their tastes. While the current song may not have a lot of tradition yet, that's on the players isn't it? Play that song after a series clinching goal in the playoffs a few times and I assure you it will be tradition ever more, as crummy a song as it is.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Changing goal songs just helps keep things fresh.
Unless it's an iconic song, like what they use in Boston or Chicago or Montreal, I don't think there's any reason to keep a song as long as the Leafs have.
When they started Hall & Oates, it was fun & felt like a bit of the team's personality was baked into the song choice.
Now, much like the team, things have become a little stale.
The reasons those songs are iconic is because those teams don't change them every once in a while to help keep things fresh. They stuck with them, and actually had meaningful goals celebrated with them. If we ever score a meaningful goal Hall and Oats will be just as iconic.

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The reasons those songs are iconic is because those teams don't change them every once in a while to help keep things fresh. They stuck with them, and actually had meaningful goals celebrated with them. If we ever score a meaningful goal Hall and Oats will be just as iconic.
Disagree. Hall & Oates would ruin a massive playoff moment, not immortalize it.

Reactions: The Iceman

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
This whole goal song thing is getting rather cumbersome. Leafs need to do something a little more innovative and in the now. I'd like to see a guy on a Kimball organ; and a guy/gal on bongos, mic'd through a space chorus, doing some kind of improvisation music after each goal. Just a thought.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
This whole goal song thing is getting rather cumbersome. Leafs need to do something a little more innovative and in the now. I'd like to see a guy on a Kimball organ; and a guy/gal on bongos, mic'd through a space chorus, doing some kind of improvisation music after each goal. Just a thought.

I've commented on this elsewhere, but this applies to the full in-game experience in the arena and not just the goal song.

It's obviously not something that makes or breaks my enjoyment of a game, but I didn't like the song when it was introduced and I don't like it any more today. I don't think the song should stay just because it's a "tradition" - it hasn't been around long enough to be that anyways.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
I've been to a quite a few different arenas around the NHL over the past 7 years or so. Vegas is by far the best atmosphere, Madison Square Garden is a close 2nd, the history of the building goes a long way. Staples Centre in LA was fun.

The leafs and SBA is by far one of the worst in arena experiences. It feels like family hour in there. Boring, outdated, and obnoxious at this point. I used to enjoy it, until I started attending leaf games at other arenas. Everything needs a revamp. The teams entrance, PA announcer, music, goal song. Its bland and corporate.

It really is too bad Maple Leaf Gardens couldn't have been renovated.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I've been to a quite a few different arenas around the NHL over the past 7 years or so. Vegas is by far the best atmosphere, Madison Square Garden is a close 2nd, the history of the building goes a long way. Staples Centre in LA was fun.

The leafs and SBA is by far one of the worst in arena experiences. It feels like family hour in there. Boring, outdated, and obnoxious at this point. I used to enjoy it, until I started attending leaf games at other arenas. Everything needs a revamp. The teams entrance, PA announcer, music, goal song. Its bland and corporate.

Truer words...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It will always be better on the road, the people attending are either on vacation or making a special trip to see their team.
To expect that at SBA isn't realistic.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I've been suggesting Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" for 5 years now as our goal song. Imagine the entire arena standing, hand over heart, singing all 7 minutes of it.

Jokes aside, we lost Gordon today and I just wanted to shout him out. Legend.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
I've been suggesting Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" for 5 years now as our goal song. Imagine the entire arena standing, hand over heart, singing all 7 minutes of it.

Jokes aside, we lost Gordon today and I just wanted to shout him out. Legend.

I quoted this song last year as things fell apart. "Fellas, it's been good to know ya."

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
LONG time fan.
The last extended playoff success the Leafs had Marilyn Manson ripping through MLG for Dougie and the Boys Tough cool song.

Hall and Oates tune is very soft, not what this team needs to be associated with. Way ran its course and now annoys.

If you want trendy grab a BIEBS tune, I would be fine with that.

Narco the trumpet song that Mets closer used to enter the game to gives goosebumps.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
There is only one song that should be played ...

They should let each player pick their goal song, similar to Baseball , they have a walk up song for each player.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don't think anyone in the building cares about the song, it's just background noise.
People are too busy cheering and celebrating.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I was listening all day in between meetings. A legend.

Sometimes I think it's a shame

When I get feeling better, when I'm feeling no pain

Sundown, you better take care

If I find you been creeping 'round my back stairs

Song about his longtime GF cheating on him...

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I don't think anyone in the building cares about the song, it's just background noise.
People are too busy cheering and celebrating.
But it would be fun to get one that the whole crowd goes with right? The Chelsea Dagger Chi song right, the whole crowd just going with it, middle of the playoffs, bonker atmosphere.

But yes, like I said I know it’s not a big deal, but I am sick of it. Eventually it changes, nothing lasts forever, just hoping this year is it for this one.

Reactions: The Iceman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
But it would be fun to get one that the whole crowd goes with right? The Chelsea Dagger Chi song right, the whole crowd just going with it, middle of the playoffs, bonker atmosphere.

But yes, like I said I know it’s not a big deal, but I am sick of it. Eventually it changes, nothing lasts forever, just hoping this year is it for this one.
The whole crowd goes with the current song. I think it's more those watching on tv that have an issue with it. Those in the building IMO, don't care what song if any is played.
Playoffs that atmosphere is crazy anyway, you can't hear the song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad