Proposal: Leafs - Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Hockey*

There will be no Matthews (franchise C) for Johnny (1st line winger) offers from the Leafs :laugh:

Cotton

May 13, 2013
There will be no Matthews (franchise C) for Johnny (1st line winger) offers from the Leafs :laugh:

StevieY offered Stamkos straight up for the Eichel pick. Matthews is widely considered to be as good as Eichel (some think he's better, some think he's worse, it's close regardless). Depends if you see JG as better than Stammer, but it's at least close to a real world offer that was turned down.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
StevieY offered Stamkos straight up for the Eichel pick. Matthews is widely considered to be as good as Eichel (some think he's better, some think he's worse, it's close regardless). Depends if you see JG as better than Stammer, but it's at least close to a real world offer that was turned down.

Any proof of this Stamkos offer? Whats your source?

Only player from CGY going to TO for Marner is Bennett. Fairest value to be had. Gaudreau isnt going anywhere. Signs 7X7 after the WCOH. Monahan signs 6x7

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Only player from CGY going to TO for Marner is Bennett. Fairest value to be had. Gaudreau isnt going anywhere. Signs 7X7 after the WCOH. Monahan signs 6x7

Isn't Bennet a center? Toronto need Marner way more than they would need Bennet with their center depth and lack of elite winger prospects. Regardless of the fact I prefer Marner in general, saw Bennet in person in his last year for the Frontenac and he didn't wow me the same way as when I watch Marner. Personal opinions.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Leaf fans....

How often is a 22 year old 80 point forward traded? If ever he were traded I would want Marner, Nylander, a first round pick without protection and maybe more. The fact of the manner is you don't trade 22 year old PPG players for 20 year old prospects. Yes Nylander has played some NHL games but he will never be the player Gaudreau is today, i would be more than willing to bet on it also. Marner is forsure a nice piece but he is also no where near Gaudreau's level of talent, nor will he ever be.. He he was close he would already be in the NHL putting up points it's a simple fact.

There is nothing on your roster I trade Gaudteau for today. Nothing makes sense, yes Mathews may be close on value but we are already stacked at center and don't really need him, we need more Gaudreaus!

Sorry no deal to be found here

Yeah putting up points in the NHL like Gaudreau in his draft+1? Or wait was it his draft+2 that he was doing it? Draft+3? Nope...simple fact.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Basically two blue chip prospects, Bozak (good 2C), and JVR (1 LW) for Gaudreau and a bunch of cap dumps. How would this possible make us a better team?

Bozak is not a 2nd line centre, much less a "good" one. JVR might be a 1st liner but he's not an impact forward. If he's the best player on the line he's a 2nd liner.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fans....

How often is a 22 year old 80 point forward traded? If ever he were traded I would want Marner, Nylander, a first round pick without protection and maybe more. The fact of the manner is you don't trade 22 year old PPG players for 20 year old prospects. Yes Nylander has played some NHL games but he will never be the player Gaudreau is today, i would be more than willing to bet on it also. Marner is forsure a nice piece but he is also no where near Gaudreau's level of talent, nor will he ever be.. He he was close he would already be in the NHL putting up points it's a simple fact.

There is nothing on your roster I trade Gaudteau for today. Nothing makes sense, yes Mathews may be close on value but we are already stacked at center and don't really need him, we need more Gaudreaus!

Sorry no deal to be found here

I don't understand.

Gaudreau didn't play in the NHL until he was 20 years old.

Marner is only 19, but he will never be as good as Gaudreau because he isn't already in the NHL?

What kind of biased, anti-Leaf logic is this?

Mr Hockey*

I truly believe most are coming in here are thinking that Marner will get the Leafs Gaudreau + Bennett :laugh:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Bozak is not a 2nd line centre, much less a "good" one. JVR might be a 1st liner but he's not an impact forward. If he's the best player on the line he's a 2nd liner.

Over the past the seasons he is 80th among forwards for points and 39th for goals, while missing half a season or he would surely be higher. How is he not an impact forward / a second liner?

I truly believe most are coming in here are thinking that Marner will get the Leafs Gaudreau + Bennett :laugh:

Please show me one person who said that, or anything resembling that?

This thread is a bunch of Leaf fans who said they don't want to pay the price for Gaudreau and Flames fans who want all of prospects for him.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
if Johnny was traded , Leafs are one of the 6 teams it wouldn't be to ......
Leafs would have to add to this proposal , but neither team would do it

like to revisit this proposal in 4-5 years , see how both players progress

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Google.

I wouldn't expect JG to be traded either, I was just addressing that proposal and how it could be considered realistic-ish but wouldn't be accepted by Toronto.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Then you cannot read.:shakehead

We know Johnny has more value and we would have to add to Marner in a trade that would never happen and makes no sense for either team. Those saying Marner could never be as good are of course hoping he never is and have nothing to base that on but bias. Marner is a top prospect with a high ceiling, he could very well one day be Johnny's equal just as the other key guys are hitting stride, or he may not. No one knows.

Mr Hockey*

Then you cannot read.:shakehead

We know Johnny has more value and we would have to add to Marner in a trade that would never happen and makes no sense for either team. Those saying Marner could never be as good are of course hoping he never is and have nothing to base that on but bias. Marner is a top prospect with a high ceiling, he could very well one day be Johnny's equal just as the other key guys are hitting stride, or he may not. No one knows.

why does this trade makes no sense for Toronto?

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Over the past the seasons he is 80th among forwards for points and 39th for goals, while missing half a season or he would surely be higher. How is he not an impact forward / a second liner?

If you're speaking about Van Riemsdyk, he is averaging 1.58 points per 60 minutes ranking over the last two seasons ranking him 138th for players playing 1500 minutes or more. That puts him in 2nd line player rankings.

Bozak is ranked 187th putting him near the top for 3rd liners :)

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The plus would be too significant to make sense for the Leafs at this point.

Yeah, the thread should've ended here. Leafs are at the start of the rebuild, they aren't in the market paying a high price for a 1st line forward.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If you're speaking about Van Riemsdyk, he is averaging 1.58 points per 60 minutes ranking over the last two seasons ranking him 138th for players playing 1500 minutes or more. That puts him in 2nd line player rankings.

Bozak is ranked 187th putting him near the top for 3rd liners :)

Well I don't know what cherry picked numbers these are but looking at last seasons P/60 JVR was 51st in the league.

He even beat out second line center Sean Monahan, because apparently P/60 is now how you determine player line roles.

Also, Brandon Saad apparently topped Johnny hockey for P/60 because Saad >>>>>> Gaurdreau. I like this game :sarcasm:

Connor

Aug 17, 2015

Yanda

Apr 9, 2014
It would have to be Mattews+

if not then there is no need for a discussion. This is worse than the Brodie to Montreal trade earlier this week.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
"Google" is no kind of proof man, a link is semi proof, if you do not have that much it is a meaningless statement since few of us have ever heard that rumour and most of us watch these things pretty close.

Seek out your proof through Google, I'm limited on an IPod for dropping links and this was covered enough (on this site as well) that I'm not worried about proving anything. Either take the 5 seconds and google that this was in fact a thing or **** about being on the ball with info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad