GDT: Leafs Devils II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri really did **** up on the PP. Takes a shot with almost 0% chance of going in and it slides to our end, then boards someone right at the end.

Thank you. Let's just call it like it is. Rielly messed up on the first 2 goals, he's a favourite of mine. I said it at the time. People are so darn defensive of Kadri here, as it's blasamy to say he errored.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I called out Rielly, JVR and Kessel this game too, no one complains about that?

Really, people need to stop being so defensive about Kadri, he made a series of 2 stupid plays that if the Devils score may cost us a playoff spot.

Call it like you see it.

I wasn't replying to you. And you like to pick on kadri the most. Always mentioning him. Always. Sometimes, he's not the issue.

You don't nearly "call it like you see it" with other players as much as you do with kadri. Don't even try to deny that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Let's take a minute to reflect on the new and innovative ways this team learns to choke every year:

11/12 - Original 18 wheeler season. 99% chance of making the playoffs at All-star break. Lose 11 of 12 games.
12/13 - Game 7. 'Nuff said.
13/14 - An even bigger 18 wheeler season, 2nd in the division post-Olympics.

Leafs gonna Leafs.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Fact is a goalie needs to stop the hard shots too, Reimer hasn't done in in months. He's had a few good games, but way too many bad ones.

Leafs always have 2 on 1s, maybe a breakaway or two a game, and they are never guaranteed goals. The game vs WSH, or maybe it was DET? we had so many high quality scoring chances and the goalie just bails his team out, its not happening with Reimer in net.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
I would've still kept Franson on that 5 on 3. He has the best shot from back there. Definitely not Phaneuf though, he's missed the net way too much this past week. Woulda went with Gardiner

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, at least The Walking Dead is on at 9, don't need to watch this :laugh:

Pretty ridiculous that Reimer continues to bury us.

Yes the first goal was a 2 on 1, but that puck was still stoppable and should have been stopped. Just because it was a 2 on 1 doesn't excuse that.

Third goal.... It's just another one of those back breaker goals, let in by a bad goalie.

For 3 games I have been saying to start MacIntyre, and people were yelling at me that Reimer deserves a chance to bounce back because "look what he did last year". I don't give a **** about last year.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
feel really bad for Reimer after his fake laugh on the bench.

we've all been there, lets just give him a break...

Yes he's been horrible, yes he ruin our playoff chances...but the defense/coach/gm is ****ing garbage.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Anyone got that picture of the Reimer 18 wheeler and Clarkson flying some jet throwing money out??? Please and thank you :)

1395244646044.jpg

Is a flying car

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Let's take a minute to reflect on the new and innovative ways this team learns to choke every year:

11/12 - Original 18 wheeler season. 99% chance of making the playoffs at All-star break. Lose 11 of 12 games.

Also, lets not forget the nearly-decade long playoff drought leading up to these disastrous choke-jobs.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Coach is a dumbass.

Gardiner and Rielly are a million times better than braindead Phaneuf and Franson.

I swear to God Carlyle only looks at stats for the PP and not the actual play on the ice. "Oh we're top 10 in PP efficiency, Phaneuf-Franson must be the reason why." :shakehead

But it's his head. He'll be gone at seasons end. Good riddance.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I would've still kept Franson on that 5 on 3. He has the best shot from back there. Definitely not Phaneuf though, he's missed the net way too much this past week. Woulda went with Gardiner

Shooting from the point on 5 on 3 is meaningless...miss and it could easily find it's way on a Devil stick.

We needed to pass the puck down low for JvR or Kessel to score.

Phaneuf and Franson are useless.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Can the Leafs at least have the decency to completely drop out of the wild card race? That season we finished 9th one point out was so depressing. At least drop as far as they can.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
did you guys notice Reimer's smirk after JVR was getting to the bench after he missed top shelf corner? JVR should have pass it to Kessel for tap in....

Instead of just shooting, guys are trying to make nice plays... aka Raymond :-(.... JVR was double shifted with MAC and Bodie and that line was totally lifeless....

Clarkson should be healthy scratch next game, bring up Ashton... He just makes everyone looks like **** on his line...

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
He shouldn't be laughing at all. He single-handedly destroyed a team's playoffs chances. He will need to find a new career, because no one will ever pay him a penny to play hockey.

In fact, I can see people paying him to never play hockey again.

Yeah it had nothing to do with atrocious defense or giveaways.
Let's be clear, Reimer's been far, FAR, from himself, but he's hardly the sole blame for what's going on lately.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
JVR has been a big disappointment in this game. He's been awful. I'm trying to think back to when a poster said he was our most consistent forward. Obviously that remark must have been a joke.

e84*

Reimer will come back, he will regain his confidence, and he will regain his NHL composure.

It just won't be in Toronto. Bye James :(

his game just has too many holes in his game... he should be thankful that he's gotten this far just on his will and determination. I will give him that.

King of Arcadia

Feb 11, 2010
Bet burke is laughing......especially thinking about when nonis first opened the desk drawer he farted in for the first time.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wasn't replying to you. And you like to pick on kadri the most. Always mentioning him. Always. Sometimes, he's not the issue.

You don't nearly "call it like you see it" with other players as much as you do with kadri. Don't even try to deny that.

Missed my posts on Clarkson of late? For the first time this season Kessel and JVR the past few games. I wish people would concentrate less on me and pay more attention to the game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I swear to God Carlyle only looks at stats for the PP and not the actual play on the ice. "Oh we're top 10 in PP efficiency, Phaneuf-Franson must be the reason why." :shakehead

But it's his head. He'll be gone at seasons end. Good riddance.

We're the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Why make obvious decisions?

Nonis likes Carlyle and his coaching methods despite the fact that his teams get outplayed and out chanced on a nightly basis.

His excuse: Young team.

The young guys on this team look like veterans at times and Phaneuf, Franson etc look like pylons so that excuse isn't valid...but it will work.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Did that kill kill kill kill chant during the Devils PK piss anyone else off. It's like all I could think about were our playoff hopes

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

Its so sad. This season reminds me a lot of 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad