GDT: Leafs Devils II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
5 on 3 PP and you can't get a goal at this point in the game .. Team is cracking under the pressure - too many fancy passes and poor shot choices

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I just see him yelling at teammates and not holding himself accountable.

If he really cared he'd be battling in corners and paying the price to get the Leafs to win.

Still the same ol' perimeter game and avoidance of the dirty areas.

This is nonsense.

That's not the kind of player he is and that's not how you measure whether he cares or not.

He's one of the very best players in the entire league at what he *does* do so it's unfair - and a little silly - to criticize him for what he doesn't.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

If he really cared he'd be battling in corners and paying the price to get the Leafs to win.

I get the emotion and passion factor but him yelling at his teammates doesn't help. He's looked just as bad.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Signing Clarkson.
Trying to trade for Vanek when our defense sucks.
Saying that he doesn't mind being outshot and thinks Carlyle is doing a good job (TSN radio interview about 15 days before deadline).

Nonis has no clue.

2 man advantage. tralalala.

the Clarkson thing - I don't think that was such a bad idea at the time - i don't think anyone would have thought that it would be that big of a blow up.

My Belief is that Reimer was part of the Vanek deal. [because it was significantly better], maybe with another piece, but remember that NYI didn't want to retain any bit of salary.

and a big really? on the outshot thing.

but Nonis flat out said he wasn't going to do anything at deadline day because it would cost us too much. so -again, I'm willing to give it one more summer, and see how it works out.

I wouldn't be upset if Nonis got fired [because he's the only one who survived the MLSE firings], but I don't think using Clarkson's bad year and his refusal to sacrifice Morgan and Jake as the criteria to fire him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
5 on 3 PP and you can't get a goal at this point in the game .. Team is cracking under the pressure - too many fancy passes and poor shot choices

I'll never understand why they absolutely refuse to use one-timers, especially on a 5 on 3.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Cant believe we blew that 5 on 3

Can't believe we didn't even attempt to get the puck down low. Idiots just passed it from point to point...we did a great job of killing the 5 on 3 for them...

Most successful 5 on 3's work by passing the puck cross seam and scoring on an empty net...our team just killed it off themselves.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
And now the feed I am watching showed that ******* stupid ****ing Kia commercial. **** my life, just screw it, screw everything, the whole ****ing world is mocking me now :banghead:

Kyle Doobas*

I know it's not even a full period with him in nets yet but is Mac a viable backup for next year? We all know Reimer ain't coming back.
I'd take a run at Clemmensen if he's available, but there's not much available outside of him as far as backup goalies, so Mac might be our only chance beyond a trade.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
:facepalm:

Omg he took a penalty.yes it was bad, but he drew a penalty before and his line is the only one generating some chances.

He's the last one to rag on.

I called out Rielly, JVR and Kessel this game too, no one complains about that?

Really, people need to stop being so defensive about Kadri, he made a series of 2 stupid plays that if the Devils score may cost us a playoff spot.

Call it like you see it.

This Is The YEAR

Apr 16, 2013
Carlyle was gutless when he chose Reimer to start. He was the safe choice and was taking a big chance with Reimer's confidence. We can see now that was the wrong choice. Thanks Randy, another smart decision.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Let's take a minute to reflect on the new and innovative ways this team learns to choke every year:

11/12 - Original 18 wheeler season. 99% chance of making the playoffs at All-star break. Lose 11 of 12 games.
12/13 - Game 7. 'Nuff said.
13/14 - An even bigger 18 wheeler season, 2nd in the division post-Olympics.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Kessel is a top 3 RW in the NHL. His game is fine. It would be great if JVR would pass to him when he gets open.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
When your team is playing like **** you need someone with a Michael Jordan attitude to tell you stop screwing up. I have no qualms with Kessel, he is the bet player on the team he can show his frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad