Proposal: Leafs /coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
To Toronto — Phil kessel 50% retained 3.4mil
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

to yotes — package A justin holl. 2mil
Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Or package B. Nick Ritchie 2.5
Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

third team involved to reduce both kessel and chychrun cap hits kessel by 50% dropping his salary to 1.7mil. And reduce chychrun by 1.8mil

To that team 3rd in 2023 &2nd round pick in 2024 and a (B-) level prospect.
So in package A salary out 4.5mil and salary in is 4.5mil
In package B salary out is 5.25 mil salary in is 4.5mil.

not saying this is something dubas would do but I do think it would be a basis of a deal that could work. Just curious what people think. And don’t get into the mud slinging BS. Constructive ideas and opinions are great love to hear them
OP: No mud slinging!!!

throws the biggest dirt clod meatball of all time.

Reactions: Nowotny

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yet these threads are always started by Leafs fans… coincidence?
The last thing Toronto needs is a Lhd no matter how good he is. These threads are started cause he's a really good player and others would like to see said player on their team. Toronto would love to have Chychurn, but fit and cost make no sense.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not a single piece in that offer that wows me. A bunch of stuff.

Toronto is a poor fit IMO. No bonafide top prospects. Your 1st rounders will be late. You did not include your best young player (Sandin).

You really think this is the basis for a deal?

Amirov is a great prospect... Amirov > Sandin

So many people in this thread have no clue about prospects.

Reactions: Kelly

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Kessel can be retained again. A player can be retained twice. But i agree not even close to beimg enough offered
You're right, he can, for some reason I was thinking he had both Kessel and Chychrun retained by the Coyotes and then a 3rd retention from another team. Don't high and trade rumors or you'll look like an idiot, I can verify lol.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
You're right, he can, for some reason I was thinking he had both Kessel and Chychrun retained by the Coyotes and then a 3rd retention from another team. Don't high and trade rumors or you'll look like an idiot, I can verify lol.
Dont worry man majority of the time we all make ourselves look like an idiot one time or another. Can verify ive done it plenty

Reactions: YotesFan47

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I think you’ll find the market for Forsberg will include teams that intend to resign him and they’ll beat a TML easily if all TML offer is their first or someone like Robertson.

Anyway right now its a waste of time, nashville is in good position for playoff. So if it continu that way, forsberg will stay with preds.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Not knocking he is a good prospect. I am still not wowed by him, especially as the main asset in the deal. I mentioned Sandin as a Chychrun replacement (cant see the Coyotes trading him and not getting a young NHL ready Dman in return).

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
The value is obviously not there, but it's embarrassing watching people call Amirov a mediocre prospect. You literally know nothing about the player but it fits your narrative so:banghead:

LOL. Jesus.

He's certainly an "alright" prospect but there are 25-30 out there that are better than him. He's not that special.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
How is it a trolling thread I believe the leafs are giving up value to get value and to give them legit shot at going deep in playoffs
Think of what you'd want for Reilly if he was 23 making 4 mil/year for 3 more years.

It would not be Amirov+1st(or knies+2nd)+a bunch of c(r)ap. Also in these situations Arizona is retaining a ton of cap which makes it even worse.

Reactions: McJedi

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Amirov is a solid prospect but he's more like a fringe grade A or B+ type at this stage. He's not worth more than Sandin at this point in time though.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
To Edmonton Chychrun . To Arizona 1st + Yamamoto + Barrie/Koskinen for cap reason
Counter:
'22 1st
'23 1st
Broberg/Holloway
Keith/Kassian + Turris

I'd also consider:
'23 1st
Bourgault
Broberg/Holloway
Keith/Kassian + Turris

Yamamoto is not an asset I'm interested in, at all. Broberg/Holloway would be a must if we're moving Chychrun to Edmonton and we'd still need a 1st and another solid asset coming back. Kinda leaves Bourgault or the 1st.

Nucks for the Cup

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
This is all a mute point Kessel can't be traded back to the Leafs. They are still retaining salary from the original deal with Pittsburgh and for reference if anyone remembers when Pittsburgh tried to reaquire Haglien after they retained on him and the NHL shot it down

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Amirov is a solid prospect but he's more like a fringe grade A or B+ type at this stage. He's not worth more than Sandin at this point in time though.
eliteprospects has him as a middle 6 player.. ceiling of a second liner.. agree, he's a good prospect.. not great

that could always change, but that's where folks have him right now

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
eliteprospects has him as a middle 6 player.. ceiling of a second liner.. agree, he's a good prospect.. not great

that could always change, but that's where folks have him right now

Some fans need to understand that guys prior to turning pro are always pumped up in value but the story changes in a lot of cases once they start playing AHL/NHL games. Amirov don't have more value than Sandin prior to turning pro. Reality. He's got solid value yes but saying he is worth more than Sandin is a reach

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
in any Chych deal, Holl, Ritchie, Kessel are just window dressing

to get Chych, Leafs probably need to add more upside-youth to the the key pieces of Amirov (great prospect) and a (likely late) 1st
Lillegrin or Sandin, plus Amirov and that 1st, with some adds on either side, might get serious consideration from AZ

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
To Edmonton Chychrun . To Arizona 1st + Yamamoto + Barrie/Koskinen for cap reason
Brutal.

No interest in Yamamoto. Coyotes dont need more small, inconsistent wingers. Plus, Edmonton shouldn't be trading one of the few top 9 wingers they have.

I get the need for a cap dump but taking 30 year old Barrie (with the same salary as Chychrun) will cost an additional asset.

In any event Broberg is the starting piece. Then add the 2021 first and Lavoie. If you add Barrie as a cap dump I want a 2022 2nd (and would probably add conditions on that so it becomes the 1st if he scores under a certain threshold). Not sold on Lavoie. I would probably ask for Xavier instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad