Proposal: Leafs /coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Because it’s crap for a #1 young, cost controlled d man. You’re giving up nothing of value for that return.
Not to mention we already have plenty of players like Ritchie and Holl and mediocre(at best) prospects like Amirov (who is not even playing for a first team in KHL)

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Not to mention we already have plenty of players like Ritchie and Holl and mediocre(at best) prospects like Amirov (who is not even playing for a first team in KHL)
Wasn't even going to respond to this troll burner account but i'll bite.

Amirov would be a top 3 prospect in your weak pool. He's been injured for 2 months and is playing in Salavat's top 9 right now. Educate yourself.

Coyotes fans are making themselves look like fools the past few weeks.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
ha! I hadn't even noticed that the 1st isn't even in this years draft! lol

so keep the top prospects, defer the draft pick, and offer meh players...

wow.. this gets worse and worse

and good write up btw
Cheers, a little long - but thanks for reading it..

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Amirov would be a top 3 prospect in your weak pool. He's been injured for 2 months and is playing in Salavat's top 9 right now. Educate yourself.

I’m not a Yotes fan, and I’ve watched as much of Amirov as possible. He isn’t a poor player, but he also isn’t a good enough prospect to be the main piece in a Chychrun trade. As you said Amirov would be a top 3 prospect in a weak pool. Chychrun is an elite defence man in the nhl. To defend this proposal in any way makes a fool of the individual doing that. Educate yourself.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I’m not a Yotes fan, and I’ve watched as much of Amirov as possible. He isn’t a poor player, but he also isn’t a good enough prospect to be the main piece in a Chychrun trade. As you said Amirov would be a top 3 prospect in a weak pool. Chychrun is an elite defence man in the nhl. To defend this proposal in any way makes a fool of the individual doing that. Educate yourself.
Where did I defend the proposal? Learn to read.

Canucks fan tunes in to every early morning Salavat KHL game to watch Leaf prospect "as much as possible" - highly likely!

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Canucks fan tunes in to early morning Salavat KHL games to watch Leaf prospect "as much as possible" - highly likely!
I’m a hockey fan, I watch over 250 professional hockey games a year. Thanks for making your opinion known but you are 100% incorrect. I stream any games I can with noted nhl prospects on them. KHL ( you’re right I don’t watch a lot of the V), USHL, SHL, LIGA, the A, NCAA, CHL. I obviously don’t watch every Salavat game but I’d be willing to bet I’ve watched More than 99% of the people on here.

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Don't want Kessel back on the Leafs. Lawson Crouse is my main interest from the Coyotes!

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I’m a hockey fan, I watch over 250 professional hockey games a year. Thanks for making your opinion known but you are 100% incorrect. I stream any games I can with noted nhl prospects on them. KHL ( you’re right I don’t watch a lot of the V), USHL, SHL, LIGA, the A, NCAA, CHL. I obviously don’t watch every Salavat game but I’d be willing to bet I’ve watched More than 99% of the people on here.

Curious how you and others would compare Amirov with winger Ilya Fedotov who the Coyotes drafted last year in the 2nd round. Fedotov's 18YO season looks similar to Amirov's as far as KHL games, MHL ppg rate, physical size, etc.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
To Toronto — Phil kessel 50% retained 3.4mil
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

to yotes — package A justin holl. 2mil
Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Or package B. Nick Ritchie 2.5
Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

third team involved to reduce both kessel and chychrun cap hits kessel by 50% dropping his salary to 1.7mil. And reduce chychrun by 1.8mil

To that team 3rd in 2023 &2nd round pick in 2024 and a (B-) level prospect.
So in package A salary out 4.5mil and salary in is 4.5mil
In package B salary out is 5.25 mil salary in is 4.5mil.

not saying this is something dubas would do but I do think it would be a basis of a deal that could work. Just curious what people think. And don’t get into the mud slinging BS. Constructive ideas and opinions are great love to hear them
You would have to ADD Package A to Package B and include BOTH packages to get Chychrun alone, forget Kessel. That’s right, it would have to be whichever combination of dumps (Holl and/or Ritchie and/or Engvall and/or Dermott) along with the real assets, which are Amirov AND Knies AND the 1st AND the 2nd. And I’d still most likely decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitpik and Nowotny

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Canucks fan tunes in to every early morning Salavat KHL game to watch Leaf prospect "as much as possible" - highly likely!

Amirov has been slowed by a significant shoulder injury this season and missed all but 9 games. So you'd think anyone committed enough enough to watch all 9 of those games overseas games, keying into Amirov's less than 11 minutes of play per game would have the context to reserve judgement on Amirov as a prospect for now.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

third team involved to reduce both kessel and chychrun cap hits kessel by 50% dropping his salary to 1.7mil. And reduce chychrun by 1.8mil

not saying this is something dubas would do but I do think it would be a basis of a deal that could work. Just curious what people think. And don’t get into the mud slinging BS. Constructive ideas and opinions are great love to hear them

Constructive? If you work in construction, I hope you can build a better deal than this. Heinous.

Reactions: Nowotny

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Curious how you and others would compare Amirov with winger Ilya Fedotov who the Coyotes drafted last year in the 2nd round. Fedotov's 18YO season looks similar to Amirov's as far as KHL games, MHL ppg rate, physical size, etc.
I really like Fedotov. From what I’ve seen and read he has very similar offensive instincts to Amirov - good skater, good shot but he seems to have little more physical interest than Amirov. Torpedo isn’t a team I’ve watched much and Fedotov isn’t a prospect I’ve spent a lot of time watching so my opinions are limited. Amirov has been more visible in the Russian National program as well but I could see Fedotov carving out a middle 6 scoring winger role in the nhl if his development continues and improves his defensive game.

Reactions: Nowotny

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
That proposal gets you no where near Chychrun.

Counter proposal would look something like Nylander for Jaskin, Timmins, Fasching, 2nd rounder.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Too funny. It's not Yotes fans doing it now or for years and years

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
So the Leafs get a good Winger and a TOP young D-man on a great deal, for.....

Proposal A.
- Garbage
- Garbage
- Mediocre prospect
- Mediocre late 1st rnd. pick

or

Proposal B.
- Garbage
- Garbage
- Mediocre bottom-pairing d-man
- Mediocre prospect
- Mediocre 2nd rnd. pick

LOL. Um.......yeah.

Cant believe I’m agreeing with you on a post but yeah… pretty much. Just trash.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Amirov has been slowed by a significant shoulder injury this season and missed all but 9 games. So you'd think anyone committed enough enough to watch all 9 of those games overseas games, keying into Amirov's less than 11 minutes of play per game would have the context to reserve judgement on Amirov as a prospect for now.
This also isn’t the only season he’s played..anyone making a judgement on 9 games of any player shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This also isn’t the only season he’s played..anyone making a judgement on 9 games of any player shouldn’t be taken seriously.

From what I understand, Amirov’s received pretty limited ice time in the KHL since his draft, which isn’t atypical of Russian prospects of his age. But he did go through a pandemic season, had a decent showing for Russia at the last WJC and spent some time in Toronto in the spring.

One of the big talking points is if the Leafs can accelerate and improve that path to the NHL is when to bring him over to the AHL for development, and another factor is the big injury he suffered early in the season. Another would be a lack of information from podcast discussions, fanbase discussions, online discussions on his progress since he’s played so little. Which also has some fans a little anxious about him staying in Russia.

So the idea that the book’s out on him via repeat eye test isn’t necessarily going to cut the mustard as hot information if the angle is “I watch this guy a lot and he sucks.”

Whether Arizona wants him, who knows? But I think Toronto wouldn’t be the team to put together a package for Chychrun anyway.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

This is truly awful for Phoenix. Start this deal with Nylander as your base and keep adding.

Reactions: Guitpik and Nowotny

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

If you put all the pieces Toronto is giving up together in both deals it probably wouldnt get you Chychrun..

Reactions: Guitpik and McJedi

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

You could take Chychrun out of the deal and it would be less lopsided than what you proposed..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad