Proposal: Leafs /coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
dude thats almost 4 1st's in value
Sandin is worth a 1st
Muzzin-1st
2022 1st
Amirov/Robertson-1st

that is nuts for Chychurn
It’s not enough. Very easy to decline.

EDIT: sorry, missed that Muzzin was included. That doesn’t make sense. Arizona doesn’t want a veteran in return that has actual value. The dump(s) should be along the lines of Nick Ritchie.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You missed my edit. It’s just not a sensible proposal for Arizona. 100% of the value needs to be pure futures or it doesn’t makes sense.
Your not gonna get 100% futures. Sandin is a future by the way and has a shot on his own to be a number 1 d in a couple years. Leafs shouldn't do it either, we have a need for a top 4 rhd or top 6 winger.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
To be honest - and not a Leafs fan here at all - but Sandin is a better blueline asset than I've seen offered in most of these threads. He's been extremely effective with third pairing minutes as a rookie and has shown a really promising combination of intelligence and puck moving ability and although he's not big, he plays a pretty robust game for his size. His analytics are pretty much through the roof and he's been effective with different partners.

Now - to temper all of this - it is important to keep in mind that doing well analytically as a 15-16 minute per night third pairing defender who gets some PP time is a lot different than doing it while being asked to be a 22+ minute per night top level guy (let alone a physical beast like Chychrun who can absorb 25-26 minutes in all situations). Travis Dermott a few years back put up outstanding analytics as a low-minute third pair options and Leafs fans were going a bit nuts with what he could be. The cautionary tale here is you can't simply take limited minute results from a young player and project them to increased roles and guarantee the same success.

So Sandin still has a ton to prove and the jury is out on ultimately what he will be. But I will say - on a team with no shortage of publicity - he is one of the few Leafs players who probably needs more league-wide buzz for his play this season as one of the most effective young defenders in the league. He "looks" the part of a guy who - while he's never going to be the physical specimen or potential #1 that Chychrun is/can be - nonetheless looks like a potential top pairing guy.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Your not gonna get 100% futures. Sandin is a future by the way and has a shot on his own to be a number 1 d in a couple years. Leafs shouldn't do it either, we have a need for a top 4 rhd or top 6 winger.
Arizona would absolutely, 100% get all futures for the VALUE of the package. Of course they’ll take roster dumps. Those are valueless. They will get FOUR very valuable futures assets for Chychrun or they won’t trade him.

STL for Scandella(dump), Neighbors, Kostin, Perunovich and a 1st.

LAK for Maatta(dump), Turcotte, Bjornfot, Grans and a 1st.

NYR for Nemeth(dump), Schneider, Kravtsov, Robertson and a 1st.

These are the types of packages it would take. Arizona has no reason to trade him otherwise. He’s an elite young defenseman on a fantastic contract. These types are NEVER traded for a reason.

Last edited:

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Arizona would absolutely, 100% get all futures for the VALUE of the package. Of course they’ll take roster dumps. Those are valueless. They will get FOUR very valuable futures assets for Chychrun or they won’t trade him.

LAK for Maatta(dump), Turcotte, Bjornfot, Grand and a 1st.

These are the types of packages it would take. Arizona has no reason to trade him otherwise. He’s an elite young defenseman on a fantastic contract. These types are NEVER traded for a reason.
honestly asking.. what makes him 'elite'?

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

LAK for Maatta(dump), Turcotte, Bjornfot, Grand and a 1st.

I understand you are a fan but these seem a lil extreme. Even Seth Jones didn't get that much

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
“Even” Seth Jones? Lol. Chychrun is worth much, much more. That comment tells me all I need to know, man. Have a great year.
certainly not at the time of the trade
we obviously have a huge disconnect, I see Chychurn as a middle of the pack top 2 D and you see him as a top 5 D in the NHL

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I remember when OEL was worth Matthews + a first round pick to HF boards.
I’m guilty there. Matthews was 18 and in Switzerland and I thought he was a Jack
Hughes level prospect. I was way wrong. OEL was putting up 20+ goals and finishing top 7 in Norris voting. Matthews turned out to be MUCH better than I thought he would and OEL a absolutely fell off a cliff when Tippett left.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I’m guilty there. Matthews was 18 and I’m Switzerland and I thought he was a Jack
Hughes level prospect. I was way wrong. OEL was putting up 20+ goals and finishing top 7 in Norris voting.at these turned out to be MUCH better than I thought he would and OEL a absolutely fell off a cliff when Tippett left.
You probably should have been neutral then, chocolate man.:sarcasm:

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I can get behind the right Holl replacement but I think it would be a huge mistake to trade sandin and liljegren. We need their cheap deals to offset the expensive ones.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
dude thats almost 4 1st's in value
Sandin is worth a 1st
Muzzin-1st
2022 1st
Amirov/Robertson-1st

that is nuts for Chychurn
The OPs offer is nuts for Chychun. It’s so far off on value. It’s Toronto paying about 30 cents on the dollar with not a single high end asset included. And a few nothing burgers. Package B is straight up garbage for a 1D. And package A isn’t much of an improvement on B.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The only rental winger last couple of year who bring at top end young playoff is mark stone who >>>>> forsberg and they get brannstron. Brannstrom was a prospect, an excellent one but still a prospect vs sandin who are an excellent young NHLregular dmen and hes already prove he have the potentiel to be a excellent top 4 dmen in NHL. So no way a rental forsberg will bring a player like sandin, not even close.
I think you’ll find the market for Forsberg will include teams that intend to resign him and they’ll beat a TML easily if all TML offer is their first or someone like Robertson.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The OPs offer is nuts for Chychun. It’s so far off on value. It’s Toronto paying about 30 cents on the dollar with not a single high end asset included. And a few nothing burgers. Package B is straight up garbage for a 1D. And package A isn’t much of an improvement on B.
He was quoting what I believe it would take not the op. I know its exciting to hate on the leafs but atleast slow down and read correctly first.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He was quoting what I believe it would take not the op. I know its exciting to hate on the leafs but atleast slow down and read correctly first.
He’s quoting a proposal that isn’t a massive trade win for Toronto. He didn’t like that.

I’m sure he’s prefer Arizona accept either of the garbage offers the OP put forth.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Kessel can't be reduced again and you'd need to add way more to either deal. Think Amirov + Knies + Hirvonen + 1st + Holl + Ritchie, plus whatever you have to pay to have a 3rd team retain on Chychrun.
Kessel can be retained again. A player can be retained twice. But i agree not even close to beimg enough offered

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He’s quoting a proposal that isn’t a massive trade win for Toronto. He didn’t like that.

I’m sure he’s prefer Arizona accept either of the garbage offers the OP put forth.
Like I said he was quoting my valuation which is probably close to the right value. He didn't like it for the leafs and neither did I. Leafs don't need Chychurn so the package makes no sense to move.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Wasn't even going to respond to this troll burner account but i'll bite.

Amirov would be a top 3 prospect in your weak pool. He's been injured for 2 months and is playing in Salavat's top 9 right now. Educate yourself.

Coyotes fans are making themselves look like fools the past few weeks.
Yeah, it’s the Coyotes fans looking like fools in THIS thread…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad