Proposal: Leafs /coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Not that a deal is likely, but I wonder if a guy like Matthew Knies would be a piece involved?
Seems like people are really high on him right now, something in the 10-15 range in a re-draft only a few months later.
He is from Arizona, which I think they could like from a 'not-just-on-the-ice' value perspective.

Something like a Ritchie+Knies for Crouse+ Colarado's 1st?
In a more 'win now' mode, Crouse is much faster and playing better than Ritchie is showing to be. You save about 1 million, and can give him a QO for next year that is still under 2m.

Knies is a riser, and the Colarado pick will likely be closer to 25-32. Saying that, Knies could also falter over the next few months and return to being viewed as a late 1st early 2nd value.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Not that a deal is likely, but I wonder if a guy like Matthew Knies would be a piece involved?
Seems like people are really high on him right now, something in the 10-15 range in a re-draft only a few months later.
He is from Arizona, which I think they could like from a 'not-just-on-the-ice' value perspective.

In a more 'win now' mode, Crouse is much faster and playing better than Ritchie is showing to be. You save about 1 million, and can give him a QO for next year that is still under 2m.

Knies is a riser, and the Colarado pick will likely be closer to 25-32. Saying that, Knies could also falter over the next few months and return to being viewed as a late 1st early 2nd value.

Which makes it a difficult time to part with him at this time in this scenario. Like Crouse though...

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Which makes it a difficult time to part with him at this time in this scenario. Like Crouse though...
Oh it is a gamble, he could become a good middle 6 PWF in the next few years, and potentially even a top 6 guy who could really help compliment Matthews/Tavares.
At the same time, he wouldn't be the first PWF to beat up on a lower league and get to the NHL and really struggle when everyone is as strong as they are.

To me the balance is you save a million, get a much better impact W right now, and you hope the guy you get with the Colarado pick isnt too big a downgrade from Knies.

Reactions: ITM

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Counter:
'22 1st
'23 1st
Broberg/Holloway
Keith/Kassian + Turris

I'd also consider:
'23 1st
Bourgault
Broberg/Holloway
Keith/Kassian + Turris

Yamamoto is not an asset I'm interested in, at all. Broberg/Holloway would be a must if we're moving Chychrun to Edmonton and we'd still need a 1st and another solid asset coming back. Kinda leaves Bourgault or the 1st.

No team is giving up 2 blue chip prospects and a 1st with the season Chychrun is having .

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No team is giving up 2 blue chip prospects and a 1st with the season Chychrun is having .

I'd do 1st + 1st + Broberg but it would have to be for the right deal. Chychrun + Kessel @ 50%? And the Oilers add cap dumps like Kassian and Keith and Turris?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Holy flying f*** bud, reign it in.

Koskinen and Turris are off the books at the end of this season. So they are both short term cap hits. Keith has one more year beyond that, so that is a tougher pill to swallow. At least he can still play.

For the Oilers pretty much every dime that comes in means another dime going out.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Koskinen and Turris are off the books at the end of this season. So they are both short term cap hits. Keith has one more year beyond that, so that is a tougher pill to swallow. At least he can still play.

For the Oilers pretty much every dime that comes in means another dime going out.
Now look at it from the perspective of a franchise with no money bringing in 3 over the hill shitty assets that cost a fortune and then asking them to also retain 50% more real money and all they get are 2 mediocre firsts and a good defensive prospect while losing a 23 year old #1/#2 Dman on a great contract and a middle 6 winger who, while also being over the hill, is still putting up good points (more than all the players from Edmonton combined, by himself.)

It would cost 2 firsts and a good prospect just to dump those three alone, without getting back Chychrun.

Reactions: Nowotny

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Coyotes
Sandin
2022 first
1 prospect of your choosing not named Niemela

Leafs
Chychrun (-1m)

I want a good deal on Crouse though.

Go easy on me.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Now look at it from the perspective of a franchise with no money bringing in 3 over the hill shitty assets that cost a fortune and then asking them to also retain 50% more real money and all they get are 2 mediocre firsts and a good defensive prospect while losing a 23 year old #1/#2 Dman on a great contract and a middle 6 winger who, while also being over the hill, is still putting up good points (more than all the players from Edmonton combined, by himself.)

It would cost 2 firsts and a good prospect just to dump those three alone, without getting back Chychrun.

No it wouldn't, that is nuts. Man this board is terrible for the hyperbole.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
No it wouldn't, that is nuts. Man this board is terrible for the hyperbole.
Might be a bit of an overestimate (I actually thought Turris was paid more) but youre still moving out 11.6 million dollars in cap space on three players that arent worth it. I dont know what it is in real dollars cuz im being lazy but i can guarantee you that Arizona doesnt want to pay those guys anywhere near that without insane incentive. Thats before you factor in getting back the 23 year old top pairing dman.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

No interest in Ritchie. Crouse is younger, faster, and cheaper.

YES to Knies to the desert but not at the cost of a 1st.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
No interest in Ritchie. Crouse is younger, faster, and cheaper.

YES to Knies to the desert but not at the cost of a 1st.
If you think you are getting Knies for less than a 1st in the Colarado range, I think as fans we are at an impasse. I dont know if I would do it 1 for 1 at this point.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If you think you are getting Knies for less than a 1st in the Colarado range, I think as fans we are at an impasse. I dont know if I would do it 1 for 1 at this point.
Fair enough. I was thinking 2 seconds. Obviously, I am not a pro scout so I cant really assess his NHL potential. I am just looking at numbers and draft position etc. Very well could be undervaluing him. Or over valuing the Colorado pick.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Roberston , liljegren , holl , ritchie , 1st , 2d

for chychrun
I would want Knies over Robertson ( partly 'cause he is big and from Phoenix). Not a big fan of Liljegren and with taking 2 cap dumps I would want Sandin instead.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Fair enough. I was thinking 2 seconds. Obviously, I am not a pro scout so I cant really assess his NHL potential. I am just looking at numbers and draft position etc. Very well could be undervaluing him. Or over valuing the Colorado pick.

I think the Leafs are probably more likely and willing to trade Robertston or Amirov than they would Knies.

He fits the mold perfectly of a player type the Leafs have been after for years, and has done nothing but impress since his draft position.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
No worries man, no one can watch all the 'specs around the league.
A few reporters/prospect experts have suggested in a re-draft he would be in the top 10-15 range from last year. There is for sure some recency bias there, but I probably wouldnt take less than a 15-20 pick for him straight up, and only if we saw someone falling out of the top 10 this summer. Just IMO obviously

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
To Toronto — Phil kessel 50% retained 3.4mil
Jakob chychrun 4.6 mil

to yotes — package A justin holl. 2mil
Nick Ritchie 2.5 mil
Ridion amirov
2023 1 st round

Or package B. Nick Ritchie 2.5
Pierre engvall 1.250
Travis dermott 1.500
Mathew knies
2023 2nd round pick

Mother of God, both these packages are trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad