Proposal: Leafs /coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
As good as Chychurn is, he's not worth the price to the leafs. We have a 1 Ld in Reilly signed Long term and we have muzzin and Sandin as well. Great player but positionally we don need him bad enough to give the assets required to land him.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Value for value. That’s how trades work. It’s going to hurt both ways.

You won’t get a 1D for the collection of spare parts OP offered. Adding more spare parts doesn’t enhance the deal either.
I don't disagree, I just feel that Nylander has more value than Chychurn.
I personally don't think we need him. Right now we have 6 guys playing pretty good in Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Sandin, Dermott and Lilj.
If we are going to spent some assets I say go after a legit top 6 LW. Forsberg would be a good target

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don't disagree, I just feel that Nylander has more value than Chychurn.
I personally don't think we need him. Right now we have 6 guys playing pretty good in Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Sandin, Dermott and Lilj.
If we are going to spent some assets I say go after a legit top 6 LW. Forsberg would be a good target
Playing great tonight smoking the Sens.

forsberg probably costs you Sandin. He’ll be expensive as a rental.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
If the leafs do make a offer for Chychrun, it will probably include Muzzin to make salaries match.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Way to start off the new year with what may actually end up being the worst trade proposal on HFBoards in 2022

Couldn't any of us make up a worse one just for fun?

I know I couldn't, I wouldn't have the desire to think about it in the first place much less hit the Post button if I somehow actually typed it in, giggling like a maniac.

Any trade the Leafs make with Arizona is going to save them money (actual dollars) and give them futures.

I don't see anything there really.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

I don't see them offering Sandin
more along the lines of 1st+Amirov/Niemela/Robertson+Ritche

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The value is obviously not there, but it's embarrassing watching people call Amirov a mediocre prospect. You literally know nothing about the player but it fits your narrative so:banghead:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
From what I understand, Amirov’s received pretty limited ice time in the KHL since his draft, which isn’t atypical of Russian prospects of his age. But he did go through a pandemic season, had a decent showing for Russia at the last WJC and spent some time in Toronto in the spring.

One of the big talking points is if the Leafs can accelerate and improve that path to the NHL is when to bring him over to the AHL for development, and another factor is the big injury he suffered early in the season. Another would be a lack of information from podcast discussions, fanbase discussions, online discussions on his progress since he’s played so little. Which also has some fans a little anxious about him staying in Russia.

So the idea that the book’s out on him via repeat eye test isn’t necessarily going to cut the mustard as hot information if the angle is “I watch this guy a lot and he sucks.”

Whether Arizona wants him, who knows? But I think Toronto wouldn’t be the team to put together a package for Chychrun anyway.
This is actually very common for Russian prospects playing in the KHL. Young players are given very limited playing time. In the KHL there seems to be an attitude that you need to earn your time, and there seems to be some animosity shown to young players that want to go to the NHL and leave the K.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is actually very common for Russian prospects playing in the KHL. Young players are given very limited playing time. In the KHL there seems to be an attitude that you need to earn your time, and there seems to be some animosity shown to young players that want to go to the NHL and leave the K.

Agreed. So seeing as how Amirov is a top six or better upside prospect who is getting the typical KHL spot duty here and there plus recovering from a fairly lengthy injury, I don't think there's really that much information to downgrade his status as a prospect at this point. He certainly hasn't "popped" in his post draft career, but KHL guys take time. Whether Arizona wants this as a centerpiece, I couldn't say but it doesn't seem like Toronto would be an ideal trade partner for Chychrun.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Agreed. So seeing as how Amirov is a top six or better upside prospect who is getting the typical KHL spot duty here and there plus recovering from a fairly lengthy injury, I don't think there's really that much information to downgrade his status as a prospect at this point. He certainly hasn't "popped" in his post draft career, but KHL guys take time. Whether Arizona wants this as a centerpiece, I couldn't say but it doesn't seem like Toronto would be an ideal trade partner for Chychrun.
My concern if I was an NHL GM with Amirov would be that he seems to get lost when the opposition plays him physically. The skill is very evident, and there are a lot of 20 year olds that need to get stronger before they can be impactful NHLers but that would be my biggest critic. I did notice that he can try too much if things aren’t going his way. Instead of simplifying his game, he can over handle the puck, and try to take on everyone. Again this is very common for young players that have been standouts when they were in junior. I wouldn’t be surprised if he became a scoring winger in the NHL, but if I’m trading Chychrun, I want a prospect with a more direct path to being an impactful nhler. This is all just personal opinion and I agree that Toronto probably isn’t the best team to try to land Chychrun.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't be against bringing back Kessel but you guys don't know how it ended I'm not sure he's willing to come back

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

The only rental winger last couple of year who bring at top end young playoff is mark stone who >>>>> forsberg and they get brannstron. Brannstrom was a prospect, an excellent one but still a prospect vs sandin who are an excellent young NHLregular dmen and hes already prove he have the potentiel to be a excellent top 4 dmen in NHL. So no way a rental forsberg will bring a player like sandin, not even close.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Value for value. That’s how trades work. It’s going to hurt both ways.

You won’t get a 1D for the collection of spare parts OP offered. Adding more spare parts doesn’t enhance the deal either.
Here is the issue. Nylander keeps getting better. 2 more goals last night against Ottawa.....while the value is OK the concept isn't. The leafs need to add a D without losing Nylander. They don't necessarily need a 1D and with Gio lurking that might make more sense.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Leafs aren't in desperate need of a 1 LHD. Their assets should be used on a top 4 Rhd or top 6 winger. Hypothetically If the leafs were to go for Chychurn the package would have to be

To Leafs
Chychurn

To Arizona
Muzzin
Sandin
2022 1st
Amirov/ Robertson
2023 2nd

Yotes could then keep Muzzin or trade him for a 1st plus good prospect as well. Makes no sense for the leafs but it would take that to get Chychurn.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Leafs aren't in desperate need of a 1 LHD. Their assets should be used on a top 4 Rhd or top 6 winger. Hypothetically If the leafs were to go for Chychurn the package would have to be

To Leafs
Chychurn

To Arizona
Muzzin
Sandin
2022 1st
Amirov/ Robertson
2023 2nd

Yotes could then keep Muzzin or trade him for a 1st plus good prospect as well. Makes no sense for the leafs but it would take that to get Chychurn.
dude thats almost 4 1st's in value
Sandin is worth a 1st
Muzzin-1st
2022 1st
Amirov/Robertson-1st

that is nuts for Chychurn

Reactions: Tarmore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad