News: Leafs cap - Dubas: We can, and we will keep all our 4 top F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm connecting it to all the keyboard warriors here who have no credibility when it comes to evaluating the future (or the recent past). Tell us again how good Rielly was in the playoffs...
No, you went off about how the Leafs haven't won the division since they were created. That has nothing to do with Leafs posters, evaluating the CURRENT team or Morgan Rielly.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Toronto media has improved (at least towards the Leafs) since Shanny took over, but it used to be brutal.

sun.JPG

590b41b9810878b06973839196c778ba

Then of course all the **** with Kessel during in-person interviews. Simmons is a total moron but it works as an example.

True Simmons is a moron and really that's why he has been "shut out" by employees of all teams, so he just makes stuff up. This article was printed just after Kessel was traded to the Pens. So, it sure looks likes if Simmons really wanted to hard ass against a Leaf, he had the ammo (by his standards) but he held off till Kessel was no longer a Leaf. Sorta proves the point, that the media is soft on it's teams. PS, there is no need for the "hot dog" nonsense, but agree with him, Leafs management did not want Kessel on the team anymore.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
True Simmons is a moron and really that's why he has been "shut out" by employees of all teams, so he just makes stuff up. This article was printed just after Kessel was traded to the Pens. So, it sure looks likes if Simmons really wanted to hard ass against a Leaf, he had the ammo (by his standards) but he held off till Kessel was no longer a Leaf. Sorta proves the point, that the media is soft on it's teams. PS, there is no need for the "hot dog" nonsense, but agree with him, Leafs management did not want Kessel on the team anymore.
That was one example, I'm sure he said shit about Kessel when he was here, too.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
That was one example, I'm sure he said **** about Kessel when he was here, too.

He flip flopped. His favourite thing to say was that Kessel was a mystery, he could be the greatest player on the ice one day and the worst the next. Kessel was never that erratic but when you write for the Sun, you gotta write for people who only understand absolutes. Or only drink Absolut. One or the other.

Just read this comedy and then forget he exists: You can take Crosby, I'll take Toews

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
No, you went off about how the Leafs haven't won the division since they were created. That has nothing to do with Leafs posters, evaluating the CURRENT team or Morgan Rielly.

Nope. I went on about how the same Leaf fans have been saying the same thing forever and they've been wrong. And I've been right. I also noted that Morgan Rielly's CORSI in the playoffs this year was the worst of any defenseman in the series.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
In your opinion maybe. But as you can see from that poll your opinion is a minority one. The guy is a franchise altering C that most teams dream of drafting and regularly wait more than a decade to get the chance.
I thought polls on HF were irrelevant though?

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Meh, I heard the same thing a decade ago and every year since. Talk to me when 'the Big 3' don't get single-handedly outscored by Jake Debrusk in a playoff series.

Also, it's not like there was a worm to turn. The Bruins have pretty much dominated the Leafs for 50 years. Just that the last 11 have been especially embarrassing for Leaf fans.

The Leafs have one single division title since the creation of divisions.

They won all the series in the past two years during the regular season and their core is like ten years younger than the Bruins.

The Bruins whole year hangs on a soon to be 33 year old Patrice Bergeron (Happy Birthday Patrice on July 24).
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Bruins won only one cup during Bergeron's run, they could have won another but they choked against Chicago, and now it's ending.
Don't worry I'm sure that Leafs fans will be just as obnoxious as Bruins fans have been during their window that is just starting to open.
The Leafs are another year better and the Bruins are another year older.
Move over to the slow lane grandpa you're holding up traffic.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Nope. I went on about how the same Leaf fans have been saying the same thing forever and they've been wrong. And I've been right. I also noted that Morgan Rielly's CORSI in the playoffs this year was the worst of any defenseman in the series.
You ended up talking about how the Leafs haven't won a division title. That's irrelevant to this specific group that is in Toronto right now.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm connecting it to all the keyboard warriors here who have no credibility when it comes to evaluating the future (or the recent past). Tell us again how good Rielly was in the playoffs...

Probably the team's best D tbh. Gardiner had some great games as well but that game 7 kind of overshadows it. Dermott disappointed the most I think.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
They should build a cemetary next to Scotiabank Arena so Leafs fans can whistle walking by it to games.

Keep believing your defense is good and there are no Cap problems don’t exist as soon as the Forty Million foursome are all on the books in 2019-20 the Leafs third jersey should be a drawing of the Titanic going down.

The bottom 4 Forwards will known as the Colin Greening Memorial by 2020.

I can’t wsit till the Bruins match up the Bergeron line against that super star defensive duo of Reilly & Zaitsev. Good luck getting it consistently out of the zone.

The Leafs are so top heavy it’s going to be hilarious watching them tip over and crash
A Bruins fan chirping the Leafs about being top heavy? Yeah ok :laugh:

Reactions: Kelly

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
They were definitely top heavy when the team skated around the rink with the Cup above their heads.

Nah. They rode a goalie with a playoffs GAA of 1.98 and a Save Percentage of .940. Guy only set the record for most saves in a single post-season and the most saves in a Stanley Cup series. Set the record for fewest goals in a seven game Stanley Cup Finals as well. Oh, and had the all time record of a .967 save percentage in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Right...because he would say, yes, we will trade one of the 4.

Another useless Leafs’ threads. Death, taxes, and worthless Leafs’ threads.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs are screwed cap-wise in this thread, in the Dubas thread, others are questioning why he didn't sign Calvin DeHaan to that deal Carolina did:laugh:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Rielly was better than any DMan on Boston...
Morgan Rielly is by far the most underrated DMan on here. A true #1.
Are you trying to say Rielly wasn't good?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

You’re being pretty obtuse if you think this current Leafs can’t be a strong team now and in the near future.

The fact that the leafs didn’t win a playoff series (especially when 3 of their best players were only sophomores) only 3 years after finishing in last place doesn’t mean the team is doomed to continued mediocrity.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The Leafs have a fantastic future. Anyone who can't see that is biased. You put that same team on Florida and all of you are gushing over them.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
If Kane and JVR are getting 7m/yr, there's no way Nylander and Marner are getting less than 7m/yr, it'll be more.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not always. If that's what you are banking your hopes on 7m/yr, then lets see how it shakes out.
I am not banking any hopes. I am simply stating you used an example of 2 RFAs vs. 2 UFAs. Usually the UFAs get the bigger deals.
I am of the opinion Marner is PPG next season, so he is getting a huge contract. I told everyone last year 69 points for Marner is much more impressive than it looks considering he had 16:28 TOI Avg and got stuck on the 4th line for a time.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I am not banking any hopes. I am simply stating you used an example of 2 RFAs vs. 2 UFAs. Usually the UFAs get the bigger deals.
I am of the opinion Marner is PPG next season, so he is getting a huge contract. I told everyone last year 69 points for Marner is much more impressive than it looks considering he had 16:28 TOI Avg and got stuck on the 4th line for a time.
Usually, not always. Has Nylander filed for arbitration? Because that could be even uglier when Marner does his the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad