GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
honestly it truly makes me sick that we didnt draft knies

we draft the US system so well and we missed this one
the leafs look like they hit on 2nd rounders knies and minten- which is essential since they traded away a lot of high picks.
I've only said this 10X but HuGo need to find some quality forwards with size next summer

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Happens every draft body. No need to get sick over that. Also, sometimes its our luck (Hutson for example)

But yeah, he is very f***ing good and he would be a perfect fit with Suzuki and Caufield.

Before the draft there was a lot of talks about the Habs liking Knies. It was even said a few times leading up to the event itself.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I mean it's not hard to be "noticeably" better than last season when he couldn't even keep the puck on his stick. We get it hes 19. Hugues and Gorton went for grit as 1oa. Of course people gonna criticize
Holy mama. Acknowledging on one hand that he is noticeably better while overreacting over a nothing-burger period.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I mean it's not hard to be "noticeably" better than last season when he couldn't even keep the puck on his stick. We get it hes 19. Hugues and Gorton went for grit as 1oa. Of course people gonna criticize
And if he wouldn’t be you’d cry even more so really what do you want? him not getting better?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No Buffalo is absolutely stacked with prospects. We are stacked with mediocre prospects. They are ahead hands down.
I think that's pretty universally spoken of that we have a top 10 pool but our strength is depth rather than talent. There's going to be a lot of these D prospects and forwards playing depth roles across many teams. I think most of us would rather have a talent like Bedard with nothing than what we have too.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
we are better right now other than goalie (unless Primeau comes back to playing as good as Levi)

Ok, the Habs are no where close to Buffalo, especially with players like Norris candidate Dahlin, Thompson, Cozens, Power, Tuch and they have a lot of top end prospects. They had 5 players last season who scored more points than the Habs top scorer. Obviously they’ve been drafting high for a long time and should be better.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
the leafs look like they hit on 2nd rounders knies and minten- which is essential since they traded away a lot of high picks.
I've only said this 10X but HuGo need to find some quality forwards with size next summer
As an outside observer, the habs need skilled grit big time, you guys have the skill but need some size for puck retrieval to get the puck to Nick or Cole.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think that's pretty universally spoken of that we have a top 10 pool but our strength is depth rather than talent. There's going to be a lot of these D prospects and forwards playing depth roles across many teams. I think most of us would rather have a talent like Bedard with nothing than what we have too.
Yes we have a good pool. Buffalo has a better one with more high end pieces.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Ok, the Habs are no where close to Buffalo, especially with players like Norris candidate Dahlin, Thompson, Cozens, Power, Tuch and they have a lot of top end prospects. They had 5 players last season who scored more points than the Habs top scorer. Obviously they’ve been drafting high for a long time and should be better.
Norris is on Ottawa not Buffalo

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
Buffalo are a fringe playoff team and young as hell.

We might be worst 5 teams in the year with some massively awful contracts that are going to handicap us for the next few years.

There is no way we are 'winning' in this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad