GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
What are his massive skill? Being tall? Bro is scared of the board like Latendresse was and look where is Lantredresse nowdays
he is strong, he has a hammer of a shot and he drives the net hard

we need a guy that will drive the net and crash and bang on a line with Cole the same way Lindros opened up space for Leclair

Reactions: Eco

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think that's pretty universally spoken of that we have a top 10 pool but our strength is depth rather than talent. There's going to be a lot of these D prospects and forwards playing depth roles across many teams. I think most of us would rather have a talent like Bedard with nothing than what we have too.
they've accumulated a ton of picks over the next two drafts with several stiffs coming off the books in the next couple of years...I think HuGo will make the appropriate moves to find additional, elite talent up front. Grabbing one of the top 4 forwards next draft wouldn't hurt.
Imagine Eiserman and Caufield up front
:m-dance:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Took a social media break before we go 1-8-1 to start season, and 0 for 60 on the PP. Mojo is now balanced, and my body is ready for a new season of pain, loss & watching Gallagher finding new ways to injure himself.
Look on the bright side for the power play, they will be 60 for 60 on the drop back pass. :laugh:

• Haha

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
honestly i could see us trading for Zegras early next week if anaheim keeps playing games with him

you just know Cole is in his ear right now talking about recreating some of that magic from USDNDP and WJC in la belle province

Reactions: Eco and MarkovsKnee

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
it doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't put Mesar with 2 guys that can't score in the AHL as what kind of test is that, what do you learn from that as it's not like he's likely to ever really be in the situation long term in the NHL if he were to make it.

If you see a player is struggling with confidence, no matter when you need to work with them as they aren't seasoned vets that know how to handle this.

But the Habs have been making many poor decisions with development over the years so every little mistake gets highlighted more until we start to see these guys do in fact know how to develop these kids or not.
I’ll have to say that MANY minor league coaches in any sport do the same. Football is probably the one where you see it the most.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I too have been underwhelmed by Slaf, but can we really already close the door on this kid? he has 40 games of NHL experience is 19 and adjusting to the size of the rink and pace of the NHL.
I've resigned myself to the fact he (probably) won't be a star, but a 30-35 goal scoring bulldozer on the wing ain't bad

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs better hope they get decent goaltending this season. Or maybe not getting decent goaltending is a good thing...

• Haha
Reactions: HuGo Sham

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
honestly i could see us trading for Zegras early next week if anaheim keeps playing games with him

you just know Cole is in his ear right now talking about recreating some of that magic from USDNDP and WJC in la belle province
That return might be crazy though. I'm not sure if I want him, as I do fear that he's more of a highlight guy then and night after night top player.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Right all we need to do is miss the playoffs 11 years in a row.
IMO if you guys can hang around .500 and get hot late you have a shot for a wild card. But guys like Slaf need to figure it out soon, or it may be another long season.
Personally I hope the habs are in the mix with the Sabers, Sens and Wings

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The only person that can fix the pp is Mr. Burrows. He just needs a few more years practice.
#ibelieve

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad