GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Friday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Crête saying that the Habs have managed only 2 SOGs in their last 6 PPs.

Well, pre-season garbage, stat is not telling without the top players in the lineup.

Regardless though, it's not much better with our top players.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I felt Barron was having a good start to the game. But after that give away that lead to the shorthanded goal against, he lost his step. I don't know how many times he was passed the puck at the blue line and he flubbed it and the puck came out of the zone.
Nerves then. Which probably means a few players know this was their "last chance" to impress and most of them fumbled it under stress.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't know about being graped lol, but I think Mailloux will easily jump him, Reinbacher as well. I'd also rather have Harris or Struble playing RD as a 6th D over Barron. He seems to have serious confidence issues, kinda like Primeau
So basically he has no spot n the team while Lekhonen is part of the Avs core

Lekhonen was so much more valuable than stat watching…

Last edited by a moderator:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He had a bad 1st half, was probably our best lokking foward in the 2nd half. He will get a longer look with better players as the cuts comes.
A healthy top 12 for me has Ylonen on the 4th line. Pearson, Gallagher, and Armia fight for the spot opposite him, with Pearson having the edge. Dvo takes the last top 9 spot.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
A healthy top 12 for me has Ylonen on the 4th line. Pearson, Gallagher, and Armia fight for the spot opposite him, with Pearson having the edge. Dvo takes the last top 9 spot.
Alot of hockey left to play before the season start, Ylonen will have his chances with quality NHLers, lets see how he looks first, could surprise.

Reactions: 26Mats

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
So basically he has no spot n the team while Lekhonen is part of the Avs core
Yea, when you put it like that, haha. But I think he's still a tradable asset or as a sweetener in a trade. He's still a 6'2" offensive RD that can skate and is a former 1st rd pick. The talent is there with Barron, I think his issue is mental.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Alot of hockey left to play before the season start, Ylonen will have his chances with quality NHLers, lets see how he looks first, could surprise.
Ylonen has the speed to keep up with Newhook and Anderson, if they're the core duo of our 3rd line. Ylonen would then have to outplay Pearson, Gally, and Armia in that spot. Not an insurmountable feat.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Ylonen has the speed to keep up with Newhook and Anderson, if they're the core duo of our 3rd line. Ylonen would then have to outplay Pearson, Gally, and Armia in that spot. Not an insurmountable feat.
Maybe Newhook fits with Suzuki Caufield on the top line, then Monahan would be back centering the 3rd line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe Newhook fits with Suzuki Caufield on the top line, then Monahan would be back centering the 3rd line.
I'm fine with Monahan as 3c. But if he's going to have Anderson on one wing, we saw tonight that they'll need a major upgrade over Armia. And we don't really have such an upgrade. I'm not sure Ylonen can give that duo what they need. Ylonen would benefit from playing with those two. But it might not be a very good line. RHP would be great with Monahan and Anderson. But Slaf and Dach may really benefit from RHP. So I don't want to take him away from them.

I like the balance of Newhook with Anderson and Monahan with Cole and Nick. But if Newhook looks spectacular, you have to go with him on the 1st line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nerves then. Which probably means a few players know this was their "last chance" to impress and most of them fumbled it under stress.

Stephane Fiset said something interesting about Barron that made sense to me. He said that when the pressure is on, when he needs to earn a spot, he seems not ready. But if he's called up due to injuries, which his call up is more due to circumstances, he comes in and does well.

And that is more the mental side.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Stephane Fiset said something interesting about Barron that made sense to me. He said that when the pressure is on, when he needs to earn a spot, he seems not ready. But if he's called up due to injuries, which his call up is more due to circumstances, he comes in and does well.

And that is more the mental side.
Which begs the question, what historically has been the success rate of mentally weak players in this market?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am dying to know what Marty said :)

About power play. This is now what... year 4 that PP looks absolutely abysmal. 5 even maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad