GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Friday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
He's a 21 year old first rounder defenseman that has played a grand total of 46 NHL games......chill the f out.

There's a reason why he plays with Matheson.

Tonight he was in the leader role. He's clearly not ready for it but that's normal.

I was listening to a stream without commentary and I remember clearly one play where is Barron was directing loudly Beaudin. On the first goal, Barron braked too late, but Beaudin was also caught out of position.

Reactions: Max2

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He's a 21 year old first rounder defenseman that has played a grand total of 46 NHL games......chill the f out.

oh whoopdee doo , like we don't have a history of first round busts on the blueline lol , he's awful.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The training with Crosby chirp is actually hilarious that said I'm the biggest lekhonen fan and I still like the trade , calling lekhonen a core player for the Avs is wild and I think the guy is a stud

Chill it's pre season

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Barron is total AHL material, hot garbage. Ohhhhh he trains with Crosby in the summer ooooohhh lookout like that's going to wear off on old numbnuts
giphy.gif

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't watch the game, but I checked the box score.

One thing that stuck out me were how many obscure jersey numbers were listed on the Habs.

There's like 3 or 4 guys on the entire list with a jersey number under 30.

It draws me to two conclusions:
1) the Habs have a shit ton of jerseys retired
2) there's also a shit ton of people left to cut.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
He'll be sent down for sure.

Will he clear waivers??

We'll see...
I hope he clears waivers all the way to the ECHL where he belongs…. To dominate and gain confidence instead of struggle which he clearly is.

Barron is trash,, dont want to see him again

Other than the goal, would be nice to see Anderson play with a pulse of some sort

cant wait to see Slaf slap these f***ers around tomorrow nighte
Barron is stunted in Montreal. He needs top minutes and to learn to suck until he’s good or until he can’t take any more injury.

I’m sorry but the league is about how much punishment can you take.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
I hope he clears waivers all the way to the ECHL where he belongs…. To dominate and gain confidence instead of struggle which he clearly is.

Barron is stunted in Montreal. He needs top minutes and to learn to suck until he’s good or until he can’t take any more injury.

I’m sorry but the league is about how much punishment can you take.
Its shocking to me that Barron was a 1st round pick

Reactions: Habs

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Hugo must make a decision on Gallagher.

Guy is done. He is not even ECHL level
They're competent but not miracle workers. Including this year, he has 4 years left. The only way of getting rid of him without LTIRing it is find a rebuilding team with cap space, and offer a package of decent prospects and multiple draft picks (two 2nds, etc) to take Gallagher. It's not gonna be pretty.

It's either live with Gallagher for four more years or accept that HuGo is gonna eat s*** in a trade to get rid of him

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I don't get the freak out over Barron. Maybe my expectations were tempered and that's why I'm not going crazy but I saw him as hopefully a no. 6 in the future for the Habs. A player like Engstrom will probably overtake him in a couple of years. Mailloux if developed well may also be a no.4/5 so I expect him to be ahead of Barron. Reinbacher is obvious.

Point is, I still think he can develop into a pretty good bottom pair role. There just isn't enough spots moving forward for him to be better than that. I guess the hope might have been to have him play well and trade him for assets. Oh well

Reactions: PhysicX and Kimota

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Its shocking to me that Barron was a 1st round pick
I've never been high on Barron, it's still early in the season to write him off though. By the end of this season though, we will know if he's a long term casualty.

They're competent but not miracle workers. Including this year, he has 4 years left. The only way of getting rid of him without LTIRing it is find a rebuilding team with cap space, and offer a package of decent prospects and multiple draft picks (two 2nds, etc) to take Gallagher. It's not gonna be pretty.

It's either live with Gallagher for four more years or accept that HuGo is gonna eat s*** in a trade to get rid of him
At least you can think about it this way. Another top 5 pick baby!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hockey supporters in Montreal are in over reactionary mode after a pre season game, color me shocked.

What's funny is that the same type of posts crying about Barron and holding up a bad pre-season game as evidence that he sucks/Lekhonen was worth more.... are the exact same type of posts that we saw regularly about Lekhonen being trash and never going to be good enough to be a solid 3rd liner, let alone handle top 6 minutes/role.

Context is not something that matters to some, apparently.

Barron will be fine. If this is the best he can perform, sure he's not long for the NHL. More likely, this is about as bad as he can play and at some point this year, his play will be strong enough that some will be pencilling him into the top pair RD slot for next year.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I don't get the freak out over Barron. Maybe my expectations were tempered and that's why I'm not going crazy but I saw him as hopefully a no. 6 in the future for the Habs. A player like Engstrom will probably overtake him in a couple of years. Mailloux if developed well may also be a no.4/5 so I expect him to be ahead of Barron. Reinbacher is obvious.

Point is, I still think he can develop into a pretty good bottom pair role. There just isn't enough spots moving forward for him to be better than that. I guess the hope might have been to have him play well and trade him for assets. Oh well
Barron is soft, more so if you consider he is 6'2" and shouldn't be.

Barron is too chill and lackadaisical in his play, as seen in his play to cough up the puck behind his own net -- a play that had to a goal against mere seconds later, with everyone caught off guard.

It's a style of play, not an isolated mistake. It was seen again as he failed track the puck while patrolling the blue line in the O-Zone and the puck just exited the zone for no valid reason.

Defensively, he has trouble recognizing the correct defensive target/assignment around his own net.

I'm really not sold on Barron, but I'm also not too worried about our situation on RD, with Reinbacher, Mailloux and Bogdan Konyushkov as natural righties for the future, plus Engstrom, who plays the right side despite being a natural lefty, and Xhekaj, Harris and Struble who are lefties that can adequately play the right side in a lower pairing role.

I'd also consider Matheson as a lefty who has played RD in his career, but he has exploded playing the left side in PIT and MTL, so I wouldn't factor him with so many excellent candidates, already, coming up to play on the right side on D.

Also, in a pinch, Guhle could play the right side, but I'd prefer to get the most out of him on his natural side.

The situation at D is under control and, honestly, Barron might not play a big role when it comes down to it.

Que sera...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Which begs the question, what historically has been the success rate of mentally weak players in this market?
No way to know who's mentally weak front the outside in.

Plus, "mentally weak" will depend on the evaluator.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Barron got Beaudind like Mailloux got Ortized.

I still believe he'll be dynamite with Matheson.

Harris looks good as 2LD.

Guhle savard
Matheson barron
Harris Mailloux
Xhekaj

Laval 1RD David

I've never been high on Barron, it's still early in the season to write him off though. By the end of this season though, we will know if he's a long term casually

Is this Eric Engels account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad