LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Difference of opinion = trolling.

This site has been really bad with the personal attacks lately.

Hutson is too small to be good in the nhl, he will get exposed shift in and out against NHL players and will need to be sheltered because he cant play defence.
Agree with the personal attacks about difference of opinion. But you are also legit just saying. He is too small. He will get exposed. You really arent saying that's you're opinion you are just blatantly telling people this is how its gonna be. You are really just setting yourself up to be attacked lol. Cake and eat it too situation buds

Reactions: Fenris and jfhabs

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Difference of opinion = trolling.

This site has been really bad with the personal attacks lately.

Hutson is too small to be good in the nhl, he will get exposed shift in and out against NHL players and will need to be sheltered because he cant play defence.
It's not even difference of opinion. You are stating things as facts that will happen based on what? You're making it seems like small players don't thrive in today's NHL which is far from the truth. Total troll job.

If you want to talk about facts, if he was in your system, you would be stating he is the coming of the next Paul Coffee. Because Habs own him. He will suck
, he is to small is your argument. Yea I kept hearing that about Caufield too before he arrived.

Reactions: Rob Sense

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Love how he’s not even a finalist for the Hobey Baker despite doing things the NCAA hasn’t seen in decades. But it’s better this way. Keep the kid wanting to prove the doubters wrong even more. The Habs have an elite talent on their hands and he's going to stay hungry.

Reactions: Jabba11 and viceroy

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Love how he’s not even a finalist for the Hobey Baker despite doing things the NCAA hasn’t seen in decades. But it’s better this way. Keep the kid wanting to prove the doubters wrong even more. The Habs have an elite talent on their hands and he's going to stay hungry.
Doubters? Come on. Missing out on the final three will not impact his career whatsoever. He wouldn't have won the award anyways.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Doubters? Come on. Missing out on the final three will not impact his career whatsoever. He wouldn't have won the award anyways.
Yeah, doubters. Dropped to 62, goes on to break records. Not even considered top 3 is a joke. If he played for Minnesota he’d have 55+ points unlike the other leech that was a finalist.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Agree with the personal attacks about difference of opinion. But you are also legit just saying. He is too small. He will get exposed. You really arent saying that's you're opinion you are just blatantly telling people this is how its gonna be. You are really just setting yourself up to be attacked lol. Cake and eat it too situation buds
This 100%, I hate it when people stated their opinions as facts

One of the big things MAB had that Hutson doesn’t have, and I doubt he ever will is that massive shot from the point.
That's not an issue at all. It's a lot more efficient to be able to find shooting lanes then have a booming slapshot. Sure it's a good tool to have, but many very productive NHL defenseman don't have it in their arsenal either.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's not even difference of opinion. You are stating things as facts that will happen based on what? You're making it seems like small players don't thrive in today's NHL which is far from the truth. Total troll job.

If you want to talk about facts, if he was in your system, you would be stating he is the coming of the next Paul Coffee. Because Habs own him. He will suck
, he is to small is your argument. Yea I kept hearing that about Caufield too before he arrived.

I mean Caulfield is a one-dimensional sniper that can’t hit 30 goals because he’s so small he gets injured all the time off nothing hits. Not sure that’s the example I’d use.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
90% of this 36 page thread is fawning. I wouldn't say he's getting no respect. Discussion of whether he can translate what he's doing to the NHL is reasonable, though remeasuring his height regularly gets tedious.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I believe he was 6 points in 7 games against tournament teams as March 23

This is kind of the Devon Levi situation from last year where the SOS can fault the player, even though it isnt their fault. It just requires you to be not just good, but amazing in those small samples

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This thread is turning annoying... Unable to discuss VERY reasonable concerns about his pro potential without people getting mad about it. Funny what happens when a good player has an outstanding season and all of a sudden nobody is allowed to say what the obvious concerns are anymore

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Knies over Hutson has to be insulting
I think you’re underrating the season Knies had a bit. He’s a 200 foot beast.

To me it’s:
1. Fantilli
2. Cooley
3-6. Some order of Knies, Snuggerud, Hutson and L. Hughes

I see those 6 as a clear step above anyone else in terms of their impact.

Given that 4 of those 6 are likely leaving college, I’d say Hutson has an excellent shot of winning the Hobey Baker next season.

Reactions: blindpass

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Of course there are legit concerns and fans will get carried away when your 2nd round pick has a historic season. The Hobey Baker doesn't have any impact on his future, it should go to Fantilli as I certainly didn't think he would put up the kind of numbers he did and I liked him from watching him in the USHL when Sean Farrell was there.

So no shame in not being in the final 3, he's helped his team win the Hockey East and now they are in the Frozen Fours. He's still got a number of things to work on. His backwards skating needs a ton of work, he needs to add mass/strength of course. But for his 18 year old season, there's a lot to be excited about, doesn't mean it will pan out or that he can't get a good bit better in time if he can work on the physical tools a decent amount.

I got some heat for my youtube channel ranking him the Habs top prospect in November, so clearly I'm very high on the kids upside, i've seen if not all then just about every Hab prospect over the last 20+ years and he's easily one if not the most exciting prospect i've ever seen for the Habs outside of maybe Caufield and clearly Hutson has been way more impressive when you compare their Freshman years though Caufield like Makar really uped their game in their Sophomore season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I am actually more surprised that Farrell wasn't in the top 3 although I felt either would be a good pick at 3rd. It's also just a really good year for the NCAA, as you have some flat out sick Freshman in Fantilli, Cooley, Hutson, Snuggerud. Any one of them deserves to be in the Final 3 for the outstanding seasons they all had. Add in Farrell, Hughes, who both impressed the hell out of me just about every time I watch either of them.

Farrell being 2nd OA in the NCAA in ppg (since the Ivy league schools play less then the rest of the NCAA), I felt he clearly could have been a top 3 finalist. Great season from him for sure. Hughes as well though I think Farrell's case is a little better it wouldn't be the worst if Hughes was a top 3 finalist as he's going to be such a good NHLer imo.

Then you have Jason Polin who led the NCAA in goals, the Hobey seem to prefer giving the award to older players so I could have seen him get picked and I would say you could make a decent case for him.

After the 1st half ended I thought McAllister was going to win it as he had been leading the NCAA in points for most of the season at that point. He had a great season but seemed to tail off a bit in the 2nd half so I can see why he wasn't named.

Graf had a great season as well, I wouldn't have picked him over say Farrell.

Reactions: j c petit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad