LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Although would be sick to see the kid win the Hobey. Im so lost on this award in terms of actually caring.
I've said this for a while, although this year was a bit different. So many young studs up for it when its usually more so going to older guys.
I did think it would come down to Fantilli, Farrell, Knies, Hutson, and Cooley. Knies being 5th (imo). All unreal years, all could win it any given year really. But Hutson being a rookie, and not winning a Hobey Baker, is the last of my concern. Actually more of an upside seeing the outrage of him not being a finalist.

But like I said. The HB would be nice and a sick accomplishment. Zero concern though, and not a care in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: TimeZone

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not gonna add anything to this thread but I felt it was necessary to quote this, this post is really that dumb. Well done man.
Guy was playing through a shoulder labrum tear for months and team doctors finally convinced him to get the surgery since it was a lost season anyway, but he's "always injured because he's small".

I guess Josh Anderson is small as well, he had the same injury and went through the same surgery.

Low effort trolling.

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
Concensus is Hutson is not getting a legit chance in the NHL next season?

Mar 12, 2009
Although would be sick to see the kid win the Hobey. Im so lost on this award in terms of actually caring.
I've said this for a while, although this year was a bit different. So many young studs up for it when its usually more so going to older guys.
I did think it would come down to Fantilli, Farrell, Knies, Hutson, and Cooley. Knies being 5th (imo). All unreal years, all could win it any given year really. But Hutson being a rookie, and not winning a Hobey Baker, is the last of my concern. Actually more of an upside seeing the outrage of him not being a finalist.

But like I said. The HB would be nice and a sick accomplishment. Zero concern though, and not a care in the world.
The outrage seems to mainly be from MTL fans so I'm not sure it "helps". I don't think a nomination a win or neither will have any effect on Hutson's development. Awards are nice but it's not like winning it grants a player a +1 stat boost.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Not gonna add anything to this thread but I felt it was necessary to quote this, this post is really that dumb. Well done man.
I just did not even bother to respond to a troll post. What's the point. Clearly just trying to troll.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, Knives is the most overrated prospect in hockey.
It's because he is the only decent prospect they have. Even then he is a B+ prospect. Nothing special. Benefited playing with some legit players on his team. Could be an ok 3rd liner down the road. Leaf fans of course blow him up to me the next McDavid.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's because he is the only decent prospect they have. Even then he is a B+ prospect. Nothing special. Benefited playing with some legit players on his team. Could be an ok 3rd liner down the road. Leaf fans of course blow him up to me the next McDavid.

Stat-watching only gets you so far.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

It's fun making things up, I get it. Great imagination on this one!

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
From what I gather even his most optimistic fans think that would be best.

Best case scenario is he keeps improving/growing at this rate and by the end of next season he's about 6'1 190 pounds, ready to jump in the show. Memes aside, as good of a prospect as he's turned out to be, seems like there's still a lot to work on in his game, let alone physically.

Reactions: Deas

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Depending on how his team does he might at the end of the season, but to be there from the start, it's very slim, or at least I hope so.

Let him go back, fill out a bit more and practice his elusiveness and his play away from the puck.

I have no idea what the habs do, but they're almost certainly going to be a bottom 10 team again.

Perhaps Hutson gets a call from Team USA for the World Championship ?

Reactions: Deas

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Hutson was robbed of being a Hobey Finalist. That's a fact. In terms of development he needs another year of strength training - he is probably only 150 pounds or so and would greatly benefit from one more season at BU.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Depending on how his team does he might at the end of the season, but to be there from the start, it's very slim, or at least I hope so.

Let him go back, fill out a bit more and practice his elusiveness and his play away from the puck.

I have no idea what the habs do, but they're almost certainly going to be a bottom 10 team again.

Perhaps Hutson gets a call from Team USA for the World Championship ?

If he makes Team USA WC, that would be very huge. I don't think he's good enough to right now but it will be amazing experience.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If he makes Team USA WC, that would be very huge. I don't think he's good enough to right now but it will be amazing experience.
Yeah, he's on the outside looking in, but there's a slight chance.

I haven't looked at who's likely to be eliminated and that's if they even say yes. I could see the states bringing him as a 7th d to get some more experience.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hutson was robbed of being a Hobey Finalist. That's a fact. In terms of development he needs another year of strength training - he is probably only 150 pounds or so and would greatly benefit from one more season at BU.
100% agree. If a freshman D having an unprecedented record-breaking offensive season doesn't garner a Hobey finalist nomination, then what does?

Its laughable.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
100% agree. If a freshman D having an unprecedented record-breaking offensive season doesn't garner a Hobey finalist nomination, then what does?

Its laughable.
It really is a joke. Hutson had a special special season - led Hockey East in scoring as a defenseman (I think he is close to Makar points when he won the Hobey). Fantilli will win the Hobey and had a fantastic season but Hutson should have been 2nd if not 3rd at worst in finalists.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It really is a joke. Hutson had a special special season - led Hockey East in scoring as a defenseman (I think he is close to Makar points when he won the Hobey). Fantilli will win the Hobey and had a fantastic season but Hutson should have been 2nd if not 3rd at worst in finalists.
There's more to hockey than scoring points.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He can take out his frustration on Minnesota on Thursday if he'd like. Wouldn't be the first time a Minnesota team was beaten single-handedly in the Frozen Four by a skilled defenseman going nuclear.

Reactions: Wats

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
There's more to hockey than scoring points.
Thanks captain obvious. Name a player that had more GWG goals, OT goals and a better season than Hutson...oh yeah and his team won the regular Hockey East and Hockey East Tournament and advanced to the Frozen Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad