LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe it wasn't clear but Eichel has 10 pts on his teammate who also 2nd in pts in the league. Fantilli has 6 pts.

View attachment 674011

Fantili played 4 fewer games than the 2nd top scorer. The point/game difference between Fantili and the 2nd best is higher than the point/game difference between Eichel and the 2nd best in his year.

Eichel did it in a much more difficult conference in a lower scoring era, with a less talented supporting cast. Hockey East is a much stronger conference than Big 10.

Eichel very easily had the better season. He had 27 more points than the next highest scorer in HE that wasn't his teammate.

All that says is that there were fewer talented players in the NCAA back then than now.
You look at the top 30 scorers in the NCAA back then, and there were barely any players drafted in the first 2 rounds. The only ones I noticed are Eichel and Larkin.
You look at this year, and there is Fantili, Cooley, Snuggerud, Hutson, Hughes, Knies, Samoskevich, Coronato, Gauthier, and Mastrosimone.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Eichel did it in a much more difficult conference in a lower scoring era, with a less talented supporting cast. Hockey East is a much stronger conference than Big 10.

Eichel very easily had the better season. He had 27 more points than the next highest scorer in HE that wasn't his teammate.

NOPE

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Haha thats funny. Owned that Habs fan complaining about older players winning the Hobey.
What did he owned exactly? No one knows the ‘’favorites’’ for the hobey other than Fantilli.

The only thing we know for sure is that freshmen usually don’t win it. So i’m not really sure what’s funny.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm amazed GMs will still pass over this kind of skill for bigger, limited upside guys. I understand that size was and is a concern, so maybe he doesn't go top 10, but after the first 20 picks or so I'm swinging for the fences if I'm a GM.

62nd overall is criminal.

It was also utterly predictable that the team that took him would have had extra picks early and already picked a few times in the draft. Same situation with Columbus taking Dumais. Teams still generally only like to "gamble" on these guys after taking bigger players first.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm amazed GMs will still pass over this kind of skill for bigger, limited upside guys. I understand that size was and is a concern, so maybe he doesn't go top 10, but after the first 20 picks or so I'm swinging for the fences if I'm a GM.

62nd overall is criminal.

Honestly. I wanted the Habs to take him with our 2nd 1st or our 1st 2nd and am astounded we got him at 62.

Reactions: MeanMugging91

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Honestly. I wanted the Habs to take him with our 2nd 1st or our 1st 2nd and am astounded we got him at 62.

I went back to the thread when the draft happened couple weeks ago.

We wanted Kulich with the 26th pick. (Followed by Lambert) but Hutson name was already mentioned by poster.

I think this board could draft better than the habs and I'm serious.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
BU wins 5-1 against Western, advancing to the quarters, 1 win away from the Frozen Four.

Lane Hutson: 1 goal, 0 assist, 3 SOG. Team leading +3.

Will face the winner of Denver vs Cornell on the 25th.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
5,10 and 165 pounds now, he needs to put on more muscle up to 185 pounds at least..

He will need a protector to play with him ,, Reinbacher ??

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
5,10 and 165 pounds now, he needs to put on more muscle up to 185 pounds at least..

He will need a protector to play with him ,, Reinbacher ??

1679604572648.png

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
So Habs have basically drafted 2 top 10 pick with Slafkovsky and Hutson in 2022 draft.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I wonder what the Habs do here. I think he has been dominant enough as a freshman, but could maybe use another year in the weight room. Does he have a clear path to the NHL? If he’s going to be in Laval it would be better to stay at BU.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’d defenitly be exercising some caution with Hutson Habs fans. The question has been how will his game transition to the NHL.

Here is a good thread by someone really smart in the NHL scouting community.

Reactions: jj cale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad