LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hutson now has 47 pts in 36 games
Absolutely insane of a season

Who is the last player to have as good of a d+1 season (not NHL season)?

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
That's a wide net you are casting then...maybe Marner's 2015-16 with London? 116 points in 57 games and then 44 points in 18 playoff games.
Just focus on NCAA. The most point by a freshman defenseman is Brian Leetch. Hutson made the same amount of points in one less game and now hold the record.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That's a wide net you are casting then...maybe Marner's 2015-16 with London? 116 points in 57 games and then 44 points in 18 playoff games.

Nah, going 2 ppg is insane, but its been done numerous times in the recent past
Drouin, Dumais, and Debrincat did it in their d+1 and younger players such as Tavares, Bedard, McDavid, Lafreniere, etc. did it before even being drafted

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Kobe quote:
"When I have the chance to guard Michael Jordan, I want to guard him. I want him. It’s the ultimate challenge. I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.”

He didn't come and say "I am going to be as good as MJ."

MJ on Draft Day:
"I’m not looking forward to going in and trying to live up to everyone else’s expectations. I just want to go in and contribute the best way I could and I just look forward to whatever the coaches want."

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

You can be humble and still show confidence. To compare yourself to a 24 year old, >ppg player who already won a Norris, a Conn Smythe and Calder awards is a little soon for a guy who is the size of a 10 year old.
This is maybe the weirdest post I've read. I could probably find you 30 guys who've said they wanted to be the best player in the world and there's nothing wrong with that self confidence and ambition. Has nothing to do with arrogance...

Reactions: viceroy

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Hutson now has 47 pts in 36 games
Absolutely insane of a season

Who is the last player to have as good of a d+1 season (not NHL season)?

Boeser had 60 points in 42 games in his freshman years, there's been a few really good guys, but if you change the parameters to best defenseman you'll be in tough luck

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Kid is electric.

I attend every B.U. home game and a lot of the road games and watching Lane has been akin to the season of watching Jack Eichel. They way he shifts and escapes opponents is awesome. I was at TD Garden last night and his performance crowned his season. I will enjoy him while I can, and hopefully, B.U. will have NCAA success. The Hockey East tournament often coincides with St. Patrick's Day weekend, so Causeway Street was a zoo.

1679234860286.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad