LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Given the historic / record-breaking point production of Lane's season, coupled with his MVP performance in the conference finals, there is no question that Lane Hutson deserves the Hobey Baker. But he probably won't win it given the bias to older players.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Given the historic / record-breaking point production of Lane's season, coupled with his MVP performance in the conference finals, there is no question that Lane Hutson deserves the Hobey Baker. But he probably won't win it given the bias to older players.
The favourite’s are probably Adam Fantilli and Logan Cooley - both of whom are younger than Hutson.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I outraged half the habs board when I suggested having the first overall pick but picking the best player in the draft with your fourth selection.

I know, not likely, but fun to think about.

Well if that's true and you reverse the picks, then grabbing Slafkovsky in the 4th round is just as big a steal. Anyway you look at it, the habs did great.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
The whole Hobey Baker thing is a fun argument. And ooooooo yeah it would be sick to see Hutson grab it. Doesnt seem likely though. In reality, I dont really care. The skill level is obvious. Recognition from the league would be sick, dont think that should be a be all end all thing anyways though. Dont really care who gets it, media always messes these things up anyways.

2 unreal seasons in the NCAA from him and Farrell being (at the start of the season) backburner prospects as in not necessarily top 3-4. (I liked them both in the top 3-4), is such a cool thing.

The things this kid did this year is absolutely wild. One more year before turning pro id say, hes a special kid though. Insane how the Habs lucked out on this kid. Another example of ignoring outrageous skill cause of size. Not saying he should have been a top 10-15. But it really does make me wonder how the level of this kids IQ and skill didnt outweigh the size thing to put him atleast top 30.
-Also a fault of drafting out of the development league without getting to see them against men first but sheeeesh. Exciting

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Lane Hutson confirms he's 5'10

"I expect to grow a little bit more," he predicted. My brother (Quinn) is 5'11". I'm already at 5'10 and feeling great. When I jump on the ice, I find that we are all the same size.

“I gained a little weight. I weigh 164 lbs. I don't want to gain too much weight quickly and lose quickly. I have to be myself."

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Eichel had 26 goals and 71 pts in 40 games.
Fantili is pacing for 33 goals and 74 pts in 40 games.

So pretty much equal using the pace but Eichel actually did put 71 pts.

Eichel was also the leader at +51 and had a 10 pts lead over the 2nd place in pts . (which was his teammate)

Slight edge to Eichel for me but it's debatable.

Reactions: viceroy

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
His size will ultimately limit his effectiveness defensively, but we can hope he can improve like Hughes with the right D partner. Watching him in Habs prospect camp it's hard to imagine him not at least making it and being at worst a Gostisbehere.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So pretty much equal using the pace but Eichel actually did put 71 pts.

Eichel was also the leader at +51 and had a 10 pts lead over the 2nd place in pts . (which was his teammate)

Slight edge to Eichel for me but it's debatable.

Fantili has a 19 pts lead over the 2nd best scorer on his team

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His size will ultimately limit his effectiveness defensively, but we can hope he can improve like Hughes with the right D partner. Watching him in Habs prospect camp it's hard to imagine him not at least making it and being at worst a Gostisbehere.
He doesn't own the skating of Hughes though. Not even close.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Fantili has a 19 pts lead over the 2nd best scorer on his team
Maybe it wasn't clear but Eichel has 10 pts on his teammate who also 2nd in pts in the league. Fantilli has 6 pts.

1679501079369.png

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Eichel had 26 goals and 71 pts in 40 games.
Fantili is pacing for 33 goals and 74 pts in 40 games.

Engstrom is having a really good season as well.
Eichel did it in a much more difficult conference in a lower scoring era, with a less talented supporting cast. Hockey East is a much stronger conference than Big 10.

Eichel very easily had the better season. He had 27 more points than the next highest scorer in HE that wasn't his teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad