LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
IIHF listed him at 1.75/5’9” and 70/154 for the U20.

1.75 is 5 feet and 8.9 inches, so he’s grown since the combine, but he’s not become 5’10” since December.

Quinn Hughes was listed as 1.76/5’9” and 76/168 at the 2018 World Championships in May 2018.

It is possible he grew again in the last month. It's kinda random how that works.

Do keep in mind, Hutson growing isn't exactly shocking.

1675119980634.png

1675119996218.png

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Jesus Christ this kid lol
Leave him there another year. Another year at WJC. Let this kid just marinate down there for a while
Will be interesting to see how he does next year when the team's vets are gone and he has to step up while the new blood gets used to NCAA hockey.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Will be interesting to see how he does next year when the team's vets are gone and he has to step up while the new blood gets used to NCAA hockey.
He turned it up a notch when Fensore got injured for a few games. He doesn't look like it's even a factor for him. He just keep doing Lane Hutson things.
Jesus Christ this kid lol
Leave him there another year. Another year at WJC. Let this kid just marinate down there for a while
I think it should be up to him. If he wants to sign a NHL contract you give him a pen with glee in your eyes.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Just for my own sanity I'm expecting a downtick in production next year, but as long as the strength and skating improves there is nothing to worry about. He's already shown his vision is elite the past 2 years.

After last game he has a better PPG than Cooley and Snuggerud.

Reactions: waitin425

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Just for my own sanity I'm expecting a downtick in production next year, but as long as the strength and skating improves there is nothing to worry about. He's already shown his vision is elite the past 2 years.

His puck handling is elite along with his vision. I agree that his skating and strength are his only major issue but it is fixible.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Get him to the AHL sooner than later.Not going to learn the Pro game in NCAA.
Plus he Absolutely Must get Bigger And stronger.I don't want a player that has to be Sheltered Like Mete [Bust)on the Habs going forward.
If you feel he needs to get bigger and stronger, the last place you should put him is in the AHL as a teenager. That's a hard, grinding, physical league.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Get him to the AHL sooner than later.Not going to learn the Pro game in NCAA.
Plus he Absolutely Must get Bigger And stronger.I don't want a player that has to be Sheltered Like Mete [Bust)on the Habs going forward.
NCAA is the best place for physical development. They play less games, travel less and spend more time in the gym. One more season in college is the right choice. He is still has some growth yet
And will likely top out at 5-10 to5’11. No need to rush him to the AHL.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
For
If you feel he needs to get bigger and stronger, the last place you should put him is in the AHL as a teenager. That's a hard, grinding, physical league.
yeah it makes no sense to put him in the AHL. Jesus have some patience. Would love to see a full year in the NCAA and full year in the AHL if he’s even ready after his sophomore season.

Reactions: double5son10

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018

I absolutely love this response. I do think one more year after this year in the NCAA is best and then make the jump. But I honestly wouldnt expect much more production. Hes producing on absolutely ridiculous levels. To think he approves on that next year I think is unfair. He will produce at this rate, but he would need everyone around him to also get much better to improve on it.
I dont want him to spend another year in College to just dominate more. I want to grow the other parts of the game aswell as prepare for the Pro's at a much better age.
But he is. Stupid good at hockey.

Reactions: HabzSauce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad