LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Wanted this kid pretty bad late in the first last year, hid skill-set has always been absurd.

Habs got an absolute stud here due to the lagging stigma against smaller high skilled players.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hutson, Mailloux, Guhle, X, Harris, Kovacevik....and MORE prospects behind them. Matheson is the ancient man at 28.

Count on Edmy and Savard getting traded.

Reactions: waitin425

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hutson, Mailloux, Guhle, X, Harris, Kovacevik....and MORE prospects behind them. Matheson is the ancient man at 28.

Barron has been quite good. He deserves to be mentioned before Kavy whos already 25

we have 6 legit top young Ds with size and skill. We just need that true #1 from this draft or next and we can have one of the best D cores in the not so distant future

Reactions: HabsAddict

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

Hutson and Mailloux are a few years away. I’d say at least one more season in college and junior respectively. Maybe Mailloux in AHL if he’s eligible.

Barron has been quite good. He deserves to be mentioned before Kavy whos already 25

we have 6 legit top young Ds with size and skill. We just need that true #1 from this draft or next and we can have one of the best D cores in the not so distant future
Agreed and I don’t think Kovacevik is in the long term plans. I think he can be someone to trade at nexts years deadline as a depth piece to a contender. He’s been good but there are only 6 spots and lots of kids that need ice time already, and even more who will need ice time in 2 years at the start of the 2024-2025 season.

Reactions: Legend123

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Hutson and Mailloux are a few years away. I’d say at least one more season in college and junior respectively. Maybe Mailloux in AHL if he’s eligible.

Agreed and I don’t think Kovacevik is in the long term plans. I think he can be someone to trade at nexts years deadline as a depth piece to a contender. He’s been good but there are only 6 spots and lots of kids that need ice time already, and even more who will need ice time in 2 years at the start of the 2024-2025 season.

Mailloux can and will likely be jn the AHL next year.

Kovacevic is a solid bottom pairing guy if he stays cool if not it is what it is.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
We can all expect a career like Quinn Hughes. He is too talented to dont become a special player in NHL. He is already or soon a 5"10 defenseman like Hughes.. he have the same tools of Quinn Hughes.
Quinn Hughes is one of the best skaters in the world. I think Hutson is a better prospect than QH at the same age but I don't see the same tools.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Probably looking at next draft or a trade. This upcoming draft not a defenseman draft

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Guhle stopped existing? Hes a top 10 u21 D right now. He was literally playing as a number 1 in his first 25 games. If the Habs needs a 1D then so do basically all teams but Colorado and NYR.

• Haha
Reactions: Tryamkin

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Guhle stopped existing? Hes a top 10 u21 D right now. He was literally playing as a number 1 in his first 25 games. If the Habs needs a 1D then so do basically all teams but Colorado and NYR.
:laugh:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Name me ten u21 Ds that are better than him ? Ill wait.
This is called cherry picking to fit a narrative you’re trying to push.

Are there even 10 u21 defenders playing in the NHL this season???

Jesus….

Edit: There have only been 6 in the NHL this season haha
A098EECC-AE32-4105-B83B-87AC88E37B3B.jpeg

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
That I rather have? Pretty easily off the top of my head. Power, Seider, Drysdale, Sanderson, Hughes, Byram, Mintyukov, Korchinski, Edvinsson, Clarke, Nemec, Jiricek, Zellweger, Mateychuk and more if I cared enough to look.

Jesus….

Edit: There have only been 6 in the NHL this season hahaView attachment 646530
and I'd take every single one of those players over Guhle... easily.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Jesus….

Edit: There have only been 6 in the NHL this season hahaView attachment 646530
Did I say NHL?
That I rather have? Pretty easily off the top of my head. Power, Seider, Drysdale, Sanderson, Hughes, Byram, Mintyukov, Korchinski, Edvinsson, Clarke, Nemec, Jiricek, Zellweger, Mateychuk and more if I cared enough to look.

and I'd take every single one of those players over Guhle... easily.
Drysdale, Sanderson, Korchinski, Edcvinsson, clarke, Zellweger and Mateychuk are not better than Guhle, sorry. At best, you could debate it maybe, but no theres no easily.

I believed the same thing is you before he started playing in the NHL. I thought hed be a good 2nd pair d, thats what he showed me on most nights in the WHL anytime Id watch. Well shit, he looks like the best D ive seen as a Habs fan. He looks better than Subban did when he came in, better than Markov when he came in and honestly I dont see much difference betweem Weber and him aside from Webers first year. Well, aside from the fact that Guhles an A+ skater.

Pretty funny that theres 3 ducks that just slithered in there, wonder why.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Did I say NHL?

Drysdale, Sanderson, Korchinski, Edcvinsson, clarke, Zellweger and Mateychuk are not better than Guhle, sorry. At best, you could debate it maybe, but no theres no easily.

I believed the same thing is you before he started playing in the NHL. I thought hed be a good 2nd pair d, thats what he showed me on most nights in the WHL anytime Id watch. Well shit, he looks like the best D ive seen as a Habs fan. He looks better than Subban did when he came in, better than Markov when he came in and honestly I dont see much difference betweem Weber and him aside from Webers first year. Well, aside from the fact that Guhles an A+ skater.

Pretty funny that theres 3 ducks that just slithered in there, wonder why.
There's 3 Duck players in there because they have 3 defensive prospects better than Guhle. How can anyone take you serious when you post things like this?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Seider, Power, Sanderson, Schneider, Drysdale in the NHL.

Prospect-wise: Jiricek, Nemec, LHughes, Edvinsson, Clarke, with maybe to Mintyukov/Korchinski/Mateychuk from last year all come to mind.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Seider, Power, Sanderson, Schneider, Drysdale in the NHL.

Prospect-wise: Jiricek, Nemec, LHughes, Edvinsson, Clarke, with maybe to Mintyukov/Korchinski/Mateychuk from last year all come to mind.
Schneider? Come on. That is ludicrous.

Tell me what Sanderson does better than Guhle, please. I really wonder.

Jiricek, Nemec, Power, Seider, I 100% agree. Id have Mintyukov there too, but realize hes less proven.

Even so, you realise that very little of these guys create actual separation? Maybe its not lol-worthy that Guhles that good.

Its a shame (and not, for our pick) that he got injured because I feel like hes very underrated, mostly because he had an insane growth in his game in the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad