LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
He has like 12 games played and already looks way too strong for his league out there. If he keeps it up his height isn't going to stop him.

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like this kid may not be getting enough hype, I know he's small but he is demloshing the goal totals of other D+1 Dmen and putting up similar/better points per game in the NCAA that went on to become stars.

In 12 games he has the same amount of goals as Adam Fox did in his entire D+1 season (pretty sure that was the old record)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Caufield all over again it looks like, early returns are positive but their will be doubters until he gets to the show. Excited to see him in the WJC soon
Caufield was definitely more accepted as a forward - yes he probably should have gone top-5 at the time - but Hutson fell Damn well into the 3rd round.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Caufield was definitely more accepted as a forward - yes he probably should have gone top-5 at the time - but Hutson fell Damn well into the 3rd round.
Yeah I remember at the draft Bergevin saying he spoke with Caufields agent the night before the draft and they we're convinced he was going top 10 based on feedback from the teams. Fell all the way too 15.

Hutson though made a touch more sense given his size on D. Will see how he does at camp and the WJC next as well

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Will he be a Franchise dman like Adam Fox or Quinn Hughes? Probably not.

But he has that x-factor about him. Special qualities in his game. With the right development can see him being a star dman. Homerun pick IMO.

Reactions: MoneyManny

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I feel like this kid may not be getting enough hype, I know he's small but he is demloshing the goal totals of other D+1 Dmen and putting up similar/better points per game in the NCAA that went on to become stars.

In 12 games he has the same amount of goals as Adam Fox did in his entire D+1 season (pretty sure that was the old record)
Luke Hughes scored 17 goals in his D+1

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
As a Devil fan, I'm sure Seamus Casey will be compared to Lane Hutson for quite some time. It's hard to believe Casey hasn't been the best true freshman with 14 points in 14 games but Lane has been even better.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
As a Devil fan, I'm sure Seamus Casey will be compared to Lane Hutson for quite some time. It's hard to believe Casey hasn't been the best true freshman with 14 points in 14 games but Lane has been even better.
Crazy how awesome the Devils prospect pool is paired with how well they are playing. Truly wish Habs can replicate a part of this turnaround.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Caufield's game had no hole. He played the game the right way in every aspects, his skating was phenomenal, he already had shoulders like bowling balls. Hutson skating in straight lines and backward needs a lot of work, he's also very frail.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Caufield's game had no hole. He played the game the right way in every aspects, his skating was phenomenal, he already had shoulders like bowling balls. Hutson skating in straight lines and backward needs a lot of work, he's also very frail.

Caufield's skating was good, but it wasn't phenomenal. He had great edges but lacked high-end speed/acceleration. He was also 5'7 and 163 lbs when drafted.
He improved his speed and is now much bigger and stronger at 174 lbs.

Hutson pretty much needs to make the same kind of improvements.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He needs to calm down his upper body when in full stride. Once he does and focuses more power on lower body, his speed will automatically improve
That's true.

His arms are moving so much while trying to gain speed. I guess he'll have to get his legs stronger so all the power can come from there naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad