LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1670258439526.png

Hutson said he's 5'9 161 lbs

• Wow
Reactions: Gravity

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm really liking Lane's offensive game these last few games. The placement and timing of his passes are elite, his shot is underrated and he gets it through like it's nobody's business; Hutson also dekes and feints at a sky-high level and I have come to really appreciate how he seems to generally be in the right position defensively to be efficient.

That said, Hutson clearly still must improve his skating, get stronger physically, and refine his defensive game in the coming years if he wants to cement himself as something close to a blue-chip prospect, nevermind the way-premature Makar comparisons.

I know, it's hard to contain excitement/hype after the start Hutson has had offensively as a true freshman in the NCAA. But the kid still requires a lot of reps and refinement before he's anywhere close to NHL-ready, and so we should pump the brakes a bit and let him develop a lot more before we try and rush him into the NHL.

Anyways, cheers. And have a good night.

Nov 9, 2022
I'm really liking Lane's offensive game these last few games. The placement and timing of his passes are elite, his shot is underrated and he gets it through like it's nobody's business; Hutson also dekes and feints at a sky-high level and I have come to really appreciate how he seems to generally be in the right position defensively to be efficient.

That said, Hutson clearly still must improve his skating, get stronger physically, and refine his defensive game in the coming years if he wants to cement himself as something close to a blue-chip prospect, nevermind the way-premature Makar comparisons.

I know, it's hard to contain excitement/hype after the start Hutson has had offensively as a true freshman in the NCAA. But the kid still requires a lot of reps and refinement before he's anywhere close to NHL-ready, and so we should pump the brakes a bit and let him develop a lot more before we try and rush him into the NHL.

Just let us have fun, OK!?

(You're right about everything)

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

No.

Cale Makar walked so that Lane Hutson could run

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My mother (RIP) would of made sure he hit 200 pounds....

I'm not sure how his game is going to translate to the NHL. He's going to be hammered like nobody's business UNLESS the refs do their job. Otherwise we will need a few more X level and unhinged fighters to makes sure he and CC are not constant targets.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I stood next to him pregame at the BU - UConn game a few nights ago.

I am 5'9 and he is shorter than me so the people claiming 5'10 are wrong. The 5'8 on eliteprospects seems like the correct height, even if maybe slightly stretching it. Kid is miniscule.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I stood next to him pregame at the BU - UConn game a few nights ago.

I am 5'9 and he is shorter than me so the people claiming 5'10 are wrong. The 5'8 on eliteprospects seems like the correct height, even if maybe slightly stretching it. Kid is miniscule.
I’ve never seen people saying he was 5’10.

He was measured at 5’8.5 at the combine this summer

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Would he be smallest defenseman to ever play in NHL?
Depends how you define small. This guy was 5'7:

Also, I'd imagine teams beef up heights and weights once players hit the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad