LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Depends how you define small. This guy was 5'7:

Also, I'd imagine teams beef up heights and weights once players hit the NHL.
Siltanen went onto good career back then league was more rugged

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
First time he's looked like himself in the tournament. Part of that is being an 18 year old defenseman, but also probably feeling confident now that he's settled into the rhythm, too.

Reactions: montreal

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Silly comment. No two players are the same
They aren't remotely close. He is a second chance Ty Smith, let's see if Montreal can develop him properly.

Edit: I've seen someone say Torey Krug, also a good comparison. He would need to gain 30 pounds to get to Krug's weight/BMI

Last edited:

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
They aren't remotely close. He is a second chance Ty Smith, let's see if Montreal can develop him properly.

Edit: I've seen someone say Torey Krug, also a good comparison. He would need to gain 30 pounds to get to Krug's weight/BMI
Have you watched Ty Smith or Torey Krug play? Neither plays anything like Lane Hutson, heck they play nothing like each other.... stylistic comparison is way off, height/size is the only similarity between these 3. Quit stat watching man.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
One of the best distributors of the puck I’ve ever seen.

He uses his size to his advantage(yes I said it) his quick twitch change of direction ability to create passing lanes is elite. Coupled with incredible processing ability and instincts.

If he ever gets some man strength in a few years around 22-23 yrs old and gives himself a chance to be heavier on pucks defensively, he in my opinion due to his intangibles will be a legit NHL’er

He’s an outlet pass machine and fantastic creator of offense at the blue line.

I love how he uses his skating and distributing ability to make others better, rather than using his skating and skill to just rush the puck up 1v4 and throw prayers at the net without traffic(looking at u Nick Leddy lmao)

Patience will be key for him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He's had moments for sure but his real showcase won't come until next year's WJC. He's not even the most important 5-10 or under, second round pick defenseman on his own team right now.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He's had moments for sure but his real showcase won't come until next year's WJC. He's not even the most important 5-10 or under, second round pick defenseman on his own team right now.
u watch any of his BU games? He's been pretty ridiculous. But yes agree, he's gonna light it up next wjc. His breakout and transition passing this WJC was sick tho, didn't always result in a reward for him, but it was very noticeable

Reactions: montreal

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
u watch any of his BU games? He's been pretty ridiculous. But yes agree, he's gonna light it up next wjc. His breakout and transition passing this WJC was sick tho, didn't always result in a reward for him, but it was very noticeable
Oh yeah he will explode next years tourney, just saying his usage this year is in line with an 18 year-old blueliner on a top team. He’s shown his skill for sure.

Really hope guys like Cooley and Snug stay in school for a second season and that we can see the full array of that USNTDP ‘04 class in a year (including a healthy Nazar) because it could be incredible.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Oh yeah he will explode next years tourney, just saying his usage this year is in line with an 18 year-old blueliner on a top team. He’s shown his skill for sure.

Really hope guys like Cooley and Snug stay in school for a second season and that we can see the full array of that USNTDP ‘04 class in a year (including a healthy Nazar) because it could be incredible.
Agreed, I think snugg is gonna sign in STL personally, but for the betterment of his overall development I hope he stays for that 2nd year as well. I think for high end players like those guys, the two year college route is the ideal development path. (Hutson I think is gonna be a minimum 3 for obvious reasons tho)

Man imagine how nasty this years team would be if samoskevich and coronato were born a couple months later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad