LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I can't find a drafted defenceman who only spent 1 year in College the last few years.

Makar, Power, Fox, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hughes (both of them) all spent 2-3 years in College. So that should continue here.
Agreed - it’s important for Hutson to continue to learn how to defend against bigger and stronger players.
I think 3 years will be the be the perfect amount of time spent in College - similar to Adam Fox.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
I can't find a drafted defenceman who only spent 1 year in College the last few years.

Makar, Power, Fox, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hughes (both of them) all spent 2-3 years in College. So that should continue here.

Ya would have to go back pretty far. Trouba played one year at Michigan. Hanifin played one year as well but of course was in his draft year.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If he can get to 5'10''/5'11'' in terms of reach and fill out/get St.Louis built, watch out.

Reactions: montreal

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If he can get to 5'10''/5'11'' in terms of reach and fill out/get St.Louis built, watch out.
It’s been discussed at nausium in this thread - but his older brother is already 5’11.
I don’t understand how teams saw what Makar had just done in the playoffs, saw this kid play and thought to themselves, nope - not even worth a late first.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If someone told me this kid was a Elite NHL prospect - I simply wouldn’t believe them.

View attachment 601574

Did you see him at the NHL awards? I think they made a joke about his appearance on the show. Lane looks like he’s 12, but he’s a complete beast.

Cole looks pretty similar. For Habs fans, his younger brother Cole Hutson, not Goal Caufield. Don’t want to get this confused.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s been discussed at nausium in this thread - but his older brother is already 5’11.
I don’t understand how teams saw what Makar had just done in the playoffs, saw this kid play and thought to themselves, nope - not even worth a late first.

As much as I like his game, I would say he’s more Girard, which is definitely worth a late first.

I don’t think though he has the same speed as Makar. Makar is an elite skater.

I wouldn’t compare him to Quinn Hughes either, who is also an elite skater.

I think Hutson is a good/very good skater, but I don’t think when he’s in the NHL he’ll be in the top 5 defensemen people talk about when they talk about defensemen skating the way it’s done now for Makar and Hughes.

Reactions: malcb33

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Hes 5 foot 9 on hockey db
His teammate, Dominic fensore, another defenseman, is 5 foot 7!!!!

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
As much as I like his game, I would say he’s more Girard, which is definitely worth a late first.

I don’t think though he has the same speed as Makar. Makar is an elite skater.

I wouldn’t compare him to Quinn Hughes either, who is also an elite skater.

I think Hutson is a good/very good skater, but I don’t think when he’s in the NHL he’ll be in the top 5 defensemen people talk about when they talk about defensemen skating the way it’s done now for Makar and Hughes.
Depends on what type of skating we‘re talking about here.

I agree He doesn’t have elite, top end speed, or maybe even acceleration of a Hughes, it‘s great don’t get me wrong but If I were to talk about Hutson’s “Elite Skating” I would be refering mostly to his egdework - his edgework on the blue line is only rivaled by that of one prospect I have ever covered - Cale Makar.

He is so deceptive with it from the point - So many times have I watched him skate up one of the wings after getting possesion of the puck at the point, shielding the puck alongside a defender and all the sudden he’ll hit the brakes turn around and is off the other direction before the defender even realizes what happened.

That ability is so rare to find in todays NHL and it allows so many more possibilities for an NHL offence to work with once possession is gained in the offensive zone and Hutson is on the ice.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Why? Im saying the dman who is over a point per game as a rookie in the NCAA plays 1 more NCAA season after this one. Then he turns pro, I'd say AHL for the year then NHL the year after.

He'd make the NHL at 21-22, that seems reasonable
Ohh I thought you said he turns pro/go NHL after this season …i may have misunderstood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad