LD K'Andre Miller (2018, 22nd, NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Already surpassed Ryan McDonagh's freshman production at Wisconsin of 12 pts in 40 games, and is one point shy of his sophomore production (16 pts in 36 games)

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Already surpassed Ryan McDonagh's freshman production at Wisconsin of 12 pts in 40 games, and is one point shy of his sophomore production (16 pts in 36 games)
Ryan McDonagh went from brutal offensively at virtually every level, to a 40-45 point player in the NHL.

Just goes to show that none of this matters and hockey is just an elaborate practical joke.

But I'm happy about this start.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Goal and 3 assists (1 primary and 2 secondary) so far tonight with about 5 minutes left

Here’s his goal:

Edit: Missed an assist, had a 4 point night
That is a beautiful goal he scored last night. I'm probably being a homer but haven't been this excited about a prospect in a long time.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wonder if Miller stays in WI for another season, or if this is it?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

No sense in turning pro. If a player chooses the college route, they should stay there until they are close to NHL ready. Why uproot your development so quickly when its going well?

He's not going to be on the NHL team next season, and Wisconsin is going to be very good next season bringing in maybe the two best recruits in the country, Turcotte and Caufield. They might be a contender for the National title, so being the 1D for a National title run could be very good for his development.

The Rangers also have an abundance of left-shots in the system, and unless there is some unexpected roster move, I don't know that any of them are going to be on the NHL team to start next season. To avoid having Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Crawley, Miller and Day all competing for the same spots in the AHL, it would help the organization out if Miller could get his development elsewhere for another year. Left shots can play on the right side, but I think its probably best to not have all your left-shot prospects on the same team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, team needs factor into it, but if a player is dominating at a level he is going to want to move on. Would be great if he stayed around for another year at WI to get the program going again.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Nice to see Miller doing so well, him or Kaut (preferred Miller quite comfortably) were the two players I were hoping would fall to the Leafs pick- and in hindsight, it wasn't even close. Really great combination of physical tools and skill. I still think he needs some time to reconcile those but his attributes are showing today. I still think he has a lot work on defensively though, but with his skills and tool-set on the other end, there's already niche for him in a offensive role exclusively.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No sense in turning pro. If a player chooses the college route, they should stay there until they are close to NHL ready. Why uproot your development so quickly when its going well?

He's not going to be on the NHL team next season, and Wisconsin is going to be very good next season bringing in maybe the two best recruits in the country, Turcotte and Caufield. They might be a contender for the National title, so being the 1D for a National title run could be very good for his development.

The Rangers also have an abundance of left-shots in the system, and unless there is some unexpected roster move, I don't know that any of them are going to be on the NHL team to start next season. To avoid having Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Crawley, Miller and Day all competing for the same spots in the AHL, it would help the organization out if Miller could get his development elsewhere for another year. Left shots can play on the right side, but I think its probably best to not have all your left-shot prospects on the same team.

They would make room for Miller. My guess is at least one of those guys will be in the NHL next year.

If his play warrants a promotion, then he should be promoted. Its still too early to discuss this, but we'll see where the rest of the season takes him.

BTW, some of us have been waiting to hear from you in the Miller thread on our board :popcorn:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I’ve watched most of Wisconsin’s games this season and I think he’ll definitely need another year, maybe 2 before he makes the jump to the pros. That’s not to say he’s been bad or anything, he’s been way better than I expected him to be (and from game 1). He’s still pretty raw and I think the best thing for him would be to just keep getting reps and loads of ice time. I was worried about him going to Wisconsin because there’s been defensemen that have gone there and been kept in strictly offensive or defensive roles, but so far they’ve been rolling Miller out in every situation possible and succeeding for the most part, so I think he’s in a really good spot where he is

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Nice to see Miller doing so well, him or Kaut (preferred Miller quite comfortably) were the two players I were hoping would fall to the Leafs pick- and in hindsight, it wasn't even close. Really great combination of physical tools and skill. I still think he needs some time to reconcile those but his attributes are showing today. I still think he has a lot work on defensively though, but with his skills and tool-set on the other end, there's already niche for him in a offensive role exclusively.
Millers been pretty solid defensively for the most part. Only issue is positional errors but it’s completely understandable considering he turned defenseman only 2-3 years ago. His stick work and his ability to step up at the blue line is good to see as that’s what the Rangers have been preaching
I really doubt he’s ready to turn pro next year though and we really don’t have a need to rush him with a bit of a logjam at defense (currently have Skjei, Staal, Smith, Claesson in the NHL and Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, maybe even Bigras are all NHL ready after this year)
We can afford to take our time with him and we should, he’s still pretty raw and lanky, also has to adjust more to being a defenseman

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad