LD K'Andre Miller (2018, 22nd, NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Bright future ahead of him but his game lacks some Jam, not the most intense player out there... shows flashes of it tho... just not hard to play against right now but he'll get there!

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Is he smart enough for a 2nd pairing?

He is smart enough to learn. All he needs is repetition and getting used to the position. He is the type of player that needs to be thrown in every situation so he can learn from it.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
How come black athletes who play sports/positions typically occupied by white players, always run into the "smart enough' criticism? In the NFL it's QB's.....A lot of players aren't smart enough to play professional sports but it seems to get pointed out a lot when it's black player.
Racism I think is the simple answer.

I’m not saying this is the case with posters commenting on Miller’s IQ but it’s good you called out this behavior in general as it’s far more often for black players to have their sporting IQ questioned that white players.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
How come black athletes who play sports/positions typically occupied by white players, always run into the "smart enough' criticism? In the NFL it's QB's.....A lot of players aren't smart enough to play professional sports but it seems to get pointed out a lot when it's black player.

Here we go. Can't escape the "Whataboutizm" anywhere can we?

Has anyone ever said that about Kevin Weekes, PK Subban, Devante Smith-Pelly or George Larque? All of whom have excelled in the roles their skills put them in and are all intelligent people.

No. They haven't

Please enlighten us to how this is a rampant problem in the NHL.

K'Andre isn't not "smart enough" in the sense you took it. And actually, the OP made the wrong or inexperienced assessment of a player who is relatively new to his position and is literally learning it on the fly every season as his skill forces him into newer tiers of competition and speed at which it is played.

So the anwser is NO to you.
And NO to the OP you were (wrong on your part) offended by.

Maybe you should inform yourself of the term "Hockey IQ" and how it is the next career progression that separates AHL Allstars from Bottom 6 NHL'ers.

Last edited:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Racism I think is the simple answer.

I’m not saying this is the case with posters commenting on Miller’s IQ but it’s good you called out this behavior in general as it’s far more often for black players to have their sporting IQ questioned that white players.

And follows the Pity Parade

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad