LD K'Andre Miller (2018, 22nd, NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Byfuglien was an incredible athlete. He averaged over 24 min/game for the last 9 years of his career.

You are greatly underestimating how athletic and fit Byfuglien was to be able to play so many minutes as a big guy while still being so productive offensively.

I also think you are greatly underestimating how talented Byfuglien was. He was an All-Star multiple times and finished in the top 15 for Norris multiple years and here you are already saying that Miller (with a grand total of two games played) is infinitely more talented in every other area than offensve than Byfuglien.

Byfuglien had his warts but he was wildly effective and the whole fat and out of shape stuff goes against how incredibly productive he was and how many minutes he ate while playing at a high level.

Dustin was a terrible defender. Don't pull revisionist history here. We all know defense means absolutely nothing for Norris trophies that look at offensive production primarily so don't throw that top 15 nonsense on me. K'Andre may bust or he may be a star or he may be mediocre but he has more potential as a defender than Byfuglien ever did.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wondering if he is going to be another Zadorov. A player who can play really well for short stretches but overall never seems to play at the level of his ability.

I don't really understand why HF seems to take the most negative stance when it comes to him. The kid has been very promising, but no he'll never play up to his abilities. Maybe if he were drafted by the Habs he'd be considered a good prospect.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As a devils fan , this is not looking good :sarcasm:.
The kid is playing good so far and has the build and athleticism to be great.....
I just hope our simulator project Shakir Mukhamadullin can keep pace and join him in the NHL in a year or two. We will need him to help deal with Miller

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Miller got his first point and almost had a couple more. The guy is a stud. 4 games in and he's our second best defenseman. And our D corps isn't great but it's not a result of that. He's been insanely impressive. I was excited for Alexis and meanwhile Miller has stolen the show.

In case people still take Pavel Buchnevich (the poster) seriously he compared him to Sean Day, I believe.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Miller got his first point and almost had a couple more. The guy is a stud. 4 games in and he's our second best defenseman. And our D corps isn't great but it's not a result of that. He's been insanely impressive. I was excited for Alexis and meanwhile Miller has stolen the show.

In case people still take Pavel Buchnevich (the poster) seriously he compared him to Sean Day, I believe.

Poster PB is as good at evaluating defensemen as Jack Johnson is at being a defenseman.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Could have had 3 points easily tonight. He's so quick and decisive with the puck but when he needs to skate with the puck he can. You're right if it wasn't for Fox he would be the best Ranger thru 4 games.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Been playing some incredible hockey. He looks like an entirely different player than he was a year ago at the WJCs. Would love for him to be a part of the top pair for the next 8 years.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll keep bumping this thread up since he's been a complete stud. The Rangers' have been good defensively this year, their record is all due to terrible offense and goaltending. And Miller has been easily the second best player on the D and probably the second best player on the team, after Fox.

Of course he's 120 votes to 16 worse than Alexander "Bobby Orr" Romanov.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'll keep bumping this thread up since he's been a complete stud. The Rangers' have been good defensively this year, their record is all due to terrible offense and goaltending. And Miller has been easily the second best player on the D and probably the second best player on the team, after Fox.

Of course he's 120 votes to 16 worse than Alexander "Bobby Orr" Romanov.

We've got a lot of bipolar fans, don't let it get to you.

That said, I still think Rom's a better prospect than Miller at this point in time.

But he shouldn't be winning 120-16. I'd buy 75-61, but any more than that and it's inaccurate.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We've got a lot of bipolar fans, don't let it get to you.

That said, I still think Rom's a better prospect than Miller at this point in time.

But he shouldn't be winning 120-16. I'd buy 75-61, but any more than that and it's inaccurate.

I'm still waiting for the negative pole. :razz:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
When the team eventually loses a couple games in a row you'll see them. The beauty and curse of bipolarity, with its ebbs and flows.

Anyways, so as not to derail this thread I'll just say that I hope Miller continues playing well for you guys.

Thanks and I don't really think it's the Canadians fans per se. There are only so many Canadians fans but their prospects get more hype than prospects of most other teams so you see results like that.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I don’t know his ceiling but have seen like 5 games from him this year. His big body and ability to read the game reminds me from Hedman. That reach speed and smarts combo is something to look for. Offensively I don’t expect anything special but defensively I see faster Lindell who will be a nightmare to play against.

Would be awesome to see defensive d to win calder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad