LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Added 3 points tonight so make that 16 points in 10 games now.

Considering that we're talking about a 13 year old defender playing against up to almost 3 years older players at U16s, That's just so nuts*, it makes you kinda speechless.

Last edited:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Considering that we're talking about a 13 year old defender playing against up to almost 3 years older players at U16s, That's just so nuts*, it makes you kinda speechless.
He seems like absolutely one of the most talented hockey players there has ever been at his age. It’s hard to not get extremely excited about him, although it’s still very good to remember that development for this young players can be very weird sometimes. Still it’s hard to think that he wouldn’t become at least a good player when he has grown up. The talent is absolutely amazing.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He seems like absolutely one of the most talented hockey players there has ever been at his age. It’s hard to not get extremely excited about him, although it’s still very good to remember that development for this young players can be very weird sometimes. Still it’s hard to think that he wouldn’t become at least a good player when he has grown up. The talent is absolutely amazing.
And good to remember he still is a really small guy. He isn't beating anyone with size, but with skill and speed.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
And good to remember he still is a really small guy. He isn't beating anyone with size, but with skill and speed.
TBH, not even that small. Pretty good size for his age group overall. Was watching him play in a 06 tournament last January or something and he actually had very good size for the age group. Although at the u-16 level he of course is one of the smaller players on the ice, but the situation is a lot better now than it was like 2 years ago when he was clearly smaller than every other player he played with.

You kind of have to wonder whether he'll be on the national team next year as an underager, Kiviharju's outscoring national team teammates like Robin Keihäs, who even is a forward. Elmeri Laakso's pace is a bit better on the same team(Kiviharju 16p in 10gp, Laakso 7p in 4gp) and he's a national team defenseman, too. One of the top ones for the age group.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
TBH, not even that small. Pretty good size for his age group overall. Was watching him play in a 06 tournament last January or something and he actually had very good size for the age group. Although at the u-16 level he of course is one of the smaller players on the ice, but the situation is a lot better now than it was like 2 years ago when he was clearly smaller than every other player he played with.

You kind of have to wonder whether he'll be on the national team next year as an underager, Kiviharju's outscoring national team teammates like Robin Keihäs, who even is a forward.
This is in fact what I thought also. His father sure is quite short, but seems at least so far that Aron has been lately growing quite well. Do you btw happen to know what are his accurate measurements at the moment and what would be approximately the averages for his age group?

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

You kind of have to wonder whether he'll be on the national team next year as an underager, Kiviharju's outscoring national team teammates like Robin Keihäs, who even is a forward. Elmeri Laakso's pace is a bit better on the same team(Kiviharju 16p in 10gp, Laakso 7p in 4gp) and he's a national team defenseman, too. One of the top ones for the age group.
I didn't mean his age group, just the league and the size of the players there. I don't know a thing about this age group.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
For those interested in such trivial things, I am in a deep keeper league in which any person can be drafted. We have had some young players taken before, but Aron Kiviharju was drafted in our league yesterday to be among the youngest. Here's the kicker, though: He was drafted 10th overall -- not in the latter stages of our seven-round draft as has often been the case. EDIT: He was not the only 2024 player taken. Catton Berkly of Saskatchewan was also taken, albeit in the 7th round.

Last edited:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Looking at stats from that league and find Granlund at the same age did 25 points in 11 games. And you think wow, Granlund was really looked as a superstar talent back when he was young, and you think this kid is crazy good. Then you remember he is a defender as well.... Craaazy

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looking at stats from that league and find Granlund at the same age did 25 points in 11 games. And you think wow, Granlund was really looked as a superstar talent back when he was young, and you think this kid is crazy good. Then you remember he is a defender as well.... Craaazy
Let's remember the league back then was far weaker than it is right now. Also, the Q system was different from how it is right now. But yeah, doubling the scoring of Joakim Kemell at the equivalent age, for example.

Wonder if he'll get an invite to the national team camp this winter.

Reactions: Svedu and fr9dd9

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Let's remember the league back then was far weaker than it is right now. Also, the Q system was different from how it is right now. But yeah, doubling the scoring of Joakim Kemell at the equivalent age, for example.

Wonder if he'll get an invite to the national team camp this winter.
How so? Are there fewer teams now than there used to be?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How so? Are there fewer teams now than there used to be?
Well, mainly there were far fewer games. Not sure about the exact format because Finnish hockey isn't very good at keeping past records. Mainly would be interesting to know how many of the teams they were playing vs were actually decent, aka not Mestis teams.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
After 2 points in today's game, now has 21 points in 12 games. As mentioned before, all-time record's by Mikael Granlund with 25 points in 11 games.

While both the goal and assist today were pretty nice plays and certainly earned, what caught my attention was this sequence involving two scoring chance passes:

Especially the first one reminded me of that famous play by the Sedin twins.

edit: Ew why does HFB embed have such disgusting porridge quality? The actual streamable link's fine. streamable.com/mdr5f

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
For those interested in such trivial things, I am in a deep keeper league in which any person can be drafted. We have had some young players taken before, but Aron Kiviharju was drafted in our league yesterday to be among the youngest. Here's the kicker, though: He was drafted 10th overall -- not in the latter stages of our seven-round draft as has often been the case. EDIT: He was not the only 2024 player taken. Catton Berkly of Saskatchewan was also taken, albeit in the 7th round.

He also looks like another player to keep an eye on going forward.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Screenshot_20191029-214730_Chrome.jpg

This is so rare.. He is two years younger then the average kid in this u18 elite team and as a defender its just so rare if I remember correctly.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
After 2 points in today's game, now has 21 points in 12 games. As mentioned before, all-time record's by Mikael Granlund with 25 points in 11 games.

While both the goal and assist today were pretty nice plays and certainly earned, what caught my attention was this sequence involving two scoring chance passes:

Especially the first one reminded me of that famous play by the Sedin twins.

edit: Ew why does HFB embed have such disgusting porridge quality? The actual streamable link's fine. streamable.com/mdr5f

You haven't confirmed nor denied that this is your son and you're basically the Finnish Paul Marner

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
View attachment 270507

This is so rare.. He is two years younger then the average kid in this u18 elite team and as a defender its just so rare if I remember correctly.

Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it. This kid is going to special and at the moment he's #1 on my list of the pipeline of prospects coming out of the country, ahead of Lambert (#2) and Räty (#3).
It's his physique that'll be dictating how great he can become once playing in the NHL. As long as he breaks the 6"0 barrier I'm pleased, but of course I hope he grows up to being even taller and ends up with a strong core & good frame on top of things. If his trajectory stays the same, he could be one of the youngest if not the youngest to ever play in the FEL.

Would someone happen to have his current measurements by the way?

Reactions: Svedu and fr9dd9

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada

He was drafted in one of my leagues in Augest although it was in the 2nd rd. I drafted Savior 2 years ago so i think that would he the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad