LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I can't believe he is still too young to play in Pohjola camp..
This is something I've been wondering. So there is an age limit, huh? As his teammate Max Kaituri made the team at least for now, and Kiviharju completely outplayed Kaituri, being the 1st pairing defenseman at C-juniors as a triple underager while Max Kaituri was on the 3rd pairing, Kiviharju's scoring pace also nearly tripled Kaituri's.

Interesting, 13 points in 5 games now. More than doubling the scoring of the next defenseman. Alex Holtz scored 18 points in 8 games in the same tournament, while being a year older. And a forward, of course. Not very many comparables, it seems. This Finnish 05 age group looks very strong, though. And they don't even have Emil Järventie.

Jesse Puljujärvi has the scoring record for the Finnish C-juniors as a double underager, with 34 points in 23 games, or 41 in 30 including Q. Should absolutely crush that next season.

Oh I'll also note one thing. Listed height is 168cm, which is around 5'6". Predictions would have his adult weight around 5'11"-6'0", which I'd hope he reaches. If he could gain some 5cm more during the summer then he'd be more than set for next season physically. And it'd be the first time since the record-breaking season 3 years ago that he doesn't have an enormous developmental disadvantage, physically.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This is something I've been wondering. So there is an age limit, huh? As his teammate Max Kaituri made the team at least for now, and Kiviharju completely outplayed Kaituri, being the 1st pairing defenseman at C-juniors as a triple underager while Max Kaituri was on the 3rd pairing, Kiviharju's scoring pace also nearly tripled Kaituri's.

Interesting, 13 points in 5 games now. More than doubling the scoring of the next defenseman. Alex Holtz scored 18 points in 8 games in the same tournament, while being a year older. And a forward, of course. Not very many comparables, it seems. This Finnish 05 age group looks very strong, though. And they don't even have Emil Järventie.

Jesse Puljujärvi has the scoring record for the Finnish C-juniors as a double underager, with 34 points in 23 games, or 41 in 30 including Q. Should absolutely crush that next season.

Oh I'll also note one thing. Listed height is 168cm, which is around 5'6". Predictions would have his adult weight around 5'11"-6'0", which I'd hope he reaches. If he could gain some 5cm more during the summer then he'd be more than set for next season physically. And it'd be the first time since the record-breaking season 3 years ago that he doesn't have an enormous developmental disadvantage, physically.
I think there is an age limit (or more like a birth year limit) based on all the years before. I think Kiviharju should be there with the '05 group but I don't think he will..

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kiviharju_Aron_170_PLAY_medium.png

Updated : 5 foot 5 / 134 lbs | 168 cm / 60 kg (according to WSI), number: 11, from: Raisio, Finland

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He was the only 2006 skater in the tournament, 1 Latvian goalie was the only other 2006 born player in the tournament.
(who is almost a year younger what Kiviharju)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He was in the WSI U12 for 3 years in a row, as a 9 year old, 10 year old and a 11 year old,
played in the both WSI U12&U13 teams last year lol. Has been the Captain 2 years in a row.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Interesting to see what he can do vs U15 selects teams next year.

Unfortunately, Finland do not have U15 team in the WSI at the moment :( (haven't had in years)
as a 2006 he can still enter the U14 tournament next year, not sure how much challenge that be for him thou
maybe he can be picked by another U15 selects team? i dunno the rules thou

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Interesting to see what he can do vs U15 selects teams next year.

Unfortunately, Finland do not have U15 team in the WSI at the moment :( (haven't had in years)
as a 2006 he can still enter the U14 tournament next year, not sure how much challenge that be for him thou
maybe he can be picked by another U15 selects team? i dunno the rules thou
Finland had a U15 select team for the 00s if I recall? Was that the last time?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Finland doesn't do u15 select tournaments because they have the Vierumäki camp for the next season's u-16 national team at the same time, where those players will be.

If he's not on the u16 national team for 20-21 as an underager I'll be shocked. He should be the best player on the team by far.
Kiviharju_Aron_170_PLAY_medium.png

Updated : 5 foot 5 / 134 lbs | 168 cm / 60 kg (according to WSI), number: 11, from: Raisio, Finland
168cm isn't 5 foot 5. 168cm is 5 foot 6. So 3 inches this past year. Also, he's bigger than all but like 3 players on the Finnish WSI 2006 team, or his age group. So he's not that small, really. Hoping for like 5'11" eventually.

BTW, with that haircut, looks like his dad:
Kiviharju_Jani_183_COACH_medium.png

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
He has played all first 4 games in C-Sm sarja Q so far and has scored points in every game. 1+4=5 and is fourth in scoring and highest scoring D-man in his team. Can anyone tell (f.ex @ijuka) how has he looked overall?

Does he have a shot at making U-18 liiga as soon as next ssn? He's not even eligible for Pohjola-camp due his age but he has started the ssn quite well as a double-underager statwise so I think if only his playing correlate to that he culd have a shot?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He has played all first 4 games in C-Sm sarja Q so far and has scored points in every game. 1+4=5 and is fourth in scoring and highest scoring D-man in his team. Can anyone tell (f.ex @ijuka) how has he looked overall?

Does he have a shot at making U-18 liiga as soon as next ssn? He's not even eligible for Pohjola-camp due his age but he has started the ssn quite well as a double-underager statwise so I think if only his playing correlate to that he culd have a shot?
I think he's looked good.

He has had / generated plenty of opportunities. I'd likely say that 5 points is pretty low in terms of how many points he could potentially have by now. He has this way of making passes out-of-nowhere that his teammates constantly are unprepared for, generated several wide open scoring chances and the teammate couldn't even get a shot off. Let's see, greatest asset's been his breakout ability, which is accomplished pretty much always. TPS's power play is also absolutely hopeless when he's not on the ice, he completely enables everything on the PP. Great vision and ability to actively seek opportunities and threaten and make things happen.

Had an insane breakaway pass attempt in today's game:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I have no problem with threads made about players basically at any age as long as no one is overly harsh on the child. Just in case they do get on the site and have to read about themselves getting trashed. I do think there is a serious problem with posting pictures of children who are not even teenagers if you're not their parents. It is not cool at all without the permission of the parents of the child. Im a father of 3 and I would be extremely pissed with my child's face being posted on any public forum by someone without my permission. As in I would probably punch whoever did it in the mouth if I was aware of who it was. It is not cool at all!

With that said I do look forward to seeing this kids progression. His numbers look extreamily impressive and it's always cool to see kids you have heard about at a young age succeed. My uncle was a referee and I can still remember him taking me to see games when I was a very young child in which he was reffing players like Lindros, Thornton, Samsonov (he was a little older), Tavares at a similar age who were thought of as prodigies of sorts. He knew for a fact Lindros was gonna be a Star NHL player if he wanted it when he was the same age as this young man.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shrug, it's an official WSI photo, and a link to it.

And yeah but what's interesting is that all of those players are forwards. Think back to how many Ds you've heard of being talked about like that at the age of 13.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I have no problem with threads made about players basically at any age as long as no one is overly harsh on the child. Just in case they do get on the site and have to read about themselves getting trashed. I do think there is a serious problem with posting pictures of children who are not even teenagers if you're not their parents. It is not cool at all without the permission of the parents of the child. Im a father of 3 and I would be extremely pissed with my child's face being posted on any public forum by someone without my permission. As in I would probably punch whoever did it in the mouth if I was aware of who it was. It is not cool at all!

With that said I do look forward to seeing this kids progression. His numbers look extreamily impressive and it's always cool to see kids you have heard about at a young age succeed. My uncle was a referee and I can still remember him taking me to see games when I was a very young child in which he was reffing players like Lindros, Thornton, Samsonov (he was a little older), Tavares at a similar age who were thought of as prodigies of sorts. He knew for a fact Lindros was gonna be a Star NHL player if he wanted it when he was the same age as this young man.
If it’s been published by an official tournament website or by the team I see no problem with posting it. I think it would be a little weird if someone posted a picture from a player’s Twitter, Facebook or Instagram tho

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad