Pre-Game Talk: Last home game of the 2023-24 season - Game 6 talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I don't know about that, Tkachuk was a monster the second half of that game. He was dominating, mostly Nurse and then Ceci down low, it was actually scary how badly the Oilers D were getting physically handled. Of course, Maurice can't dictate matchups in Edmonton so hopefully we see a lot more Ekholm-Bouchard against that line and a lot less Nurse and Ceci.
We’ll see if he can keep that up. I’m sure the travel is kicking the Panthers asses more than our guys, Panthers haven’t left their time zone since March before this series.

Tkachuk played with heart though no doubt, one of the best games I’ve ever seen him play. But maybe he really emptied the tank trying to end it at home.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Good morning Oilers fam. We welcomed a beautiful new Oilers fan into the world last night. My son Freddy was born healthy and 8 lbs 4 oz.

I tried but my wife wouldn't let me name him Connor.
Congrats

'grats ! love the name :pcheer:

We had our first child, a daughter, in 2024. She's born here in Leon's hometown, and we're only waiting on the Canadian certificate of citizenship. She will come to Oil Country next season :)

This alone makes 2024 unforgettable, but fingers & toes are all crossed for the boys to give us another gift! 🙏
Congrats as well

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I agree with this. This is the first real "pressure" game for the Oilers and everybody is talking about Game 7 already as if the Panthers are some also ran.
My other concern is that Tkachuk has awoken and the Oilers couldn't handle his line down low. It seems like the Panthers figured out something the second half of Game 5 so I wonder if that has carry over effect.

With that said, I do think the Oilers will win Game 6 but I expect Florida to be ready for war so the Oilers better be on their A game.

One thing of note is that in these playoffs momentum does transfer over game to game. Also because with home ice as mentioned in prior posts, Oilers can dictate match ups better. It doesn't help when one team takes a big lead and takes their foot off the gas or loses focus as well. It's hard to switch it back on.

I am not so much worried about Tckachuk or what Florida can do, but the Oilers beating themselves.

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017
Trying to find tickets for tomorrow. I have a question for anyone that sat in the upper bowl for games 3 of 4. We sat in loge for game 3 and I couldn't believe they had a camera flying around blocking out view for the entire game. I'm wondering if being up higher in the upper bowl had the same problem with the camera blocking the view the entire time. The camera was on the penalty box side

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
One thing the Oilers have shown this playoffs is that they run other teams down with their speed. Vancouver looked gassed by Game 6, Dallas lost it probably in Game 4. Panthers starting to look gassed now too.
I always laughed when everyone was so up in arms about us being the “oldest team in the league”. Take away Perry Ryan and Gagner and we right in our Prime with some younger talent to burn. The window is 5 more years with this core. And if we finally learn how to properly set up succession maybe longer.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Not an Oiler fan by any means.. But Mcdavid is single handed bringing the cup to Edmonton, this year.
God I hope so I want to go back to that main chat and serve my crow. I said before the series started that this series will come down to how bad McDrai want the cup and if they decide to take it NO team will stop them.I was laughed outa the room. Leon has been below average but Connor has been super saiyan to make up for it. He is the best since Mario/Wayne and he’s building his legacy this season.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
God I hope so I want to go back to that main chat and serve my crow. I said before the series started that this series will come down to how bad McDrai want the cup and if they decide to take it NO team will stop them.I was laughed outa the room. Leon has been below average but Connor has been super saiyan to make up for it. He is the best since Mario/Wayne and he’s building his legacy this season.
If they win, the crow will be served.

goach

Jun 30, 2013
He looks really good! But I'm a suffering Sabre fan. What do I know?

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree with this. This is the first real "pressure" game for the Oilers and everybody is talking about Game 7 already as if the Panthers are some also ran.
My other concern is that Tkachuk has awoken and the Oilers couldn't handle his line down low. It seems like the Panthers figured out something the second half of Game 5 so I wonder if that has carry over effect.

With that said, I do think the Oilers will win Game 6 but I expect Florida to be ready for war so the Oilers better be on their A game.
I agree with this except that Tkachuk clearly didnt want to come back to Alberta. That was likely the biggest thing driving his prediction for a Florida win on Tuesday. I cant see playing game 6 in Edmonton being energizing for him and the team.

For the Oilers free and loose (nothing to lose hockey) is likely done now. More pressure for this game only because they can acutally see the destination now. Its within reach...its right there.

That said this team has had to face a similar situation already this post season in the Vancouver series.
This isnt new to them although being only 2 wins away from the cup the stakes are higher now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad