Pre-Game Talk: Last home game of the 2023-24 season - Game 6 talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This game has me worried for some reason. More so than game 4 and 5 as those games didn't feel like they were as pressure packed. We were down 3-zip so we were expected to lose. But now it's a series, lots of pressure on both sides. Hope the boys play loose with joy and with great attention to detail. Would love to see what Zito throws next if Oilers win game 6.
I agree with this. This is the first real "pressure" game for the Oilers and everybody is talking about Game 7 already as if the Panthers are some also ran.
My other concern is that Tkachuk has awoken and the Oilers couldn't handle his line down low. It seems like the Panthers figured out something the second half of Game 5 so I wonder if that has carry over effect.

With that said, I do think the Oilers will win Game 6 but I expect Florida to be ready for war so the Oilers better be on their A game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
372604-gqaqo6hlrhhc.gif

(just so we’re clear, pain for the Panthers)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not gonna lie…. This game worries me… it’s a series now hope it’s not a trap game for them.

Yup, that is my concern as well. In a weird way, the pressure is now on the Oilers, even though they are down in the series. It is going to take everything we have to win tomorrow, and Skinner can't let in a bad goal.

I've already mentally prepared myself for the Oilers eventually losing this series. All logic and history tells me that this is the most probably outcome.

And yet, I dare to hope.

That is right where I am at. I expect to lose the series, because its only ever been done once, so statistically it is, BY FAR, the most likely outcome. I've made peace with whatever happens.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I agree with this. This is the first real "pressure" game for the Oilers and everybody is talking about Game 7 already as if the Panthers are some also ran.
My other concern is that Tkachuk has awoken and the Oilers couldn't handle his line down low. It seems like the Panthers figured out something the second half of Game 5 so I wonder if that has carry over effect.

With that said, I do think the Oilers will win Game 6 but I expect Florida to be ready for war so the Oilers better be on their A game.
The thing they figured out was that they were down and the Oilers had completely backed off. Tkachuk had a couple of gimme rushes, and he can definitely capitalize on those, but his awakening was largely a product of the situation.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
The thing they figured out was that they were down and the Oilers had completely backed off. Tkachuk had a couple of gimme rushes, and he can definitely capitalize on those, but his awakening was largely a product of the situation.
Oilers need to be calm and get their defensive game back up. No more "puck watching" and puck chasing" in their own end.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know about that, Tkachuk was a monster the second half of that game. He was dominating, mostly Nurse and then Ceci down low, it was actually scary how badly the Oilers D were getting physically handled. Of course, Maurice can't dictate matchups in Edmonton so hopefully we see a lot more Ekholm-Bouchard against that line and a lot less Nurse and Ceci.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ekblad always had injury concerns. Don't know how much this hurts panthers though.
Would hurt them big time. He's been playing a ton against McDavid. That means they have to insert some 3rd rate guy and useless plugs like Kulikov and Ekkman-Larsson get fed more minutes.

Why are they sitting out Okposo? I thought he looked pretty effective on the forecheck.
Can't skate, too slow to keep up with the pace the Oilers are setting. Barkov, Reinhardt and a few others looking gassed as well.

I know it's not practical, I know it makes no sense, I know the stakes are too high...

...but damn it would be good to see Gagner in the line up.
Please stick with incredible BBQ recipes and pictures of same, please!;):laugh::D

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Would hurt them big time. He's been playing a ton against McDavid. That means they have to insert some 3rd rate guy and useless plugs like Kulikov and Ekkman-Larsson get fed more minutes.

Can't skate, too slow to keep up with the pace the Oilers are setting. Barkov, Reinhardt and a few others looking gassed as well.

Please stick with incredible BBQ recipes and pictures of same, please!;):laugh::D
Inserting Cousins wouldn't be an upgrade on Okposo nevertheless. Cousins will take at least one dumb penalty tomorrow night.

Reinhart has been nonexistent this series.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad