Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
NYR? Something around Nash for Kane?

Kane is cheaper and only has 1 year left on his deal compared to Nash's 2, if shedding $ is NYR top priority

Otherwise I'd rather just keep Kane until he gets arrested eventually, or his contract runs out, rather than take a dog**** cap dump like Stoner from ANA just to get him off the team.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What is Buffalo's interest in Fleury as insurance policy/vet presence to go with Lehner? Also Pouliout as puck mover and PPQB?

Independent of a EKane trade I would love to get Pouliout in Buffalo. I think he is going to take off either next year or the one after.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't know, he said he would love to play in Vancouver, maybe his issues will die down if he comes home.

Perhaps, but there is risk. Roxy Fever is still a thing, and even when he was a Giant there were rumours swirling.

That being said, yeah, if we strike out on UFAs, I could get behind Kane as a player, it would just irritate me if we spent good assets on a player who then went full self destruction on us upon returning home.

Seriously though, what's the cost going to be Sabres fans? We have to send some salary back, but we are flexible in terms of who we can send.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Independent of a EKane trade I would love to get Pouliout in Buffalo. I think he is going to take off either next year or the one after.

Then it costs Kane. Kunitz+Pouliot for Kane. I think being around Sid and the environment in Pitt could straighten him out. The best in players seems to come out in the burgh

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Pretty sure the NHL is not going to like all the Evander Kane good only for Vegas vibe going around.

Buffalo will want too much for him. He's major damaged goods though, so they shouldn't expect much.

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario
Girardi or Nash. Not Staal.

Let me introduce you to Rick Nash and I'm going to hope Buffalo is on his list of 12.

Jesus...Evander Kane can't curb his partying in cities like Winnipeg and Buffalo...Do you think he'll be able to feel his face in Manhattan? The quality of women, restaurants, party venues... It's like going from the basement of party cities to the penthouse.

If Big Buff can't get this dude to be a part of a team, who will?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Kane is cheaper and only has 1 year left on his deal compared to Nash's 2, if shedding $ is NYR top priority

Otherwise I'd rather just keep Kane until he gets arrested eventually, or his contract runs out, rather than take a dog**** cap dump like Stoner from ANA just to get him off the team.

Shedding cap is nice, but Gorton has said he won't sell for at 60 cents on the dollar to achieve that.

If the guy's doing this type of stuff in Winnipeg and Buffalo, I'm afraid to think of what he'd do here in New York City.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Then it costs Kane. Kunitz+Pouliot for Kane. I think being around Sid and the environment in Pitt could straighten him out. The best in players seems to come out in the burgh

I was just praising Pouliot not talking about a trade. Take the compliment and move on.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wouldn't take Evander Kane on the Ducks for a handshake and a smile.

I hope Bob Murray stays the hell away.

You know it's bad when a rebuilding team wants to get rid of a talented winger after a short stint.

Evander Kane belongs only on the new Las Vegas team at this point.

Vegas is gonna be my 1b team. I really hope this doesn't happen. It's the absolute worst place he can be.

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
Shedding cap is nice, but Gorton has said he won't sell for at 60 cents on the dollar to achieve that.

If the guy's doing this type of stuff in Winnipeg and Buffalo, I'm afraid to think of what he'd do here in New York City.

totally understand your second point there... I do think he can be an effective player for the Rangers though, not quite as valued as nash but he really is much cheaper. And the 1 year less on the contract term is huge

maybe Buffalo adds in a B-level prospect or pick? Or am I just reaching at nothing here lol.

either way I think we're stuck with him folks. If he can make it one more season out of handcuffs, he can still be effective for us this season, then we can let him go

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It was a staggeringly bad trade.

But that said, Kane has value. He's not even close to a buyout candidate.

A top 4 LHD would be appropriate, with adders/cap dumps on either side as necessary.

If Taylor Hall could only get Adam Larsson, what makes you think Evander Kane with baggage can get a top 4 d man?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Stoner is a useful player who happens to be overpaid by half a million or so. There are much worse contracts to end up with. HF seems to have labelled him a bad player because of his cap hit, but he's exactly the type of Dman you want to insulate a young puck mover and has been a great partner for Vatanen.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If Taylor Hall could only get Adam Larsson, what makes you think Evander Kane with baggage can get a top 4 d man?

I don't. I just don't see the point in moving him for a lesser winger, or a center (which we're good with), or a bottom pairing D who we could probably grab for nothing in UFA, so what are we left with. Ergo, I don't expect him to move.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Lol. Worn out his welcome already. Jets fans hate to say they told you so!

You mean, LOVE LOVE LOVE to say I told you so. They bash Kane every chance they get.

It's funny, I used to really like Winnipeg and their fans. Their behavior on this board since that trade has completely changed my mind on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad