Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Great logic. 'The Kane trade was so bad -- we finished last and got Eichel -- therefore we won the trade.'

He literally said directly in the post you quoted that the Sabres may have come out on the losing end of the trade.

Like he literally put exactly that in the last line.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Man I really hope we don't jettison him for pennies on the dollar. I don't think he's a great role model or even a very good person, but a lot of his personal crap gets overblown. We'd definitely miss his speed, forechecking, and physicality.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Man I really hope we don't jettison him for pennies on the dollar. I don't think he's a great role model or even a very good person, but a lot of his personal crap gets overblown. We'd definitely miss his speed, forechecking, and physicality.

I agree. It was very noticeable that we were missing it when he was injured this year.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
The Kane trade was not bad for Buffalo on the ice.

Off the ice, yeah.

Agreed. Myers for Bogosian is pretty close to a wash, the rest was a grab bag that may yield some nice returns for Winnipeg. Kane on the ice has been pretty good for us, problem is some people were expecting a 35 goal power forward.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ya I'd imagine the asking price is pretty much whoever wants him... him being off the team is good enough with all these unreal young kids on the team... addition by subtraction

Exactly, and..........women in this region would rejoice, pepper spray, pistol and taser sales would take a hit though :sarcasm:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
That's an interesting spin on things. You may well have got Eichel regardless of that trade.

We finished 3 points ahead of Arizona. So one more win and an overtime loss and no Jack Eichel. There were sooo many close games down the last stretch of the season where a goal either way decides it. Remember Kane was injured and out for the year. So you replace Bogosian with Stafford (playing in a contract year) and a much more offensively skilled Tyler Myers back in the lineup, with some possible Joel Armia call ups and I truly believe Buffalo finishes ahead of Arizona.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I could see him coming back home to Vancouver to resurrect his fading career, but just don't think the Canucks have any assets that would be of interest to the Sabres....there's no way even Benning would trade a guy like Hansen, a character guy on a bargain contract in any package for Kane. and they can't afford draft picks....but who knows, if Subban, Weber and Hall can get traded, anything is possible.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I could see him coming back home to Vancouver to resurrect his fading career, but just don't think the Canucks have any assets that would be of interest to the Sabres....there's no way even Benning would trade a guy like Hansen, a character guy on a bargain contract in any package for Kane. and they can't afford draft picks....but who knows, if Subban, Weber and Hall can get traded, anything is possible.

He was a mess in vancouver playing junior and making a couple hundred bucks a month... can't imagine how he would be in vancouver making a couple hundred thousand every 2 weeks

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kane has a bad rep. He is not going to get straight up hockey value.

I would not trade for him unless it was a real bargain

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, Roslovic....

1297473299130_ORIGINAL.jpg

As a Sabres fan, only piece I miss is Lemieux. Myers and Stafford are career underperformers. You'll find out soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad