Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Bouwmeester and Rattie
For
Kane and Eichel

Does Buffalo have the cap space?

We have plenty of cap space but that package doesn't even come close to what it would take for the Sabres to trade Eichel. He is the most untouchable player on Buffalo's roster.

Eichel is the franchise center piece. He's just as untouchable to Buffalo as McDavid is to Edmonton. Tim Murray believes he can be a top 5 forward in the entire NHL.

But I'm guessing you probably already knew this... lol

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kane has a bad rep. He is not going to get straight up hockey value.

I would not trade for him unless it was a real bargain

Well, today's your lucky day. What's in your bargain bin?

Oh, and we'll even throw in an original YouTube "hide your kids, hide your wife cause Kane is coming" video

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Should never have traded for this guy. Due diligence should have exposed he's a real "choke artist"

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
We have plenty of cap space but that package doesn't even come close to what it would take for the Sabres to trade Eichel. He is the most untouchable player on Buffalo's roster.

Eichel is the franchise center piece. He's just as untouchable to Buffalo as McDavid is to Edmonton. Tim Murray believes he can be a top 5 forward in the entire NHL.

But I'm guessing you probably already knew this... lol

I'm just taking Buffalo fans at their word when they say they want to unload Kane. Of course I dont think it's fair value. How bad do you want to get rid of him? It obviously wouldnt mean moving an Eichel, but it will mean taking back a salary dump, and adding something attractive to the package.

This is how negotiations work, you know. You don't want to haggle?

Preposterous as it is, it's not complete rubbish--Bouwmeester is overpaid, but still a minute-munching top pairing defenseman--he'd help the PK, for sure. Rattie isn't garbage, either. He's just not going to unseat any current top 6 wingers on the Blues, and he lacks the mass and grit to play a bottom six role.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's just crazy that someone is willing to throw away a career as a pro-athlete because he can't control himself. Needs a life coach or something.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Great logic. 'The Kane trade was so bad -- we finished last and got Eichel -- therefore we won the trade.'

Not what I wrote.

Sabres made a trade in 2015 that helped them get Jack Eichel. The main part of the trade coming back was hurt (Kane), and they traded a key player (Myers) and key call-up (Armia). Myers and Armia on board, and the Sabres may not finish last. Kane could never help them win a game in 2015.

Long-term, traded piece only: Buffalo looks worse by the day.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Conditional LA 2017 first.

condition is that 2 fold. 1: If LA misses playoffs it becomes 2018 first, 2: If Kane gets arrested before pick is used it becomes a 2nd.

Mostly just want to see that 2nd condition in any deal haha

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It's just crazy that someone is willing to throw away a career as a pro-athlete because he can't control himself. Needs a life coach or something.

It was brought up on Hockey Hotline by Rivet to pay someone 250k a year to keep it sorted for Kane.
I immediately called the station for the job but they didn't think my dog shock collar on Kane was a good idea. However, Andrew Peters laughed. They decided not to put me on the air, because I said yes when asked if I was serious lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad