Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
I don't see the Sabres selling low on Kane. I could see TM putting Kane in a package with Girgensens and something else to try and get something big but I have a hard time seeing him traded for spare parts. The guy may have his off ice issues but he still netted 20 goals last year. 20 goal scorers don't just grow on trees especially in todays NHL. I personally like his overall game and think he is a pretty important piece for the Sabres.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
He can go to any city where they dry clean tracksuits

jyJ7SOf.gif
ekM7vvG.gif

77DOXbe.png

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
NYR? Something around Nash for Kane?

Kane is cheaper and only has 1 year left on his deal compared to Nash's 2, if shedding $ is NYR top priority

Otherwise I'd rather just keep Kane until he gets arrested eventually, or his contract runs out, rather than take a dog**** cap dump like Stoner from ANA just to get him off the team.

I am intrigued by Kane for Nash because Nash is only two years removed from a 40 goal season.....this would be a gamble for both sides and it could work, but I think Buffalo would take on the bigger part of the gamble....Nash is 32, and yes only two years removed from a 40 goal season, but still coming off a down year. New York would have to add a roster player.

The only thing that would interest me in a deal around Kane for Nash (100% salary) would be if Kevin Hayes was involved.....I would even throw in a 2017 first, and prospects if it helped make it happen because I think very highly of Hayes.

But I know New York would never do that, so I'd rather keep him because yes, Buffalo will value him highly, I can imagine it would be tough to find a partner. He still is a 24 year old power forward with great speed who can play on most team's top line....if they can't get decent value, i'd rather keep him. I can't imagine they'd give him away

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Stay away from Benning... please.

I know, right? :laugh:

Canucks are so unattractive right now! If they get Wisniewski and Kane they fill two real holes. Hire a cast-off and a head case and improve on the ice. Hockey Gods are testing Benning's resolve. I wouldn't be surprised he buckles. FA has nothing to to offer Canucks. People with a choice won't come to Canucks org.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I don't see the Sabres selling low on Kane. I could see TM putting Kane in a package with Girgensens and something else to try and get something big but I have a hard time seeing him traded for spare parts. The guy may have his off ice issues but he still netted 20 goals last year. 20 goal scorers don't just grow on trees especially in todays NHL. I personally like his overall game and think he is a pretty important piece for the Sabres.

There were 105 players in the NHL who scored 20+ goals.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
From a Vancouver perspective, if it was cheap enough it might be worth it for us to try. He has stated that he has a lot of respect for Linden and Willie(looked up to Linden as a kid). They may be able to help him sort out his off ice issues. I usually like his play on ice.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
To Vancouver:
Kane

To Buffalo
2nd in 2017
Hansen

Seeing as Lucic wont be signing there.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Over payment for Kane. Hansen has more value at this time.

It would be more like Kane + 2017 1st for Hansen + 2017 2nd

Wow, you do know he's 30

What about

Kane

for

2017 2nd
2018 3rd
Burrows
Hansen

You'd be getting cap relief as well as a strong player.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Wow, you do know he's 30

What about

Kane

for

2017 2nd
2018 3rd
Burrows
Hansen

You'd be getting cap relief as well as a strong player.

Add in your 2017 1st and 2018 1st. Kane's value has dropped significantly. a single 2017 2nd would be enough for him, maybe even less.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Add in your 2017 1st and 2018 1st. Kane's value has dropped significantly. a single 2017 2nd would be enough for him, maybe even less.

you're insane my friend........

Kane's value hasn't become nothing, he's still a Top 6 Winger who puts up 20 goals.
Regardless of his off-ice problems, which hasn't actually had him convicted of anything, he is still worth more than a 2nd rounder

Kane is the best player involved, and we are taking a cap dump in Burrows

Kane is 26 vs Hansen is 30, cheaper but brings less to the game, isn't Kane in terms of physicality

Burrows is a cap dump

The 2017 2nd is for the cap dump, the 2018 3rd is the difference between Kane and Hansen

t800rad

Jan 6, 2016
Bogosian is better than Myers. Armia is garbage. Buffalo fans had enough of Stafford and he wasn't coming back. Lemieux and the pick are the only pieces the Sabres really lost.

Lemieux wasn't interested in signing in Buffalo anyway.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
probably worth a 2nd to a team willing to give him a shot.
if he gets run out of two straight cities, how long can he possibly ride his good 2011-2012 season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad