Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If Oilers strike out on Lucic, maybe Yak+ for Kane? We'll need someone who can play top 6 LW now that Hall is out. Though maybe Chia has no interest in him because of his 'issues'. I don't really know enough about that, nor his 'issues' to be honest.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Is there any team in the league that would be interested in this guy? I see him on waivers within 2 years. The locker room in Winnipeg despised him. TM took a chance, it happens - you can't fit in with every single group of people you encounter in life. He goes to Buffalo, it doesn't appear like he fit in there either, especially with his 'after hours' legal issues. Why would anyone bring this guy into their locker room?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If Oilers strike out on Lucic, maybe Yak+ for Kane? We'll need someone who can play top 6 LW now that Hall is out. Though maybe Chia has no interest in him because of his 'issues'. I don't really know enough about that, nor his 'issues' to be honest.

Yakupov+ doesn't get the conversation started.

He's a great third line winger, can turn possession up ice and pot 20 goals on his own. Glad to keep him after this deal if we can lower the price and have a coach who uses him in that role.

We're likely shopping him because we've moved on from the hope that he can turn into a top line player. The piece we'd move him for would have to be a top 4 D. Nobody's giving him away because of a police report.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

He's a great third line winger, can turn possession up ice and pot 20 goals on his own. Glad to keep him after this deal if we can lower the price and have a coach who uses him in that role.

We're likely shopping him because we've moved on from the hope that he can turn into a top line player. The piece we'd move him for would have to be a top 4 D. Nobody's giving him away because of a police report.

Excellent news. We don't want Kane. If any team would enjoy him, try Philadelphia.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'm still holding out hope that he can stay with the Sabres and become a contributing part of the good-looking team they've got assembled. I'd be quite happy if it turned out to be an even trade and the Sabres look like a fun team to watch.

Has that been their problem the last decade? 'oh, He's a great hockey player and exactly what we need. Perfect fit. Nope. He looks like Steve Buscemi. Just not good-looking enough. Next. Close, but looks a bit too much like Corey Feldman. Next. Oh, look at that square jaw. Looks like Brad Pitt. Lets get him.'

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

He's potted 20 goals just twice in 7 seasons. And he had to play 21 minutes a game just to get 20. IIRC, 4 or 5 of them were empty netters as well.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Kick him to the curb, Kane is the opposite of a Bylsma type player. Move him now or let him spend the season as the coach's doormat

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Excellent news. We don't want Kane. If any team would enjoy him, try Philadelphia.

Wouldn't it be LA? Philly got rid of Carter and Richards for 'personal issues', and LA reformed them. Well, in Carter's case I guess it worked, but not so much for Richards. But maybe they would take another swing of the bat with Kane. But I guess they would have to move some cap space to make it happen. I dunno, I'm just spit-balling, so no one take this post too seriously, or get in a huff and puff.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Hes overrated, overpayed, and increasingly looking like a headache to the organization he plays for.

No thanks.

Pretty much nailed it right here.

If Bogo keeps giving away picks like I saw last season I'm going to have to peg the Myers and package trade a complete disaster.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

You are nuts if you don't think that gets it started.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Come on, he is being shopped because he is a cancer in the locker room and has been under investigation three times now...no need to sugar coat it.

Greg Schuler

Apr 3, 2012
Is there any team in the league that would be interested in this guy? I see him on waivers within 2 years. The locker room in Winnipeg despised him. TM took a chance, it happens - you can't fit in with every single group of people you encounter in life. He goes to Buffalo, it doesn't appear like he fit in there either, especially with his 'after hours' legal issues. Why would anyone bring this guy into their locker room?

Are his after hours indiscretions any better or worse than Patrick Kane? I seem to remember that Kane had some issues of his own before he "straightened" out. I'd hate to think that any of this was motivated by factors outside of hockey, but...

Kane has talent, and if he matures (he is only 24, and how much of a knucklehead were any of us at 24), he is a good hockey player. He got too much too soon and as we are learning with the Subban trade, the hockey old guard is rather conservative.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Are his after hours indiscretions any better or worse than Patrick Kane? I seem to remember that Kane had some issues of his own before he "straightened" out. I'd hate to think that any of this was motivated by factors outside of hockey, but...

Kane has talent, and if he matures (he is only 24, and how much of a knucklehead were any of us at 24), he is a good hockey player. He got too much too soon and as we are learning with the Subban trade, the hockey old guard is rather conservative.

This "24 year old kid" has had more police contact in the past six months than a normal citizen will have in their lifetime.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Patrick Kane didn't have locker room issues though. It's the combination of the two that are worrying. A good player, great locker room guy, with a few off-ice problems is a lot easier to deal with than a guy with previous locker room issues that is also attracting the wrong type of attention off the ice. Wouldn't you agree?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Patrick Kane is an MVP type player.

Evander Kane is a 15-20 goal/35-40 point player who is injured all the time.

Obviously, you're going to give one of the above players more leeway than the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad