Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
you're insane my friend........

Kane's value hasn't become nothing, he's still a Top 6 Winger who puts up 20 goals.
Regardless of his off-ice problems, which hasn't actually had him convicted of anything, he is still worth more than a 2nd rounder

Kane is the best player involved, and we are taking a cap dump in Burrows

Kane is 26 vs Hansen is 30, cheaper but brings less to the game, isn't Kane in terms of physicality

Burrows is a cap dump

The 2017 2nd is for the cap dump, the 2018 3rd is the difference between Kane and Hansen
Good luck with trading him. Van will laugh as we walk away with what your asking.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If he was on waivers tomorrow, I wouldn't even think of putting a claim in. Guy is poison, and not even a terribly good player.

nickk382

Jun 11, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
This kid just seems like bad news. His trade value has obviously dropped tremendously if the Sabres already want him gone. They're obviously in a rebuild mode and he is at an age that fits the needed role in order to do that.

Sabres will have a hard time getting something solid in return for him now.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
If Taylor Hall fetched Adam Larsson, trading Evander Kane should net Buffalo a puck. Not a bag of pucks, one puck. Singular. Only question is whether it's a NHL regulation puck or one of those plastic orange discs

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
If Taylor Hall fetched Adam Larsson, trading Evander Kane should net Buffalo a puck. Not a bag of pucks, one puck. Singular. Only question is whether it's a NHL regulation puck or one of those plastic orange discs

Can I get you down to half a puck?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I love the way Kane plays, but he's been banged up the last little while and has now been involved in 3 criminal investigations in the last year. He'd need to have 2 healthy, productive, drama free seasons in a row before anyone would offer anything but garbage for him.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Wouldn't mind to see him go but if he plays for Buffalo he will probably perform better than what they'll get for him.

Getting rid of him could be pretty nice though. Guy is just an absolute idiot which is so unfortunate given the tools he has at his disposal.

You guys got a lot of kids. Even if he performs on the ice what he does off the ice is seen by his Teammates.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This kid just seems like bad news. His trade value has obviously dropped tremendously if the Sabres already want him gone. They're obviously in a rebuild mode and he is at an age that fits the needed role in order to do that.

Sabres will have a hard time getting something solid in return for him now.

Rebuild is over, the owner himself stated time to start winning. Just tweaks to the roster now.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Smells like unsubstantiated second-hand account meant to provoke a feeding frenzy. There's no reason for TM to tell some random agent that he's trading Kane. Unfortunately Kane has put himself in a situation where almost anything said about him seems at least semi-plausible.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I wouldn't be surprised to see the league reject a trade for Kane, given that there are questions about whether or not he would be damaged goods (i.e., playing status because of legal issues).

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm still holding out hope that he can stay with the Sabres and become a contributing part of the good-looking team they've got assembled. I'd be quite happy if it turned out to be an even trade and the Sabres look like a fun team to watch.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Except Kane is actually good at Hockey...where as Johnny Football isnt very good at his sport.

Depends what you mean by "good". The list of players in the NHL who could put up 35 points playing 21 min/game is very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad