Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I can tell you that the Flyers are most definitely NOT interested in Kane at any price (unless of course we got him for just a 7th rnd pick and then we flipped him immediately for a higher pick, and of course that ain't happening).

Hextall has said over and over again (and it was evident in the draft this year) that they are looking for "character guys". Kane is definitely NOT the type of player he wants anywhere near this locker room

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
People that say "not interested" usually are.
Come on, admit it, there's a tracksuit in your closet. You a closet Kaner, aren't you? It's ok to say so here, in this "safe space"

:sarcasm:

He has "character" issues which is a big no no for the organization I support. But maybe we can have another look at him. Can he grind? :sarcasm:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He has "character" issues which is a big no no for the organization I support. But maybe we can have another look at him. Can he grind? :sarcasm:

Last I heard he wasn't a scorer, nor a playmaker, I'm guessing he can't grind since he's a a "choke artist" :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My prediction: Most teams will be regretting not trading for Kane and instead opting for a UFA 2 years from now

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
My prediction: Most teams will be regretting not trading for Kane and instead opting for a UFA 2 years from now

Giving him the benefit of the doubt for now until anything off-ice is confirmed, but as long as that doesn't prevent him from playing in the NHL altogether, I agree.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
totally understand your second point there... I do think he can be an effective player for the Rangers though, not quite as valued as nash but he really is much cheaper. And the 1 year less on the contract term is huge

maybe Buffalo adds in a B-level prospect or pick? Or am I just reaching at nothing here lol.

either way I think we're stuck with him folks. If he can make it one more season out of handcuffs, he can still be effective for us this season, then we can let him go

At one point in time, I think he was a guy Rangers fans would've wanted the organization to look at. Tons of potential there soured by a pretty crappy attitude.

It's easy to write off his problems with the Winnipeg organization as being an isolated incident, but now that's it happened twice, his stock is going to really have plummeted. Guys with attitude problems tend to wear out their welcome pretty quickly. They might be able to stick around based on pure talent, but it's going to end up biting them at some point.

That's not to say he can't change, but, man, I personally want no part of him in the Rangers organization.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'm just taking Buffalo fans at their word when they say they want to unload Kane. Of course I dont think it's fair value. How bad do you want to get rid of him? It obviously wouldnt mean moving an Eichel, but it will mean taking back a salary dump, and adding something attractive to the package.

This is how negotiations work, you know. You don't want to haggle?

Preposterous as it is, it's not complete rubbish--Bouwmeester is overpaid, but still a minute-munching top pairing defenseman--he'd help the PK, for sure. Rattie isn't garbage, either. He's just not going to unseat any current top 6 wingers on the Blues, and he lacks the mass and grit to play a bottom six role.

If you're talking Bouwmeester and Rattie for Kane and some other non core player, then yeah sure I can see it.

What I took issue with is Eichel (as my post stated). He's untouchable, and even if he weren't that package mentioned doesn't even get the Sabres listening.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
He already played there in Belarus "Dinamo Minsk" team during last NHL lockout, he was terrible there on score sheet and a lot of people hated him.
Swiss league seems more realistic.

Yeah he's already been sent home from a KHL team because he was out of shape and frankly, not good enough. One goal, no assists in nine games or something. I guess they don't value zero IQ guys who drag their line mates down. High and wide.

The Natural.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Bogosian is better than Myers. Armia is garbage. Buffalo fans had enough of Stafford and he wasn't coming back. Lemieux and the pick are the only pieces the Sabres really lost.

How do you figure armia is garbage? How many games did you get to see him play? Like 4?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This makes me laugh every single day.

I don't know what could be worse than Buffalo at this point.

Evander Kane to Columbus for Scott Hartnell and Jared Boll, I hope to see this happen! :yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap:

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Last I heard he wasn't a scorer, nor a playmaker, I'm guessing he can't grind since he's a a "choke artist" :laugh:

He's a shooter, not a scorer. His hockey IQ is at absolute zero and he's the king of awful shots and never looks to pass. He also misses the net by feet on 50% of breakaways. He is a strong skater though and good on the forecheck

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
- I hated the Kane/Myers trade from the start, because Kane is not the top scoring W he was once thought to be
- Buffalo didn't get screwed though because Myers=Bogo, Stafford was leaving anyway, Armia isn't good, talk was Lemieux didn't want to sign in Buf.
- Kane has continued to make news for stupid things, but he has been fine with the team.
- He's still good on the ice as a possession, checking W with some scoring ability, not a cap dump.

I'd take Fowler and Stoner for Kane and maybe a 3rd or so. Brodin for Kane and Guhle maybe.

I think your pumping a dry well with that trade proposal.

Trading for Kane to help the "rebuild" was one of the most despicable things done in NHL history IMHO.

The karma police have been called in, more news at 11!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad