Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
he is quickly becoming untouchable with this attitude coupled with his below average performance.

This may be his last contract in the NHL if he doesn't smarten up.

jdpitt05

Jan 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
What is Buffalo's interest in Fleury as insurance policy/vet presence to go with Lehner? Also Pouliout as puck mover and PPQB?

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
No team will trade for him. He is getting claimed by Vegas in the expansion draft

kane.jpg

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Rumors about Evander Kane = 100% true

Speculation that Subban may have some off ice issues with the team = SMEAR CAMPAIGN

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Evender Kane For Kunitz and 3round pick in 2017. Or Kane plus a second round pick for Fleury

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd easily trade Hansen and Sbisa for him. Hansen for value, Sbisa because Buffalo has to take some salary back, I think Sbisa would do ok in the east.

I see Hansen as being a solid complement to Kane, so I'd rather swap Hansen for Dorsett and add other value.

I think the world of Kane's talents, but this is the second organization running him out of town. Looking at the buyouts that have happened this season, that is very pricey if things go south. The money and cap hit aren't my biggest concern, it's giving up assets for a player for two years who may have this fanbases turn him into a scapegoat and drive him to further misbehaviour.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I could sadly see the Oilers taking a chance on the guy.

We took on Kassian, so why not Kane...

I think their is a limit on how many project players you can take on at a time, also it's a bit insensitive to Kassian he's in a good place right now, but he hasn't been on the right side of the wagon for very long, don't need to go out of our way to add a partier + heavy drinker onto the club. I also think we are a bit lacking in terms of veteran leadership to put Kane in his proper place.

\Buffalo should just wait till after Lucic and Ladd are picked up off free agency, they should get a decent return from one of the teams that missed out.

For the record even despite Kane's most recent legal issues, I still think he'd return more than Yak in a trade.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
- I hated the Kane/Myers trade from the start, because Kane is not the top scoring W he was once thought to be
- Buffalo didn't get screwed though because Myers=Bogo, Stafford was leaving anyway, Armia isn't good, talk was Lemieux didn't want to sign in Buf.
- Kane has continued to make news for stupid things, but he has been fine with the team.
- He's still good on the ice as a possession, checking W with some scoring ability, not a cap dump.

I'd take Fowler and Stoner for Kane and maybe a 3rd or so. Brodin for Kane and Guhle maybe.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Not surprising. Dude is an idiot.

Anaheim could be a fit. Good group of vets there + they could use him on the LW with Getzlaf and Perry.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Evander was actually really good when he was healthy last year. I'm definitely not itching for the Sabres to trade him, but it'd be cool to get a good LHD in return if possible.

Deedog

Nov 27, 2015
Bogosian is better than Myers. Armia is garbage. Buffalo fans had enough of Stafford and he wasn't coming back. Lemieux and the pick are the only pieces the Sabres really lost.

Yeah. Ok. Armia and the first will turn out better than kane on their own.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I see Hansen as being a solid complement to Kane, so I'd rather swap Hansen for Dorsett and add other value.

I think the world of Kane's talents, but this is the second organization running him out of town. Looking at the buyouts that have happened this season, that is very pricey if things go south. The money and cap hit aren't my biggest concern, it's giving up assets for a player for two years who may have this fanbases turn him into a scapegoat and drive him to further misbehaviour.

I don't know, he said he would love to play in Vancouver, maybe his issues will die down if he comes home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad